Options

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poch has pretty much confirmed he'll rotate the squad for the first leg on wednesday, which i don't have a huge problem with i suppose, but i'll be interesting to see who plays.

I suspect it could be something like ..

...................Vorm

Naughton... Dier...Kaboul...Davies

.............Capoue .. Dembele

Townsend..Onomah.......Lennon

.......................Soldado

Although I suppose if the players currently out are going to be available then you could well find them getting games - Dier and Fazio in the centre of defence would be a very intruiging partnership.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if Poch might give Rose another run out on the Left Wing (and avoid having to play Lennon). I think Paulinho is more likely to start with Onomah coming on in the second half. Depending on his fitness levels, perhaps Yedlin might also get his first run out for us after the half-time break.

I think we have to be careful though as Sheffied have looked quite handy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, yes, i'd forgotten about Paulinho. As have most people I imagine .. heh :D

Also, I suspect he might also start Ade instead of Soldado as well.

And I agree about Sheffield as well. They're the kind of team that would happily get physical if they realised it would push us off our game plan, because it likely would.

Certainly a banana skin game if there ever was one.
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The players must be knackered but as a supporter loving all these games, seems like as soon as ones over there is another just round the corner to look forward to. Long may it continue! Hopefully win a cup this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The players must be knackered but as a supporter loving all these games, seems like as soon as ones over there is another just round the corner to look forward to. Long may it continue! Hopefully win a cup this year.
    Na, they are all superfit because of Poch's training regime!

I actually think our performances improve as a team having a conveyer belt of games. We always seem to go backwards when there is a big gap between matches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Certainly a banana skin game if there ever was one.
    A least we would have the second leg to make amends.
  • Options
    Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poch has pretty much confirmed he'll rotate the squad for the first leg on wednesday, which i don't have a huge problem with i suppose, but i'll be interesting to see who plays.

I suspect it could be something like ..

...................Vorm

Naughton... Dier...Kaboul...Davies

.............Capoue .. Dembele

Townsend..Onomah.......Lennon

.......................Soldado

Although I suppose if the players currently out are going to be available then you could well find them getting games - Dier and Fazio in the centre of defence would be a very intruiging partnership.

If that's the team we put out I suspect we'll need to get something up at their place. I'd rather hit them hard and get a good few up before we head up there.

That team will give me nightmares & this is our chance of a final. Rotating will not go down well if we balls up against a team so far below us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Kane wrote: »
    If that's the team we put out I suspect we'll need to get something up at their place. I'd rather hit them hard and get a good few up before we head up there.

That team will give me nightmares & this is our chance of a final. Rotating will not go down well if we balls up against a team so far below us.

I think he'll certainly rotate because we pretty much have to. We can't afford to play Eriksen, Kane e.t.c.. in every single game, so i think there will be some changes but it's likely he'll probably not change things as drastically as I seem to think :)

I'd hate to have to go to Bramall Lane chasing a goal because you know they'll not only park the bus, but take the wheels off and weld it to the floor as well ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot Gallagher says the decision to disallow Jan Vertonghen's goal is indefensible

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9652243

Still no official comment from anyone about it. Looking for a brush big enough to brush it under the carpet maybe ?
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9652243

Still no official comment from anyone about it. Looking for a brush big enough to brush it under the carpet maybe ?

They were still talking about this on Talk Sport last night. Someone made the point that it would be shocking if we lose out on a Champions League place by that one goal :eek: :mad:

I'm curious - can we appeal and the decision be reversed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being reported we have agreed a £5 million fee with Swansea for Naughton and he is currently discussing personal terms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were still talking about this on Talk Sport last night. Someone made the point that it would be shocking if we lose out on a Champions League place by that one goal :eek: :mad:

I'm curious - can we appeal and the decision be reversed?

I'd personally be quite happy to stick in an appeal but then there is a sort of precedent for not reversing "wrong" decisions because of that goal scored in a game in Germany that went in through the side netting.
    Being reported we have agreed a £5 million fee with Swansea for Naughton and he is currently discussing personal terms.

if that turns out to be true then I certainly wish him well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be enquiries from a few clubs for Lennon but nothing firmed up. I'm guessing our valuation is going to be a bit higher than what we want for Naughton. Appears we have approached Everton for Kevin Mirallas with Lennon offered as part of the deal.

...And Moyes is apparently interested in taking Soldado on loan at Real Sociedad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirallas story seems to have come out of nowhere - it sounds to me like shenanigans from his agent after last night's game.

Apparently, Bayer Leverkusen have specifically said they don't want to be linked with Soldado. Ouch :)
    But Schade has moved quickly to quell the specualtion, which surfaced on Tuesday, telling Sky Deutschland’s Laura Lutz that they are intent on keeping hold of Drmic in the January window while rubbishing talk of a move for Soldado.

“We talked to the managing director of Bayer Leverkusen and he says he doesn’t want his club to be linked with this player," Lutz told Sky Sports News HQ.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-dont-link-our-club-with-roberto-soldado-bayer-leverkusen-chief-tells-reporter-9990548.html

The Beeb have picked up the story about Naughton so I imagine there's some truth in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30899776

Obviously it won't be real until Pee pops in to tell us how much he dislikes Naughton of course :D

Club also now confirming a rumour I saw doing the rounds last night that Chadli has flown home to Belgium following the death of his father. Sad news.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like the cut of Naughton's jib, he's just not very good. if nothing we've seen on the pitch convinces, then the fact it's all relegation-threatened clubs after him kinda speaks volumes, I would say. fair play to him though, and also good luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naughton has always been a bit more consistent than Walker but doesn't offer as much going forward. Still, I think he will do well at Swansea. Lets hope Yedlin can adapt to the Premiership and prove he is a decent RB option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Physioroom has all the injured/sick players currently due back for Saturday. Mason and Kaboul could be available for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Physioroom has all the injured/sick players currently due back for Saturday. Mason and Kaboul could be available for tomorrow.

According to Twitter, Mason and Kaboul are indeed available for tomorrow which is good.

Could potentially mean we'll have a full strength side available for the return leg should we need it.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to tonight's game,I thoroughly enjoyed last night's semi, a quick, high tempo,skillful match that showcased high level English football at its best.

I don't give a fig if we don't see that tonight, I just want us to give Sheffield Utd a good old fashioned spanking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I'd hate to have to go in to the second leg on a draw or even chasing a goal.

If we can turn it on a bit and batter them, i'd at least be only slightly happy that we might make the final.

Paddy Power are offering 8/1 on 3-0 which i'd certainly take as a first leg score if that's what happened. Knowing our luck, I might only be able to relax if we stick five or six past them though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we can play at a tempo then Sheffied U will surely be out classed. If we don't then we will give them a chance to use their physicality.which has taken them pass other Premiership teams in this competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have apparently offered Tom Carroll to Swansea for £5m as well now that he appears to have established himself there on loan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adebayor captain & kick off delayed as the Sheffield United squad have not yet arrived due to traffic.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    KO delayed to 8pm according to Spurs Official tweet because of traffic in the area.

Edit : beat me to it knickers :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ade is looking to get a move, we might actually get a performance out of him :)
This discussion has been closed.