Options

The European and World Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell you, I may have dislocated my shoulder patting myself on the back.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Got my ticket for Ajax vs Cambuur, marking only the second time I've visited a place at the same time they've got a home game (Orlando Magic the other, fact fans).

The bloated tourist price includes an 'official Ajax souvenir' which I'm sure won't be a cheap piece of crap.

amazing stadium. i saw holland vs n.ireland there on my stag weekend. 6-0 thrashing but the atmosphere was most memorable part.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummm, what chance of Valencia finishing ahead of the current Spanish champions?

If that does happen, I could see vultures circling around the Calderón for players like Godin, Koke, and Turan.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You hummm it, I'll play it.
  • Options
    jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,716
    Forum Member
    Deleted - wrong thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everton :(
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everton :(

They look hopelessly outclassed :(
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    They look hopelessly outclassed :(

The Everton players look embarrassed and gutted. I feel bad for them, manager, club and the fans. It is the defence letting the team down. Everton have been humiliated tonight. I do not care what team you support, it is sad to see an English team get embarrassed and humiliated like this. I do not think it is anything to laugh about:(
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,034
    Forum Member
    Wolfsburg strong favourites for the Europa league?

Sevilla and Napoli 2nd favourites?
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Wolfsburg strong favourites for the Europa league?

Sevilla and Napoli 2nd favourites?

Don't count out Fiorentina yet. Good side, and a good cup side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Simeone is going nowhere anytime soon, seeing as he has just signed a new deal until 2020.
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real Madrid 4-0 up already before HT in the early kick off against Granada

Ronaldo with a 8 minute hat trick (His 28th for Real:o)
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    davethecue wrote: »
    Real Madrid 4-0 up already before HT in the early kick off against Granada

Ronaldo with a 8 minute hat trick (His 28th for Real:o)

6 now and Ronaldo has 4!

Make that 7!
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 with over half an hour to go. Could be double figures!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Real keep trying to get more here. This could easily have been double figures already
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real and Ronaldo missing lots of chances so one of the defenders took pity and put it in the net for them:D

8-1 atm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davethecue wrote: »
    Real and Ronaldo missing lots of chances so one of the defenders took pity and put it in the net for them:D

8-1 atm

5 for Ronaldo. 9-1 but easily could have possibly been 18-1
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronaldo could have had 10!
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Ronaldo could have had 10!

He really could of, one of the most one sided matches i have ever seen, a shame Ronaldo couldn't of scored 1 more goal today as it would of been his 300th goal for Real Madrid though to be fair it is only a matter of time until he gets his 300th Madrid goal. Ronaldo also only needs 25 goals to become Madrid's all time top scorer, expect him to get maybe another 10 goals this season, will surely break that record shortly too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the record is his for the taking, it is just down to him to decide when he wants to have it!

That match was totally one sided, Granada did well to get the one goal to be fair, somehow though Real still have an inferior goal difference to Barca, it shows quite how good Barca have been!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a bit of a shock, Dortmund have called a press conference for half twelve today to announce that Klopp is leaving them at the end of the season, and he is taking a year out apparently.

The links are that he is to be replaced by Thomas Tuchel, who he himself has been taking a year out (that seems all the rage after Pep started it!).

Seems a bit out of the blue, but I wonder where Klopp will end up next? City, Liverpool, or perhaps replacing Wenger at Arsenal??
    Or not in the Prem at all, perhaps following Sammers lead and going to Bayern?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a bit of a shock, Dortmund have called a press conference for half twelve today to announce that Klopp is leaving them at the end of the season, and he is taking a year out apparently.

The links are that he is to be replaced by Thomas Tuchel, who he himself has been taking a year out (that seems all the rage after Pep started it!).

Seems a bit out of the blue, but I wonder where Klopp will end up next? City, Liverpool, or perhaps replacing Wenger at Arsenal??
    Or not in the Prem at all, perhaps following Sammers lead and going to Bayern?

Not a massive shock. He's been linked with a move way every summer for the past few years, and Dort have had a poor season by their standards. It was going to happen at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they have had a poor season by their own high standards, but him leaving this summer, without a specific club to go to, is a bit of a shock, well to me it is anyway.

Him taking a year off, could well suit quite as few interested parties, as Arsenal might want a final goodbye season under Wenger, City (depending on if the are in the Champions League or not) seem intent on Pep, but could I suppose try for Klopp.
    PSG I think could be in the frame as well, Blanc was never their first choice, and they certainly have the clout to try and get him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they have had a poor season by their own high standards, but him leaving this summer, without a specific club to go to, is a bit of a shock, well to me it is anyway.

He might have a job lined up, we don't know yet.

If the rumour is true and he's taking a year out, there will indeed be plenty of offers next summer.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    If he is taking a year out then I have doubts about him going to City, unless Pellegrini gets another year. Arsenal seem more likely, and perhaps Liverpool if for some reason Brendan isn't with us next year. Or Man United after LvG, since he's a short-term solution anyway.