Options

How To Get Away With Murder (UK pace)

Comments

• Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Annalise was pissed because her affair with the cop was different. She was using the cop to get information for the case she was working on. Where as Sam had a deep relationship with Lila. Plus this isn't the first time Sam has cheated on Annalise as well.

I disagree, she called him her "boyfriend" to Wes after he caught them, and she was very upset when the cop (no idea of his name) ended it and said they were not going to see each other anymore.

She was clearly in a relationship with this cop, even in the most recent episode Wes described the cop as Annalise's boyfriend to Rebecca.

I suspect that Annalise has probably cheated on Sam with other people in the past as well.

I think it undermines her upset over Sam's affair and it would have been better if the cop affair had not been written in to the first episode. Perhaps they could have been related or good friends who did not have cunninglingus in her office...
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It nothing to do with being graphic. It just about shoehorning them into every episode.

and imo apart from a couple of powerful scenes the acting isn't all that good.

Is the problem that the sex scenes is between two men or sex scenes in general?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I disagree, she called him her "boyfriend" to Wes after he caught them, and she was very upset when the cop (no idea of his name) ended it and said they were not going to see each other anymore.

She was clearly in a relationship with this cop, even in the most recent episode Wes described the cop as Annalise's boyfriend to Rebecca.

I suspect that Annalise has probably cheated on Sam with other people in the past as well.

I think it undermines her upset over Sam's affair and it would have been better if the cop affair had not been written in to the first episode. Perhaps they could have been related or good friends who did not have cunninglingus in her office...

Very difficult to know myself whether they were an exclusive couple or a fling? Purely as their affair came to an end and their scenes together are more for Annalise wanting information from him. You never know how real anything with Annalise is. She is a very ruthless and powerful person. One of the fascinating and compelling women on television right now.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is the problem that the sex scenes is between two men or sex scenes in general?
    I answered in my previous post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I answered in my previous post.

No you did not. You said about them shoehorning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you did not. You said about them shoehorning.

I think the "it isn't about them being graphic" comment sums it up. no need to be specific about gay/straight sex, the nature of the sex scene isn't a concern.

The sex isn't the problem, the fact the sex scene doesn't seem to be important to the story, is.

It almost seems like you are looking for an argument....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the "it isn't about them being graphic" comment sums it up. no need to be specific about gay/straight sex, the nature of the sex scene isn't a concern.

The sex isn't the problem, the fact the sex scene doesn't seem to be important to the story, is.

Aye, it seemed pretty straight forward to me.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    In all fairness, the sex really isn't that graphic or even that shoehorned in.

I don't feel it is anyways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I believe we were having a debate. How that translates as me being argumentative is absolutley ridiculous. I was just very eager to hear your views on this, but apparently being eager is being mistaken for wanting an argument.

I also explained why i personally feel the sex is essential to what is going on, and yet all you could say is "it's shoehorned, it's not important". To me that isn't an explanation or a personal reason. It's a statement. I wanted to know why you felt this so i can understand and respect your opinion. But apparently i want an argument. So you are incapable of taking part in what actually was an innocent polite debate. I think you were being difficult and in actual fact, you were the one wanting an argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe we were having a debate. How that translates as me being argumentative is absolutley ridiculous. I was just very eager to hear your views on this, but apparently being eager is being mistaken for wanting an argument.

I also explained why i personally feel the sex is essential to what is going on, and yet all you could say is "it's shoehorned, it's not important". To me that isn't an explanation or a personal reason. It's a statement. I wanted to know why you felt this so i can understand and respect your opinion. But apparently i want an argument. So you are incapable of taking part in what actually was an innocent polite debate. I think you were being difficult and in actual fact, you were the one wanting an argument.

I wasn't the OP. I was pointing out that the original posters post made sense.

I was discussing the matter of Annaleise being a hypocrite but i think that discussion had ended.

