Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the above. The AJ and Aries match was quality. On of the best on Impact this year. Right winner as it gets Aries right in the hunt whilst AJ is also amongst the pack. The BFG series is shaping up to be a good tournament.

Nice to see Bobby Roode pick up a victory. It looks as though he was on one of those famed losing streak storylines which really does no favours for the wrestler, it just reduces their star power which is exactly what has happened with Roode. He is nowhere near the star quality he had when he was champion and needs a resurgent run in the BFG series to get it back.

Speaking of Roode, where exactly is James Storm? He hasn't been on Impact for a few weeks now along with Gunner. As the Tag Team Champs surely they should be appearing more frequently to keep the belts in the picture and Storm is one of TNA's top guys anyway so would be nice to see him on the show.

In regards to the Steel Cage Match at Hardcore Justice. With Brooke appearing now to be threatening Bully with stipulations in regards to his match, this could be the event where she turns heel. As it appears Brooke is starting to stand up to Bully this could lead to a swerve wherein Brooke turns and Bully regains the title.

Overall Impact Wrestling is still a good show.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooh didnt think about a brooke heel turn, that would work as bad girls are great in wrestling

as for roode,i disagree, the losing streak is good because all top stars face some sort of bad patch usually, now he will go on a tear and still be seen as a top star imo
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    oooh didnt think about a brooke heel turn, that would work as bad girls are great in wrestling

When they can act. Brooke is awful. I don't mind the turn but imho it would have made way more sense at Lockdown when they did the big reveal. Now...I don't know.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any chance we will ever get Impact in HD here in the UK?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance we will ever get Impact in HD here in the UK?

I don't think challenge will go HD purely for TNA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im trying desperately to think of a less charismatic champion than Sabin in all the years of wrestling....im struggling.

God I hope they realise he can't work the mic and let him lose the title, he's devoid of any personality and in TNA that is REALLY saying something.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Jesse Sorenson has been given the all clear to fully resume his wrestling career .. talk about timing huh? :rolleyes:
    Just received amazing news from the MRI my neck is 100% & is not at risk of being re injured! Time to make this dream really come true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Im trying desperately to think of a less charismatic champion than Sabin in all the years of wrestling....im struggling.

God I hope they realise he can't work the mic and let him lose the title, he's devoid of any personality and in TNA that is REALLY saying something.

If only they didn't let Shelley go. He has twenty times the charisma and talent Sabin has
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling
    19 hours ago via Mobile
    After meeting with Hulk Hogan, due to circumstances beyond our control - Aces and 8s vs. Main Event Mafia 5 on 5 match is delayed until 8/22 Impact

From dixie carter facebook.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following matches are advertised for Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show, which will be held in Norfolk, Virginia.

-Chris Sabin vs. Bully Ray in a cage match for the TNA Title.

-Jeff Hardy vs. A.J. Styles vs. Austin Aries vs. Kazarian in a four-way ladder match for 20 Bound For Glory Series points.

-Magnus vs. Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Roode vs. Ken Anderson in a four-way tables match for 20 Bound For Glory Series points.

-Mickie James and Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky and ODB in a tornado tag match.

Some good match to look forward to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking about what Roode did to Magnus on Impact and costing him 10 points in the BFG series.

What's to stop others doing that? Surely the BFG competitors could just keep knocking points off each other getting them disqualified and all dropping points.

Not that it would happen, just from a logical point of view it's a way of beating your opponents in the tournament.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    applying too much logic to pro wrestling is never a good thing, what roode did was clever and funny, but leave it at that,dont look into it too much

because then we have to wonder why wrestlers music plays when interupt promos or beatdowns etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking about what Roode did to Magnus on Impact and costing him 10 points in the BFG series.

What's to stop others doing that? Surely the BFG competitors could just keep knocking points off each other getting them disqualified and all dropping points.

Not that it would happen, just from a logical point of view it's a way of beating your opponents in the tournament.

