Options

League Two thread 14-15

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
Forum Member
✭✭
Discuss all League Two matters here. Who's going up and who's going down?

Comments

• Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Discuss all League Two matters here. Who's going up and who's going down?

Great, thanks.

After the 17 match unbeaten run at the end of last season, I had high hopes for my second team York City.

But 3 points from 3 suggests that it is could be a repeat of the first half of last year. I just hope it can be turned around more quickly this time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on who will be promoted and who will finish last?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not another draw.

That's four in a row for York.

Meanwhile, Morecambe make it four wins in a row, having finished 18th last year. Portsmouth and Cheltenham have also started well as has Burton who were in the play-offs. Poor starts for Oxford, Accrington and Newport.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another draw.

That's four in a row for York.

Meanwhile, Morecambe make it four wins in a row, having finished 18th last year. Portsmouth and Cheltenham have also started well as has Burton who were in the play-offs. Poor starts for Oxford, Accrington and Newport.

Five draws in row now for York as they draw 0-0 to Wycombe, I sure on Soccer Saturday they mention that York is current on 22 match unbeaten run (not including play offs that is) but how many of them have been a draw?

Morecambe 100% record in league come to end as they lost 2-1 to Tranmere mean Burton are now top of this division but only on goal different as Cheltenham got late winning against Hartlepool to move them up to 2nd in table. Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Bury and Portsmouth (who lost today) are other teams in top 7.

Oxford got they first point of season after they draw 3-3 to Dag & Red but stay in bottom 2 along with Accrington who lost 2-1 to Bury.

Carlisle seen to be having same season as last season as they are 22nd in table, no win this season and lost 5-0 to Cambridge this afternoon.
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon The Shakers!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Five draws in row now for York as they draw 0-0 to Wycombe, I sure on Soccer Saturday they mention that York is current on 22 match unbeaten run (not including play offs that is) but how many of them have been a draw?

Morecambe 100% record in league come to end as they lost 2-1 to Tranmere mean Burton are now top of this division but only on goal different as Cheltenham got late winning against Hartlepool to move them up to 2nd in table. Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Bury and Portsmouth (who lost today) are other teams in top 7.

Oxford got they first point of season after they draw 3-3 to Dag & Red but stay in bottom 2 along with Accrington who lost 2-1 to Bury.

Carlisle seen to be having same season as last season as they are 22nd in table, no win this season and lost 5-0 to Cambridge this afternoon.

Yes, since 1 February 2014 excluding play-offs. That was 11 wins and 6 draws in York's last 17 games of last season.

But the turnaround came at the start of 2014 - P23 W 14 D 7 L 2 - moving from 20th position to 7th in that time.

Further back, it was 7 draws out of 8 between 2 Nov and 26 Dec 2013 including the last 5 so it's deja vu. I'm now wondering what the all time record of draws in a row might be for any team. If it's a lot it's not one we want to beat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trmcg5 wrote: »
    C'mon The Shakers!! :D

They have started quite well!
  • Options
    BrewersBrewers Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Hoping and praying it's our year.

We look a lot stronger than we did last year but most teams say that don't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have started quite well!

Well considering the last two years for us have been dire its only time for us to have a good season finally!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see York 23 match unbeaten run have came to end as they lost 2-0 to Burton (who are top of this division) Morecambe and Bury are in top 3 after both of them won today, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Cambridge and Shrewsbury make up top 7.

Carlisle are bottom of table as they lost 3-0 to Bury, Exeter draw 1-1 to Oxford mean both of them have got same points as Carlisle but Carlisle goal diff is lot worse then Exeter and Oxford.

I see James Beattie leave Accrington yesterday but that didn't stop Accrington winning their second successive game as they beat Wimbledon 1-0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northampton 4-5 Accrington today, sounded like a brilliant game!

Keith Curle started his reign as Carlisle manager with a 4-2 defeat at Mansfield
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Northampton 4-5 Accrington today, sounded like a brilliant game!

Keith Curle started his reign as Carlisle manager with a 4-2 defeat at Mansfield

Mansfield won 3-2.

Good win that for Accrington and could been lot better if they didn't conceded two late goals in final 4 mins, I wonder how well John Coleman will do at Accrington now he back manager them for second time?

