The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

brbbrb Posts: 27,405
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Daniella who?

Daniela is caming from Slovenia and of course, she is big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest!

I made myself laugh :blush:

Continuation of: The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 55)

Comments

• Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Daniela is caming from Slovenia and she is big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest!

I made myself laugh :blush:

Made me laugh too! Also a style icon as well with all those outfits! :D

Edit: We've been split! Part 56! And what a lovely way to kick it off, with the legend of Daniela! :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New thread :)
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh! Wasn't expecting a thread cut tonight! Is it a new thing to not cut them at 200 pages anymore? The last 2 have went to over 400!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    Ooh! Wasn't expecting a thread cut tonight! Is it a new thing to not cut them at 200 pages anymore? The last 2 have went to over 400!

Ever since the forum changed threads can be longer before being chopped.
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Welcome 56 - our contest thread :)
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I totally missed this forum last year and hence i know not of the lovely Daniella LOL
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Hello new thread.

The only problem is that everyone who comes here who isn't aware of Daniela will now think that I spelled 'coming' wrong! But I didn't ;D

and about our 2011 discussion... I'm still trying to get over Alexey not winning :( "do you feel my heartbeat Eu*voice breaks*rope?!"
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! Hello new thread.

The only problem is that everyone who comes here who isn't aware of Daniela will now think that I spelled 'coming' wrong! But I didn't ;D

and about our 2011 discussion... I'm still trying to get over Alexey not winning :( "do you feel my heartbeat Eu*voice breaks*rope?!"

I floated in and out of last years thread, so I have no idea what you're talking about. You should enlighten us :D
    Forum Member
    lol
    she sounds a hoot but i care not a jot that she doesn't like our entry. Sounds as thought its a good omen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I floated in and out of last years thread, so I have no idea what you're talking about. You should enlighten us :D
    lol
    she sounds a hoot but i care not a jot that she doesn't like our entry. Sounds as thought its a good omen.

Daniela is a lady from Slovenia who makes YouTube videos. She starts each video off with a dramatic turn and "Hi, my name is Daniela and I am caming from Slovenia and of course, I am big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest". And she tends to sometimes dance during her videos. AND as Lisa said, she's a fashion icon. All the ladies want to be her, and all the men want to be with her.

She is awesome.

Here is her discussing Children of the Universe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88Ws1WdssY

and here she is modelling our a beautiful violet/white dress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoEa8rccH4
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Just joining the Eurovision chat...

I've been reading lots of websites and I can't understand how Iceland isn't getting any love? To me it's the right song at the right time! Even if it is a rip off of Tommy Sparks - She's Got Me Dancin' it seems one of the more unique songs this year compared to the rest.
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniela is my favourite youtuber.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And please add her on Facebook - she introduces her videos by explaining what she's wearing and saying "...because I love dresses" :D

https://www.facebook.com/ella.eurovision?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also really like Katarina. She's from Austria and this is her reaction video to the premier of the video of Rise like a Phoenix. Her reaction really makes me smile :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSpdXFWu5-0
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »

I've been reading lots of websites and I can't understand how Iceland isn't getting any love? To me it's the right song at the right time! Even if it is a rip off of Tommy Sparks - She's Got Me Dancin' it seems one of the more unique songs this year compared to the rest.

Welcome!

And I love Iceland too - the lyrics are spot on, the message would have totally been lost if they'd stuck to Icelandic. Just think that semi 1 is too difficult....
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniela is a lady from Slovenia who makes YouTube videos. She starts each video off with a dramatic turn and "Hi, my name is Daniela and I am caming from Slovenia and of course, I am big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest". And she tends to sometimes dance during her videos. AND as Lisa said, she's a fashion icon. All the ladies want to be her, and all the men want to be with her.

She is awesome.

Here is her discussing Children of the Universe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88Ws1WdssY

and here she is modelling our a beautiful violet/white dress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoEa8rccH4

Oh Jesus! I remember her now hahahaha!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Welcome!

And I love Iceland too - the lyrics are spot on, the message would have totally been lost if they'd stuck to Icelandic. Just think that semi 1 is too difficult....

I wonder if they sang it in English from the beginning if it would be more popular now. Admittedly, I hated it when in Icelandic, it just sounded like an utter mess and that was when the hate started with it. Now it's in English, it just runs better. It's my 8 points at the moment! (behind Austria and Azerbaijan).
    Forum Member
    I also really like Katarina. She's from Austria and this is her reaction video to the premier of the video of Rise like a Phoenix. Her reaction really makes me smile :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSpdXFWu5-0

Oh i know love her, she is very sweet and love her reaction to RLAP. Talked to her a few times. I have also left some love on conchita's wall. :):):):):):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Iceland - although admit I haven't listened to it yet in English.. I've been waiting for the CD! Can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow.
  • oleary_91oleary_91 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Hi, I have been reading this thread for the past few years but I feel with a new thread it is the perfect time to start posting!

I love Daniela from Slovenia :blush:
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they sang it in English from the beginning if it would be more popular now. Admittedly, I hated it when in Icelandic, it just sounded like an utter mess and that was when the hate started with it. Now it's in English, it just runs better. It's my 8 points at the moment! (behind Austria and Azerbaijan).

I like it. Bloke with beard who wears the fishing suit looks a bit like my other half.Its the beard. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oleary_91 wrote: »
    Hi, I have been reading this thread for the past few years but I feel with a new thread it is the perfect time to start posting!

I love Daniela from Slovenia :blush:

Welcome to you both!! :):)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member

OMG you're so right with that connection! Lyrically I love the message of the song, it's just that musically more of the other songs appeal to me instead.
  • oleary_91oleary_91 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    Welcome to you both!! :):)

Thank You!! :D
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    If the UK is drawing second then that's good news, hopefully Germany get first half or we're screwed :p
This discussion has been closed.