Options

Does anyone else really dislike Cheryl Cole?

Comments

• Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for playing the jealousy card. Please, couldn't you come up with something more original? Its the same old comment trotted out by mysognistic blokes when a woman they fancy is criticsed by another female:rolleyes:

And that's the same old retort used by jealous females in denial :p
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »
    This is a really venomous hate thread. :eek: :mad: :eek: :sleep:

Cheryl is absolutely gorgeous, I would go as far as saying near-perfection. Looks aside, the incident in her past is not our business and the media could have twisted that any way they wanted.

The fact is, she was cleared of the racial language but found guilty of hitting the other person. I don't condone violence but she says she acted in self-defence, and to be quite honest with you I don't really think she walked into a toilet, screamed, "hey, jigaboo[highlight]*[/highlight]!" and smacked an innocent person in the face.

So what if she has a checkered past - do second chances not exist anymore? :)

The fact so many of you so vehemently hate her smacks of very strong jealousy - well she is beautiful :) But maybe i'm wrong and you're right - she's an ugly woman, perhaps her winning "Sexiest Woman In the World" in the 2009 poll was a joke and Vogues circulation being boosted to its best ever February figure when she was on the cover was a fluke eh? :rolleyes:

[highlight]*[/highlight] language used in context here.

I think there's a clue in the thread title, and that's 'dislike'.

If you like her so much and can't stand to see her slagged off, why post here if it's getting up your nose?

Pop along and start your own 'appreciation' thread, there's a good chap. ;):D
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not annoying me in the slightest really. Just levelling out the jealous hatred :)
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    She's really pretty there too :)

No, she's not naturally beautiful. She used to look like some washed up romany gypsy with bad teeth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes..
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    Does anybody know how she managed to escape being convicted of using racist language? Were there witnesses who disproved this?

It was for the prosecution to prove it, not for the defence to disprove it.

As I recall it, none of the nightclub staff had initially mentioned her using racist language and it was only later that they reported it. There was some suspicion that it was a later invention by club management to help sell the story.

For what it's worth, I think the assault had nothing to do with race. I believe Cheryl had just had too much to drink and felt that her newly-minted celebrity status was not being sufficiently respected.

It's actually an odd state of affairs that using racist language is considered worse than actually assaulting somebody. I'm no defender of racism, but I would have said it should be the other way round.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pobop wrote: »
    No, she's not naturally beautiful. She used to look like some washed up romany gypsy with bad teeth.

I didnt like her to begin with thought she was a stuck up biatch (thats how she came across to me) but then when she went on X Factor and i saw her as a person i grew to like her, but i was just going to say look at her before she was famous. Now she's the 'style icon' yeah she has a stylist dressing her.

Girl next door but with money now for fake hair, eyelashes, tan, nails, etc could go on all day oh and yeah seems to have some sort of eating disorder.

Message to James J. I'm not jealous just truthful, already stated i like her.

Hate the fact if a girl on this forum doesnt like another then they are tagged as jealous! Pathetic really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WGERS1873 wrote: »
    but then when she went on X Factor and i saw her as a person i grew to like her,

You think you're seeing her for who she really is, (on possibly the most manipulated tv show that exists)?!

I can't stand to watch the XF because of the crude irony that is two untalented women judging peoples talents. But when I have seen clips, namely that one where she 'consoled' some girl the other week there are very subtle tinges in her persona at least I can see some thinly veiled facade; some weird scrunched up smiling that looks very obviously mocking and spiteful.

I don't like Viccy B either but I don't get nasty vibes off her, CC totally pings my bitch-o-meter though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pobop wrote: »
    You think you're seeing her for who she really is, (on possibly the most manipulated tv show that exists)?!

I can't stand to watch the XF because of the crude irony that is two untalented women judging peoples talents. But when I have seen clips, namely that one where she 'consoled' some girl the other week there are very subtle tinges in her persona at least I can see some thinly veiled facade; some weird scrunched up smiling that looks very obviously mocking and spiteful.

I don't like Viccy B either but I don't get nasty vibes off her, CC totally pings my bitch-o-meter though.

Dont watch it anymore but when i first saw her on it i thought she wasnt all that bad. Your right it could all be an act, i agree she is untalented, heard her new single!

You dont get vibes of VB because she is the most wooden person alive!

Some people automatically think your jealous of women if you slag them off, (on this forum) thats the only reason i posted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annoying cow with a fake smile...
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    It was for the prosecution to prove it, not for the defence to disprove it.

As I recall it, none of the nightclub staff had initially mentioned her using racist language and it was only later that they reported it. There was some suspicion that it was a later invention by club management to help sell the story.

For what it's worth, I think the assault had nothing to do with race. I believe Cheryl had just had too much to drink and felt that her newly-minted celebrity status was not being sufficiently respected.

