Quirky 30th birthday ideas...help!

belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello! I'm trying to organise my 30th and I'm hitting a LOT of walls. Hoping the folk of DS can help! Here are a few requirements:

- Needs to be in the south/south west. Ideally Bournemouth (Hengistbury Head is one of my favourite places), Southampton, Hants, Wilts, Dorset, at a push Devon.

- Would ideally like accommodation for a weekend (Fri and Sat nights, return on Sunday) for about 10 people. I'd like there to be something vaguely special about the accommodation, such as a cottage with a swimming pool/hot tub, or quirky outdoors stuff like yurts or beach huts, or really cool camping options. I'd prefer not to have to get hotel rooms. A lot of the cottages etc I've seen aren't unusual enough, or are for week-long lets.

- Would like at least one unusual activity. I like the outdoors, but I'm not a fan of terrifying things like skydiving, zorbing etc. However, I'm active and like things like paintballing, go-karting etc. That said, I'm also a fan of being a bit pampered! I like food and drink experiences too.

- I'd like one cool meal, either within our accommodation or out somewhere.

ANY IDEAS?? I have Googlesearched to death and either I'm looking for the wrong thing or things simply don't exist!!

Thanks...!

Comments

• belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm female, by the way, and the group would be a mix of boys and girls. :)
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live near any local country parks where you could contact the council and ask if you could camp there for a few days? some of them have zip wires, adventure trails and barbecuing facilities and you could have camp fires, horse riding etc and chose a park near a beach . I doubt it would cost much and would be very relaxing and a lot less expensive than a spa or centre parcs holiday
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your budget?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live near any local country parks where you could contact the council and ask if you could camp there for a few days? some of them have zip wires, adventure trails and barbecuing facilities and you could have camp fires, horse riding etc and chose a park near a beach . I doubt it would cost much and would be very relaxing and a lot less expensive than a spa or centre parcs holiday

Good idea. I'm having a look at the New Forest, which would be lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your budget?

Depends, really. The more people I can get to come, the bigger the budget will probably be as things tend to be cheaper if groups are bigger.

Folk will probably contribute about £60 each to cover accommodation and perhaps one activity...then extra for dinner/drinks. I'm planning on topping that up by about £20 per person.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about this?

http://www.cedarvalley.co.uk/

ownersdirect.co.uk is a good site for renting cottages/houses direct from owners, but I think ones with a pool or hot tub might be a bit expensive for you, worth having a look though some of them might have offers if they aren't booked up?