I see Bury won big game of day in this division as they beat Burton 3-1 and replace Burton at top of this division, Exeter got they first win of season as they beat Tranmere 2-1 and now out of bottom 2 mean Hartlepool are now in bottom 2 as they lost 2-0 to Plymouth.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad my home town (Plymouth Argyle) finally got back on the winning trail after losing 2 in a row.
    Beat Hartlepool 2-0.
    Come on you greens:D
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Glad my home town (Plymouth Argyle) finally got back on the winning trail after losing 2 in a row.
    Beat Hartlepool 2-0.
    Come on you greens:D

I'll echo that. Anyone at the Northampton-Accrington match, as we've got Accrington next, and they managed to put 5 past Northampton.

Did Northampton just have a bad day?;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mansfield won 3-2.

Good win that for Accrington and could been lot better if they didn't conceded two late goals in final 4 mins, I wonder how well John Coleman will do at Accrington now he back manager them for second time?

I see Bury won big game of day in this division as they beat Burton 3-1 and replace Burton at top of this division, Exeter got they first win of season as they beat Tranmere 2-1 and now out of bottom 2 mean Hartlepool are now in bottom 2 as they lost 2-0 to Plymouth.

Whoops, I heard 4-2 :blush:

Exeter beat Cambridge on Tuesday so today wasn't their first win of the season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Bury lost 2-1 to Exeter mean Burton replace Bury are top of table after they won 1-0, Wycombe having good season so far as they are now 2nd in table after they beat Cambridge 1-0.

At bottom of table, Carlisle won they first game since 5th April as they beat Tranmere 1-0 and Oxford are now in bottom 2 after they lost 2-0 to Luton.

Also see John Coleman is having good second spell at Accrington as Accrington made it two wins in two as they beat Plymouth 1-0.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also see John Coleman is having good second spell at Accrington as Accrington made it two wins in two as they beat Plymouth 1-0.

We (Plymouth Argyle) have had an up and down season so far. We win one, then lose two, then win one.
    Early days though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bury to the top again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trmcg5 wrote: »
    Bury to the top again!

Good win that for Bury special with Burton losing last night and Wycombe could only draw 1-1 to Northampton, I would like to see Bury get promotion to League One special if Rochdale stay in our (Oldham) division then we will have two local teams in same division which doesn't really happen that much.

I see Hartlepool manager Colin Cooper have resigned from club after they lost 3-0 to Carlisle and move to bottom of League Two.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Hartlepool manager Colin Cooper have resigned from club after they lost 3-0 to Carlisle and move to bottom of League Two.

Jeff Stelling basically called for him to go on Soccer Saturday at the end of the game today. He said exasperatedly 'Something has to change'. When Stelling speaks, Hartlepool listens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that long ago Tranmere were stay top of League One table and look like they might be heading to Championship now they stay bottom of Football league after they lost 1-0 to Plymouth and Hartlepool and Carlisle both won today.

I see Wycombe is new leader of League two after they won 3-1 at Morecambe and Bury lost 3-2 to Wimbledon.

Just notice how well Luton are doing as they are now 4th in table after they won 2-0 against Southend and only four points behide Wycombe, could Luton do back to back promotion this season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that long ago Tranmere were stay top of League One table and look like they might be heading to Championship now they stay bottom of Football league after they lost 1-0 to Plymouth and Hartlepool and Carlisle both won today.

I see Wycombe is new leader of League two after they won 3-1 at Morecambe and Bury lost 3-2 to Wimbledon.

Just notice how well Luton are doing as they are now 4th in table after they won 2-0 against Southend and only four points behide Wycombe, could Luton do back to back promotion this season?

How badly Tranmere are doing makes me so glad County stayed up. This could easily have been us

I would love to go back to Luton for an away day
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    Go Carlisle!! Since they changed their manager they have won 3 on the trot in the league, been a long time coming, but next match will be a tad tougher for them - - - but, you never know! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is with Bury they get to the top of the table then lose the next match and drop to third. Hopefully consistency will come.

Also well done to Carlisle, three on the bounce now!
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Beasant , AGED 55, was on the bench for Stevenage yesterday !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29486596
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good wins for Wycombe and Bury today which means they're the top 2.

Also at the bottom of the table clash Oxford overcame Tranmere and sees them go 20th. Quite surprised at York still lurking in the bottom places I expected them to be challenging at the top!