The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I know that everyone's heart is in the right place, but I think constructive criticism is best.

Not:

SHE NEEDS TO GET A NEW WEAVE. OMG WHAT WAS SHE WEARING.

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could get more involved with the tweam, my twitter's https://twitter.com/#!/itskylestyle
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I know I never thought I'd say this...but I hope Alex gets the x factor judge position. :(
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I know I never thought I'd say this...but I hope Alex gets the x factor judge position. :(

why? it;d only ruin her career?
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member

No thanks... it's the x factor position that damaged her career already.

She needs to shift everything X Factor related away from her as far as possible.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

[HIGHLIGHT]NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!![/HIGHLIGHT]

The X Factor has the power to either make people really loved (regardless of whether they deserve it) or really hated (again sometimes unjustifiably) and unfortunately for Alex it did the latter for her...

For her, going back on that show would be career suicide. If she's going to undertake any big project, it has to be breaking the US.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    [HIGHLIGHT]NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!![/HIGHLIGHT]

The X Factor has the power to either make people really loved (regardless of whether they deserve it) or really hated (again sometimes unjustifiably) and unfortunately for Alex it did the latter for her...

For her, going back on that show would be career suicide. If she's going to undertake any big project, it has to be breaking the US.

I see your point, but promo wise this would be the perfect position :(

And I'm not getting my hopes regarding the US until an official statement has been made. :(
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    I don't think the XF did any damage to her. If you're gauging this based on opinions of twitter/FB...she was getting the same amount of hate in 2010 when she appeared on Jonathan Ross/Alan Carr/Ant & Dec show etc....she has trended worldwide with nothing but hate comments every single time she has appeared on television and both times she performed on the XF. It wasn't anything new for her during her judging stint...

There wasn't any major public backlash reported in the papers....it was largely a non-event, really. Most of the press (aside from a few blogs) were neutral to her appearing on the show and people were more concerned about Kelly Rowland.

The main issues why this era is going in the wrong direction is: lack of investment, weak material, incompetent management/label and the fact that she's been away for too long and came back with lacklustre singles while many of her peers did not miss a beat and came out with songs that are on par or much better than we currently have....at a much faster rate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    I don't think the XF did any damage to her. If you're gauging this based on opinions of twitter/FB...she was getting the same amount of hate in 2010 when she appeared on Jonathan Ross/Alan Carr/Ant & Dec show etc....she has trended worldwide with nothing but hate comments every single time she has appeared on television and both times she performed on the XF. It wasn't anything new for her during her judging stint...

There wasn't any major public backlash reported in the papers....it was largely a non-event, really. Most of the press (aside from a few blogs) were neutral to her appearing on the show and people were more concerned about Kelly Rowland.

The main issues why this era is going in the wrong direction is: lack of investment, weak material, incompetent management/label and the fact that she's been away for too long and came back with lacklustre singles while many of her peers did not miss a beat and came out with songs that are on par or much better than we currently have....at a much faster rate.

I think the XF damaged her reputation even more though. Now people always use that as a reason to hate her.
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »

For once, I agree with the two points you've stated above. :sleep:
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to keep away from the XF!! Unless of course she's invited to perform. The XF is a complete joke now, and that's exactly why Kelly Rowland isn't returning. Kelly isn't stupid, she knws the show is just about lining the pockets of Cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X Factor is part of the reason why her reputation is in tatters now....she was hated before but she was never getting death threats and 'diva'/'up her own a***' comments 24/7....

Alexandra wanted to get back at Louis, but the ok.com moment ruined it for her...since her guest judge stint she has become a national hate figure...:-/

She needs to get away and properly establish herself in the industry rather than messing around with these shows...I just hope she has some international collaborations on HOH...
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Can you please think about what you write before you type it. You saw the production they pulled off for the Dance for Sports Relief, I'm sure it will be something similar if she does bag something as big as BGT.

This thread has really been annoying me over the last few days.

Would you guys give her a break?

She had an off day which she is entitled to. She's had a rough time, it's to be expected that she wouldn't be in top form.

Also, why do some people keep tweeting her brother David with criticisms?

He is not her manager, or working on her team and it serves no other purpose than to annoy him and cause unnecessary drama.

I wish some would put the same energy into requesting the song on radio and tv instead of going on about what they would do if they were Alex's manager.

I do think. I am agreeing with you. I'm saying they won't have that low key performance. They aren't stupid. I do ask radios and tweet them. People just want Alex to do well and David often mentions career things happening for her. I know she's not on top form, that's understandable. I'm not freaking out. And she's not had a bad performance. People need to chill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The X Factor is part of the reason why her reputation is in tatters now....she was hated before but she was never getting death threats and 'diva'/'up her own a***' comments 24/7....

