Options

Charlie only washes his hands

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    AaronG wrote: »
    It's a penis. When you urinate you touch your penis. .

With a name like Amica that's doubtful.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E L Wisty wrote: »
    With a name like Amica that's doubtful.

The subject is about a male housemate not washing his hands when he touches his penis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The subject is about a male housemate not washing his hands when he touches his penis.

I beg to differ, it's about charlie washing his hands after using the loo.
    And even if you can't die from touching a penis, although you can catch things like herpes from a diseased one, surely consideration for others and normal decency ought to be exercised in the house. Would you really enjoy a sandwich that's been prepared by someone who has previously had their hands round their sweaty genitals?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    It's a penis. When you urinate you touch your penis. You cannot die from eating penis.

absolutely right. some education for the ladies here: touching the penis is not necessarily unhygenic and most men can pass water without their hands coming into contact with urine (unlike, i suspect most women, given their need to wipe), which is why we do not necessarily need to wash our hands afterwards. get it?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thesufi wrote: »
    absolutely right. some education for the ladies here: touching the penis is not necessarily unhygenic and most men can pass water without their hands coming into contact with urine (unlike, i suspect most women, given their need to wipe), which is why we do not necessarily need to wash our hands afterwards. get it?

Also the penis is probably the cleanest part of your body. Wash it every morning then it's protected beneath a clean underpants for the rest of the day.

Some people take hygiene too far.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Although of the male sex, I prefer to be very ladylike and wash my hands every time I use the loo. It only takes about 30 seconds to do.
    By the way, fresh urine is sterile so even if you touch it, it won't cause infection, but that's hardly the point. Doesn't good manners come into it at all?
  • Options
    AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a penis. When you urinate you touch your penis. You cannot die from eating penis.

Did I say that you could? Did I mention anything about a penis at all?

Why are you quoting my post to make your point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also the penis is probably the cleanest part of your body. Wash it every morning then it's protected beneath a clean underpants for the rest of the day.

While others don't take it far enough.
  • Options
    VampiraVampira Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excuses excuses. You're lazy. I hope you're not a chef.
  • Options
    max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paloni wrote: »
    lmao @ fiddlings

No, he sniffs his fingers and if the odour is sthat trong enough the occasional lick. :p
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen many of the HMs wash their hands when they come out of the loo. I would have thought it basic hygiene, and it's not as if the basin isn't close.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Vampira wrote: »
    Excuses excuses. You're lazy. I hope you're not a chef.

don't get me going on chefs ...
    if you want something to worry about, think of sweaty minimum-wage kitchen staff arranging food on your plate with their bare hands every time you visit a restaurant.

and it seems the more expensive the eaterie, the more likely it is to happen.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I beg to differ, it's about charlie washing his hands after using the loo.
    And even if you can't die from touching a penis, although you can catch things like herpes from a diseased one, surely consideration for others and normal decency ought to be exercised in the house. Would you really enjoy a sandwich that's been prepared by someone who has previously had their hands round their sweaty genitals?[/QUOTE]

That would be a definite no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was eating ice cream out of the communal tub with a spoon over and over again whilst giving the spoon a good old lick, then put the ice cream back in the freezer.

For his fellow housemates to enjoy. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    don't get me going on chefs ...
    if you want something to worry about, think of sweaty minimum-wage kitchen staff arranging food on your plate with their bare hands every time you visit a restaurant.

and it seems the more expensive the eaterie, the more likely it is to happen.

It really isn't funny, is it? I had an elderly, but very fit friend, who almost died after eating contaminated food in a London cafe-restaurant prior to attending a concert. He never really got over the experience and is now a pale shadow of his former, robust self.
    Food hygiene really does matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually not.
    You forgot to allow for males' overwhelming need to shove their hands down their pants every five minutes to rearrange or reassure themselves it's still there.

Everything that hand has touched and any germs picked up will be transferred. Arse hairs. sweat, nose pickings, pet hairs and whatever pets have been playing with.

Not washing hands before touching food is gross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really particular about hygiene (personal and general,) and there have been several incidents in the house that have made me heave - David rinsing his toothbrush in the water in the sink being one of them. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, fresh urine is sterile so even if you touch it, it won't cause infection, but that's hardly the point. Doesn't good manners come into it at all?

It's not even that sterile. It may be fine in the bladder, but it has to pass through a potentially diseased urethra and be emitted from a potentially diseased penis.

Add to the fact that you can't very well navigate the room or operate the facilities without touching something that some other person has touched, and it just makes sense to always wash your hands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the ad. for the Swine Flu Prevntion Pack at the bottom of the page?

How apt. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed when he's cooking he never washes his hands, he even stands their with his hands down his pants, marcus washes his hands every time he cooks, and between cooking with the antibacterial wash, whod have thought it lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt basic food hygiene washing your hands before you handle it .. learnt to do it when i was about 3 :eek: