****Revenge - UK Pace****

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a Youtube video of the song,It's called "Hold On," by Angus and Julia Stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0VKlQl5fOc
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a Youtube video of the song,It's called "Hold On," by Angus and Julia Stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0VKlQl5fOc
    awesome, thank you! :) great song, but this is the one I was after... from the same artist though! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWh-TlEQ4k
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked it a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it a bit uninspiring really but will give it one more episode. The pilot was way too confusing and poorly written, way to many characters not enough background so you could not really understand who was who and what was going on half the time, flashbacks, people dead or collapsing and the main character changing her name from when she was a little girl. Just way to much for one episode and way too confusing,
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ddarko wrote: »
    She has the tendency to purse her lips and suck in her cheeks whenever she is trying to demonstrate her character is scheming but it looks to me like she is sucking a lemon.

She's not the only Brit on the show - according to imdb, Daniel/Joshua Bowman was born in Berkshire and educated at Wellington College.

Yes, Josh Bowman is a Brit and his sister Scarlett is on Hollyoaks.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    I found it a bit uninspiring really but will give it one more episode. The pilot was way too confusing and poorly written, way to many characters not enough background so you could not really understand who was who and what was going on half the time, flashbacks, people dead or collapsing and the main character changing her name from when she was a little girl. Just way to much for one episode and way too confusing,

Couldn't agree more - very confusing. I guess that's the idea of a pilot, though: introduce as many characters as possible in quick bursts.

As someone else said, it has more the feel of a soap. It also put me in mind of things like One Tree Hill, especially with the annoying "dreamy-voiced singer' backing track. I will stick with it for now as a few of you are suggesting it gets better and there's nothing else on at that time on a Monday!

A shame it lacks class. I was hoping for something less shallow and more gritty and believable, like The Good Wife. So far it falls way, way short. Probably aimed at teenagers or twenty-somethings (hence repeat showings on T4 Saturday daytime)? Sadly I'm neither!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more - very confusing. I guess that's the idea of a pilot, though: introduce as many characters as possible in quick bursts.

As someone else said, it has more the feel of a soap. It also put me in mind of things like One Tree Hill, especially with the annoying "dreamy-voiced singer' backing track. I will stick with it for now as a few of you are suggesting it gets better and there's nothing else on at that time on a Monday!

A shame it lacks class. I was hoping for something less shallow and more gritty and believable, like The Good Wife. So far it falls way, way short. Probably aimed at teenagers or twenty-somethings (hence repeat showings on T4 Saturday daytime)? Sadly I'm neither!

I agree, the show has been hyped up and thats where it falls flat, i was expecting something more gritty but its just powder puff soap stuff.
    The idea of a pilot is to draw you in and to start understanding and liking characters, it just left me cold and did nothing to make me want to watch it again, just think it was very poor writing.
    I am assuming the opening scenes are really the end and we now have 22 episodes:yawn: leading up to that guy getting shot which i asume is her revenge
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. maybe I'm just really really shallow ;)

I'm looking forward to finding out what happened to her after her father was arrested and how she ended up in prison.

I also love the setting, the houses and the clothes.

Yep, just really, really shallow:D
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am assuming the opening scenes are really the end and we now have 22 episodes:yawn: leading up to that guy getting shot which i asume is her revenge

Nope.
    The flashforward at the start takes place mid-season, around episode 13 if I remember correctly. It's a bit of a gamechanger.

I entreat everyone to stick with it after the first episode! I've seen all 22 episodes of the first season and I can safely say the last 5 minutes of the season are among my favourite of this entire TV season, and that's from someone that watches Homeland and such.

The first episode does seem a little tacky, especially noticeable when watching it for the second time on E4, but something happens after that. It gradually becomes much more rich and spectacular. Seriously, don't bail until you've watched the whole first series people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.
    The flashforward at the start takes place mid-season, around episode 13 if I remember correctly. It's a bit of a gamechanger.

I entreat everyone to stick with it after the first episode! I've seen all 22 episodes of the first season and I can safely say the last 5 minutes of the season are among my favourite of this entire TV season, and that's from someone that watches Homeland and such.

The first episode does seem a little tacky, especially noticeable when watching it for the second time on E4, but something happens after that. It gradually becomes much more rich and spectacular. Seriously, don't bail until you've watched the whole first series people.

I am going to try to stick with it, hate dumping a show after a few episodes so have decided to give it 5 or 6 to see how it goes.;)
    I was of the impression it was going to be a more gritty darker style of show but appears to be from the 90210 fluffy soap style mould, but as its on E4 that dont surprise me;) all the more gritty drama's Channel 4 broadcasting put on either CH4 or more4.
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.

And that English party organiser girl friend of Emily with the "posh accent" who supposedly came from Croydon ?

Should have been Chelsea.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find with these things that you always have to give them a few episodes if you have the patience. It's quite common that the first episode is nothing special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This first episode as it is in most dramas, is just to introduce the characters, establish some of the "back story" and give you a bit of action.
    I actually had to watch it twice to get my head round who was who etc., I quite enjoyed watching it a second time, which for me is a rear occurrence.
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which for me is a rear occurrence.

The mind boggles !!

Boggle, Boggle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glomper wrote: »
    The mind boggles !!

Boggle, Boggle.

Hmm.. after seeing my typo, I guess in hindsight.....
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if i should give this show or a go or not? I'm not really sure what it's about but i've had a lot of friends telling me to watch it, but not sure if i can really get into ANOTHER american tv show..
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Glomper wrote: »
    And that English party organiser girl friend of Emily with the "posh accent" who supposedly came from Croydon ?

Should have been Chelsea.

Except the actress is from Croydon. She went to school in Selhurst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence to anybody but I don't understand how the first episode could have been confusing if you were giving it your full attention. It was very clear that Amanda/Emily are the same person from the moment she takes the beach house. There aren't a huge number of characters. The premise was quite clear from the first ten minutes...

@Tyyleer, it's about a girl who moves back to the place she grew up to get revenge on the people who framed her father for an appalling crime, in a nutshell.
  • ack1990ack1990 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I loved the pilot. I watch most genres of TV shows and this gives me my soapy, bitchy, backstabbing fix :D
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to try to stick with it, hate dumping a show after a few episodes so have decided to give it 5 or 6 to see how it goes.;)
    I was of the impression it was going to be a more gritty darker style of show but appears to be from the 90210 fluffy soap style mould, but as its on E4 that dont surprise me;) all the more gritty drama's Channel 4 broadcasting put on either CH4 or more4.

I'm going to have to ask you to give it to 7! Only because up until the first 6 or so episodes there's a villian-of-the-week scenario that doesn't really allow the show to thrive the way it does after those first handful of episodes. After -- I think it's 7 episodes, can't recall -- it becomes the dark, gritty show you were rightfully expecting. If you're looking for dark and gritty, all I can say is after seeing the first season; you'll look back on it and think "It delivered".

As for it being on E4, I think they opted for there instead of C4 because the pilot does show that initial fluffiness which could have alienated the C4 audience, whereas on E4 it grabs that light audience and then shocks them as the fluffy becomes er, more gritty. I hope that makes sense.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    I love shows about rich, beautiful people with secrets so I'll be watching every week.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I love shows about rich, beautiful people with secrets so I'll be watching every week.

It's so much more than that though!:D
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I'd give this a try, as alot of my usual programmes have finished now (hopefully most of them will be back:D) and english tv will be full of sport over the next few weeks(Euro 2012/Wimbledon/Olympics) and was so pleased I did. The pilot was fantastic, easy to follow, raised loads of questions to be answered as the series unfolds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I was a bit skeptical after hearing such great things about it and then watching an average pilot. However it genuinely does get so much better, I ended up watching whole series and just finished now!
    Whilst there are a few weak points (Nolans acting /Some unrealisticness) it is very good.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    No offence to anybody but I don't understand how the first episode could have been confusing if you were giving it your full attention. It was very clear that Amanda/Emily are the same person from the moment she takes the beach house. There aren't a huge number of characters. The premise was quite clear from the first ten minutes...

@Tyyleer, it's about a girl who moves back to the place she grew up to get revenge on the people who framed her father for an appalling crime, in a nutshell.

I agree it was perfectly clear and so was also confused by people getting confused by it.