For what it is worth i don't really care about the sex scenes, i don't think they really add much to the story but it amuses me how the (oh i don't know the names) the one with long black hair, seems to have sex anywhere and everywhere!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now that was a great episode. So many twists and turns.

First it looked like Michaela did Sam in when he went over the banister and then we had Wes bash his brains in with the trophy. The last scene with Annalise being aware of Sam's death and covering herself with that phone call to Bonnie was smooth though.

They made Sam into a bit of a monster before killing him off though - that confrontation with Annalise and the fact that he nearly strangled Rebecca to death as well.

Liked the way all the flashforwards were pieced together during the episode as well.

Connor pretending to Oliver he's a drug addict, I didn't expect either along with Michaela signing the prenup.

Annalise hooking up again with Nate. I still think something's off with him.

Nice we got more insight into the hook up with Bonnie and Asher though in this episode. The Laurel/Frank stuff was decent enough too.

I really enjoyed that and it will be interesting to see if they actually can get away with murder and of course who actually killed Lila, 9/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a good episode but at the same time quite tiresome. I'm getting sick of it going round in circles.

One thing I didn't get was how the detective thought he could get Sam's phone records from his laptop.
    He'd have to know that Sam backs his phone up. I back up images and some other files but not phonecall data.
    He'd have to know what phone make/model he has.
    He'd have to know what software is used to backup the data.
    He'd have to know that Sam backed up the phone to that laptop.
    Plus the laptop would probably be password protected and likely to have some encryption software.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good episode with a nice twits at the end. I am also glad to see the end of the flash forwards!

Oh and also waiting for my apology from little_monster who is quick to jump and shout when they feel ignored or offended but very slow to admit an error as far as I can see...
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The big question is where is Michaela's engagement ring? Is it in with the rubbish bags? If in the house she can get away with it falling off whilst working there.

Oh and did Annalise set husband up to get rid of him? She admitted if he went down other things she had done for him over the years would come out and not doubt ruin her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get the impression that missing ring is going to cause a lot of trouble in the remaining six episodes. Pretty obvious too.

Annalise wanting Sam dead, I definitely believe given how cool she was during that scene with Wes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As well as the ring i wondered about the blood on the floor and the blood being washed down the drains and sinks. Now i don't know much about forensics but on CSI (ha ha I know...) they always use special tools that then show up all the blood. Also didn't Michaela end up with quite a lot of Sam's dna on her hands and coat when searching the bin bags?

Maybe Michaela will end up as the fall guy?

I don't know why they just didn't ring the police in the first place, they could have pretty easily explained what had happened and there would have been no real need to mention the laptop anyway. It wasn't like they don't usually go in to the house, no one "broke in" they all just walked in through the front door.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tremendous mid-season finale I thought. A lot packed in. Great pace, great drama, great twist at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How the last six episodes are going to be is anyone's guess.

Anyone got a theory on Lila's killer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    How the last six episodes are going to be is anyone's guess.

Anyone got a theory on Lila's killer?
    The cop said something a few episodes back
    Again with this week - who is the woman that needs bringing down?
    Surely it's too obvious to be Annaliese?
    Bonnie?

I hope it's not someone who hasn't been introduced yet. That's not the way to reveal a murderer.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As well as the ring i wondered about the blood on the floor and the blood being washed down the drains and sinks. Now i don't know much about forensics but on CSI (ha ha I know...) they always use special tools that then show up all the blood. Also didn't Michaela end up with quite a lot of Sam's dna on her hands and coat when searching the bin bags?

Maybe Michaela will end up as the fall guy?

I don't know why they just didn't ring the police in the first place, they could have pretty easily explained what had happened and there would have been no real need to mention the laptop anyway. It wasn't like they don't usually go in to the house, no one "broke in" they all just walked in through the front door.

Yeah exactly. They could have just told the police they saw him attacking her and she hit him in self defence. It's all very far fetched putting his body in a rug, dismembering him and disposing of his body.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe it's just easier to think what to do while you're sitting at home in front of your computer. There was obviously panic and confusion.
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah exactly. They could have just told the police they saw him attacking her and she hit him in self defence. It's all very far fetched putting his body in a rug, dismembering him and disposing of his body.