If you watch the one night only PPV James Storm and Gunner were name as tag team champions.But the one night only PPV have been pre film in jan/march 2013 but James Storm and Gunner won the titles on June 2, 2013 @Slammiversary.My point is there already plan who going to win but we dont no.
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    If you watch the one night only PPV James Storm and Gunner were name as tag team champions.But the one night only PPV have been pre film in jan/march 2013 but James Storm and Gunner won the titles on June 2, 2013 @Slammiversary.My point is there already plan who going to win but we dont no.

Commentary for those shows wasn't done in January for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    applying too much logic to pro wrestling is never a good thing, what roode did was clever and funny, but leave it at that,dont look into it too much

because then we have to wonder why wrestlers music plays when interupt promos or beatdowns etc

Oh I know logic and wrestling don't mix. Watched enough of it to know that.

I just wonder, that if logic was applicable that's what they'd be doing.

Glad to see Kaz and Daniels got counted out together also though. Bad Influence are so entertaining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Influence are awesome, put the tag titles on them asap!

also bring back shelley and reform MCMG because sabin is gonna bomb if they try to keep him in top level scene, which i dont think they will however, hell be back in x division soon

great lil run for him though.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's to stop others doing that?

Well, we did see the segment in which Magnus forgave Brian Hebner and it appeared that Hebner realised that his decision had been a mistake since Magnus wasn't at fault at all, so I suppose you could say that other wrestlers couldn't now keep doing the same thing because the refs won't let it happen again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Well, we did see the segment in which Magnus forgave Brian Hebner and it appeared that Hebner realised that his decision had been a mistake since Magnus wasn't at fault at all, so I suppose you could say that other wrestlers couldn't now keep doing the same thing because the refs won't let it happen again.

That's a fair point.

The BFG series has really been a success for TNA. It really makes a lot of the matches on Impact mean something and it keeps the focus on Bound for Glory as they build up to the PPV.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHH while promoting SummerSlam this week:
    "Hulk Hogan will forever be the face of a generation of WWE Superstars. I don't know that there's a more recognizable guy. There's The Rock, there's Hogan, there's Cena, and there's (sic) these recognizable characters that become household names. And Hulk Hogan is one of the biggest of all-time, a true legend in our business. No matter what, he will always have that place in the WWE Universe. Always."

Hmm.

No way Trips would have put over Hogan that much if something wasn't up. Then TNA fire Brooke as a cost cutting measure.

I guess TNA don't think Hogan will sign again when his contract runs out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardcore Justice was a really weak PPV.

The ladder match had a few good moments, but not many.

The tables match was awful.

The steel cage match is one of the worst I have ever seen.

TNA really dialed it in with this one, im sick to death of Aces and Eights, im bored with the Main Event Mafia and im baffled with the introduction of the MMA characters, none of which can wrestle and none of which can work a mic.

They have also screwed with the BFG system which has made it pretty rediculous, this was one of the few things they had going for them, this and the abandonment of the X division is annoying.

TNA is on a major slide, I wonder if they will survive this time?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So just because you didn't like it, TNA is on a "major slide" and is in imminent danger of closure ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardcore Justice was a really weak PPV.

The ladder match had a few good moments, but not many.

The tables match was awful.

The steel cage match is one of the worst I have ever seen.

TNA really dialed it in with this one, im sick to death of Aces and Eights, im bored with the Main Event Mafia and im baffled with the introduction of the MMA characters, none of which can wrestle and none of which can work a mic.

They have also screwed with the BFG system which has made it pretty rediculous, this was one of the few things they had going for them, this and the abandonment of the X division is annoying.

It was not a PPV.it was on free tv in the UK & the USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Thursday, September 12, TNA presents a special "NO SURRENDER" edition of IMPACT airing LIVE and FREE on SpikeTV

Look good for a PPV style show live in glasgow.Next year that will also be live on challenges TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just because you didn't like it, TNA is on a "major slide" and is in imminent danger of closure ?

No, its well known they are in financial difficulties right now and have been on numerous occaisons in the past.

When the entertainment is suffering as well its hard to see a bright light in their future.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what Velvets 'extreme emergency scare' was, to not be at HJ.

Strange BH got the boot, as shes supposed to be at Impact this week with Bully, unless its a taped one, and it was pretty obvious he was going to win the match, as they said if he didn't, he would never get another shot, so that nailed it on for him right there :p