Options

The half and half scarf wearers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Didn't I see half /half shirt at old Trafford v Chelsea,this year, I was sure it was photo
    Shopped but apparently not so.
    This is a joke surely.?
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Contains the letters U and T and a N

And why can't Knut wear a half-and-half scarf?
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Don't mind them for a final[i bought one for a Rugby League Grand Final one year] Cup games between sides from different divisions, or European games, but i hate them for normal league games.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    If I was lucky enough to go to El Clasico or a Champions League match involving two non-British teams, I might buy one as a souvenir but never for a domestic league match.
  • Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have bought one.

It was the Palace vs Watford play off final 2 years ago, I had left it too late to get something online for the day, and wanted a piece of memorabilia from the day, and a stall was selling them outside, so I got one. However as it was my first trip to Wembley didn't realise they sold stuff inside in the ground, which was nicer too.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever brought one of these and if so can you provide an argument for them?

I bought one as a memento for my son during the Olympics ( Brazil V South Korea).

Club ones, what's the point. I am a Swindon fan. We played Leicester in the cup a few years ago. They were optimistically trying to sell them outside the ground. I'm sure there was a mutual "who the **** wants one of them" from both sets of fans.
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Didn't I see half /half shirt at old Trafford v Chelsea,this year,

Not quite the same, but we have a half Swindon, half Hartlepool shirt wearer - been going to games with it for years, every season with the new shirts stitched together.

Spoke to him once after out playoff loss to Brighton a (fair) few years ago, the day before Hartlepool had lost to Brizzle C*ty. Expected some kind of family connection/back story. IIRC he just picked Hartlepool one day when he was young.

Yeah I know, cool story bro...
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one I have is from the Argentina v Portugal game earlier this season.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done one for today's Liverpool v Palace game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFIiOBKWgAA3mrF.jpg:large

And, no, I'm not getting one! Abomination!
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They produce one of these for every game at the Emirates; I have no idea why, save for the tourists, I guess.

I confess, I do own a baseball cap from the 06 CL final with ours and Barca's emblem on either side but I can't imagine getting one for any lesser club game, ever.