They could of done that and probably would of been ok but you could argue the stain of having the incident on there record could ruin any chance they have in the future of being Lawyers and would almost certainly hurt Rebeccas case in the Lila Murder trial, dosn't look good when you Murder someone else whilst on trial for Murder regardless of the circumstances.

Of course what they did will be far more damaging should the truth emerge but there plan is obviously that that never happens.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    They could of done that and probably would of been ok but you could argue the stain of having the incident on there record could ruin any chance they have in the future of being Lawyers and would almost certainly hurt Rebeccas case in the Lila Murder trial, dosn't look good when you Murder someone else whilst on trial for Murder regardless of the circumstances.

Of course what they did will be far more damaging should the truth emerge but there plan is obviously that that never happens.

Plus it's a drama series so it wouldn't have been as dramatic if they just said he attacked her.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, Annalise discovered the body, then Wes comes in and she realises he did it. Does she know about the other's involvement?? Then she goes to Nate and acts all worried about Sam, even ends up having sex with him. Then she makes the phone call begging Sam to come back - wow, she is one hard woman!!

But the missing ring will come back to haunt them, as will the sheer amount of DNA all over the place - blood beneath the floorboards and upstairs in the bathroom, and someone (Conor?) throwing up in the sink.

Pretty good twist at the end - I take it that Wes is the only one of them who knows that Annalise knows???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Annalise discovered the body, then Wes comes in and she realises he did it. Does she know about the other's involvement?? Then she goes to Nate and acts all worried about Sam, even ends up having sex with him. Then she makes the phone call begging Sam to come back - wow, she is one hard woman!!

But the missing ring will come back to haunt them, as will the sheer amount of DNA all over the place - blood beneath the floorboards and upstairs in the bathroom, and someone (Conor?) throwing up in the sink.

Pretty good twist at the end - I take it that Wes is the only one of them who knows that Annalise knows???

I think your timeline is a little wrong (although it may not be), i thought it went:

Sam and Annalise have big row in the house.
    Annalise storms out and goes over to Nates and ends up having sex.
    While Annalise is at Nates Michaela arrives at Annalises house to hand in the trophy.
    As Michaela is talking to Sam about the trophy Rebecca tries to sneak in and is caught by Sam who chases her upstairs
    Michaela calls Wes etc who come in the front door while Rebecca is downloading the laptop data and Sam is attacking the bathroom door.
    Rebecca comes out the bathroom and Sam attacks her which then causes Michaela to accidentally push Sam over the stairs.
    (All this time Annalise is bonking Nate and Bonnie is in the bar being chatted up)
    The gang in the house go downstairs to look at the "body" discuss the falling down the stairs.
    Sam gets up and attacks Rebecca.
    Wes bashes Sam on the head.
    Wes washes Rebecca in the shower.
    Wes takes Rebecca to the motel and the rest of the student group leave the house (was this when they took bonfire pictures?)
    Annaliese finishes her bonking session with Nate and decides to go home, when she arrives home she sees Sams body and sits at her desk.
    Wes arrives back at the house to pick up the murder weapon and Annalise sees Wes and tells him not to be sorry. (We don't know what else happened during their conversation at this point)
    Wes goes back to the student group and they discuss moving the body etc
    Annalise phones Bonnie
    Students go back and pick up the body (at this point Annalise is not seen in the house, so she could be hiding upstairs?)
    Rebecca is in the motel and places a miscall with the police.
    Student group burn and chop up the body.
    Michaela loses her ring
    Put the body in to the bin.
    Laurel goes to see the very handsome lawyer and give him the trophy (not a euphemism).
    Conor goes to see his exboyfriend and claims to be a drug addict.
    Wes goes to see Rebecca.
    Next day the all arrive back at the office and Annalise tells them about Sam being missing.