Alexandra wanted to get back at Louis, but the ok.com moment ruined it for her...since her guest judge stint she has become a national hate figure...:-/

She needs to get away and properly establish herself in the industry rather than messing around with these shows...I just hope she has some international collaborations on HOH...

I think "national hate figure" is a bit extreme, but she did seem to get a fair bit of stick for her appearance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think "national hate figure" is a bit extreme, but she did seem to get a fair bit of stick for her appearance.

No actually it's not extreme tbh. The hate she gets is disgusting and besides Cher Lloyd, I don't see any other UK singer getting the level of hate that Alexandra does. You only have to look around on the internet to see scores of nasty jibes and personal comments about her including death threats etc....ironically the nicest place seems to be YouTube....
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say 'national hate figure' is a bit extreme too, yeah she is disliked by alot of people but she is by no means hated by the vast majority of people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we need to ignore the hate as much as we can.

Most of it comes from bitter teenage girls who have nothing better to do.

The proof is in the pudding and people are still buying her music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I would say 'national hate figure' is a bit extreme too, yeah she is disliked by alot of people but she is by no means hated by the vast majority of people.

Her last TV appearance on Celebrity Juice made her trend worldwide for hate on Twitter....
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her last TV appearance on Celebrity Juice made her trend worldwide for hate on Twitter....

Who else can make public so pressed and bothered with just one tv appearance ! Who else........only Queen Alex Burke :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    Who else can make public so pressed and bothered with just one tv appearance ! Who else........only Queen Alex Burke :cool:

I guess that's one way to spin it...she needs another positive moment though.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think "national hate figure" is too extreme. She appeared on Celebrity Juice and she hardly spoke at all apart from getting involved in the games, yet she was getting the complete s*** ripped out of her all over Twitter. If she was to be a judge on XF it would make things even worse and it would also detract from her music, which is what should be her priority at the end of the day. As bad as things are with RCA right now, I'm still glad she got away from Syco. If she had stayed with them then who knows when we would have heard album two. She needs to go to the U.S, that's number one on the list...but how she gets there I really don't know. I really don't think there's any plans for it anytime soon...I think she's just hoping :(. If there were any plans then there would be more of a buzz. I reckon that her U.S label want to see if she can do well over here first with this album before they launch her in the U.S, which is a fair enough thing for them to want to do. There's so many artists in the world that they could launch in the U.S and they're going to want a return on their investment of launching her. They're not going to launch her in the U.S if she's not doing well in her home country. So although she needs to go to the U.S, I don't think it will happen until things are sorted over here and she's doing well. How that will happen though, I don't know. I think the first step is getting radio back on side so that her music is actually getting played!!! Then we can go from there. It's very tricky at the moment for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think "national hate figure" is too extreme. She appeared on Celebrity Juice and she hardly spoke at all apart from getting involved in the games, yet she was getting the complete s*** ripped out of her all over Twitter. If she was to be a judge on XF it would make things even worse and it would also detract from her music, which is what should be her priority at the end of the day. As bad as things are with RCA right now, I'm still glad she got away from Syco. If she had stayed with them then who knows when we would have heard album two. She needs to go to the U.S, that's number one on the list...but how she gets there I really don't know. I really don't think there's any plans for it anytime soon...I think she's just hoping :(. If there were any plans then there would be more of a buzz. I reckon that her U.S label want to see if she can do well over here first with this album before they launch her in the U.S, which is a fair enough thing for them to want to do. There's so many artists in the world that they could launch in the U.S and they're going to want a return on their investment of launching her. They're not going to launch her in the U.S if she's not doing well in her home country. So although she needs to go to the U.S, I don't think it will happen until things are sorted over here and she's doing well. How that will happen though, I don't know. I think the first step is getting radio back on side so that her music is actually getting played!!! Then we can go from there. It's very tricky at the moment for her.

It could just be a storm that she has to ride out for this era....Capital didn't really support Broken Heels and they only really got on board with her for ANL and SWY and after that they just dropped her....Radio 1 have only shown interest in BB and Elephant....

She hasn't left Syco however, so she still has some ties to them...I do think a switch back to a more joint deal would be better for her, but I don't see it happening. Her best bet is to make sure that she has some international collaborations to take over to the US...featuring on someone else's track in the US i.e Flo or Pitbull shouldn't too hard for her to achieve (?) she knows them well and they seem to support her so she should be trying to make that work...she would do well to use a feature as a buzz single to get her name back out there like Sia, and then she could strike with her own material.

It is a hard situation, and a delicate one too...Personally I think it will all get better in time, but one wrong step by RCA and her career will be broken like glass.
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We shall all buy the album in bulk get it to number 1!
    Forum Member

Completely true :)
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    We shall all buy the album in bulk get it to number 1!

Certainly. It must be done :D
This discussion has been closed.