It's actually an odd state of affairs that using racist language is considered worse than actually assaulting somebody. I'm no defender of racism, but I would have said it should be the other way round.

considering who Cheryl married,that girl who tried to play the race card in the argument should have been charged with trying to pervert the cause of justice
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Cheryl would scratch your eyes out as soon as look at you if you dared disagree with her.
  • Options
    yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl would scratch your eyes out as soon as look at you if you dared disagree with her.

you know her well then??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    not that keen on her but she is very pretty but that's all she comes across as fake and i think she is overrated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a really venomous hate thread. :eek: :mad: :eek: :sleep:

Cheryl is absolutely gorgeous, I would go as far as saying near-perfection. Looks aside, the incident in her past is not our business and the media could have twisted that any way they wanted.The fact is, she was cleared of the racial language but found guilty of hitting the other person. I don't condone violence but she says she acted in self-defence, and to be quite honest with you I don't really think she walked into a toilet, screamed, "hey, jigaboo[highlight]*[/highlight]!" and smacked an innocent person in the face.

So what if she has a checkered past - do second chances not exist anymore? :)

The fact so many of you so vehemently hate her smacks of very strong jealousy - well she is beautiful :) But maybe i'm wrong and you're right - she's an ugly woman, perhaps her winning "Sexiest Woman In the World" in the 2009 poll was a joke and Vogues circulation being boosted to its best ever February figure when she was on the cover was a fluke eh? :rolleyes:

[highlight]*[/highlight] language used in context here.

sorry but the courts didn't think so. And I imagine with her media behind her she had a pretty fair trail!!

I have never dated anyone with a conviction for violence and to be quite honest I would find it more than a minor concern if I found out something like that about someone on a first date.

Lots of folks here have acknowledged that she IS a very pretty lady... but we feel that is all she has to offer.

I am not half as pretty, but I am twice as smart and have a great career and a normal life with every blessing....

.... so no I am not jealous but just don't ask me to worship her or excuse her faults just because she is pretty.
  • Options
    SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd love to see her try that with me. I'd drag her all-over by her hair..she woiuldn't know what hit her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some of the points on here are a little childish. So what if she had her teeth fixed people have braces etc all the time. Most of the woman i know wear make up, false nails etc. If a woman wants to look nice, i have no problem with that.
    Plus all this with the toilet attendent was years ago. She was convicted and punished. Since the incident she has done well for herself. Why keep raking up thepast.
  • Options
    jazzyjackjazzyjack Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am largely indifferent to Cheryl Cole - I respect her enormously for succeeding the way she has and she IS very beautiful (even if it is with help), but I can't buy into the nation's sweetheart thing because she has never seemed that nice.

I think the media have created Saint Cheryl purely because they hate her husband (as do most of the public after the 55k a week is a pittance business). They seem to have it in for him and what better way to make him look a 1st class s**t at every opportunity than to create a princess the public adore. No doubt Syco leapt on the bandwagon too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    incredible the bull people will ingest from the Cowell treacle machine..she is thick and inarticulate, talentless, a convicted thugette and not particularly good looking..:rolleyes:

but hey, each to their own I guess....
  • Options
    ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not annoying me in the slightest really. Just levelling out the jealous hatred :)

I don't know how old you are but im assuming your quite young? The way you go around accuse female poster of being 'jealous' because they dislike your precious Cheryl sounds like the sort of thing that would come from a teenage boy.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    considering who Cheryl married,that girl who tried to play the race card in the argument should have been charged with trying to pervert the cause of justice

Although I don't think Cheryl is a racist, her marriage to Ashley Cole isn't really proof of anything - it could be deliberate camouflage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tokenator wrote: »
    I think some of the points on here are a little childish. So what if she had her teeth fixed people have braces etc all the time. Most of the woman i know wear make up, false nails etc. If a woman wants to look nice, i have no problem with that.
    Plus all this with the toilet attendent was years ago. She was convicted and punished. Since the incident she has done well for herself. Why keep raking up thepast.

Because she has never apologised for the assault conviction she has?

Scenario: You're at work and in the midst of whatever you do; you get insulted and hit badly by somebody with an obvious attitude problem. They will not apologise to you, you press charges, they go through a court case pleading innocent and ignoring any sympathy,

How would you feel as the victim, even today to see what this person's become in the publics eyes.

And Davethescot yeah without getting to conspiracynutterish there have been mumblings on this on the PR waves for so long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she really must sit there every sat night going -oh my god how on earth did i get here without any talent...how jammy am i ...she should be thanking louie walshbig time instead of looking down her re constructed nose at him

i think she is over rated but i like her clothes- her new single isnt up to much either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acutally i do recall a girls aloud documentary and she was a real diva in it - whinging and complaining about everything - walking places and fighing with nadine over clothes - maybe its just the accent but i remember thinking god isnt she very agressive at the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keep the dislike awareness going.