Sir Cliff to sue the BBC

Comments

• maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping for a 'Cliff At The BBC' compilation.

Suppose there's no chance now!

Well I guess they can't use these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo_qyOejqEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8BHCS4Gc5Y
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping for a 'Cliff At The BBC' compilation.

Suppose there's no chance now!

= Pretty much zero.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will he return to the UK or will he oversee proceeding from his home in the Barbados where he has residency? If anyone wants to use UK courts then they must do it in person.

Another pointless case to clog up the justice system.

or his home and vine yard in Portugal.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or his home and vine yard in Portugal.

I'm sure Cliff will have about seven homes that are all around the world.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm sure Cliff will have about seven homes that are all around the world.

quite right, he may be like Richard branson, or Mick Jagger.. own their own island in the sun. sorry no pun for Dennis rousos
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singers need good relationships with broadcasting organisations, in order to promote their singles, albums etc.
    Forum Member
    A friend of Sir Cliff said yesterday it was their support which is helping him through his ordeal. Neither the singer nor his management team have commented on the claim – or the six-month police enquiry. But a source said: “We’re confident they will have dropped their *investigation by the time his 75th birthday tour kicks off in September. “He is impatient to put this behind him and get on with his life. He knows he is innocent and just cannot understand why it is taking so long for the police to clear his name.”
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cliff-richard-confident-child-sex-5124983

You might say that "Mr Friend" but I know precisely why the police conducted their raid in the first place.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of Sir Cliff said yesterday it was their support which is helping him through his ordeal. Neither the singer nor his management team have commented on the claim – or the six-month police enquiry. But a source said: “We’re confident they will have dropped their *investigation by the time his 75th birthday tour kicks off in September. “He is impatient to put this behind him and get on with his life. He knows he is innocent and just cannot understand why it is taking so long for the police to clear his name.”
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cliff-richard-confident-child-sex-5124983

You might say that "Mr Friend" but I know precisely why the police conducted their raid in the first place.

Yeah, we all do. Because of an abuse allegation.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we all do. Because of an abuse allegation.

There's actually more to it than that; the police had other information which I am not sure that it is appropriate to disclose on an open, public forum.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we hope they are absolutley sure before taking it further.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    There's actually more to it than that; the police had other information which I am not sure that it is appropriate to disclose on an open, public forum.

There is nothing stopping you from informing the public, as no charges have been laid, he's not even been arrested.

So tell us what you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    There is nothing stopping you from informing the public, as no charges have been laid, he's not even been arrested.

So tell us what you know.
    Well, the current lack of charges may mean that such information - if it exists - would not be in contempt of court at this time. However, is it really wise to ask for details to be posted on a public forum? Cliff is already pursuing the BBC over its coverage, so it seems he's pretty litigious.
    Forum Member
    Well, the current lack of charges may mean that such information - if it exists - would not be in contempt of court at this time. However, is it really wise to ask for details to be posted on a public forum? Cliff is already pursuing the BBC over its coverage, so it seems he's pretty litigious.

Exactly, and I would not wish to endanger this site in any way either because of a rich person's lawyers. If anyone's really that interested then they can contact me directly (right hand side) and I'd reiterrate that it would be highly unwise to publish such information openly.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police only had this one off specific abuse allegation and endless abuse stuff that has hung around for decades. Not much good in a court of law. So in cohoots with BBC they went on a massive fishing trip. Tell every one what Cliff is and they thought the floodgates would happen Saville style. Well if they did it's taking a hell of a time to arrest him. Wait and see but shocking behaviour from South Yorkshire Police. The same force who stood by when 1400 girls were abused by Asian men. Rotherham Labour Council not fit for purpose seems to me South Yorkshire Police not far behind. Hillsborough and up to their necks in Saville to complete picture.
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    The police only had this one off specific abuse allegation and endless abuse stuff that has hung around for decades. Not much good in a court of law. So in cohoots with BBC they went on a massive fishing trip. Tell every one what Cliff is and they thought the floodgates would happen Saville style. Well if they did it's taking a hell of a time to arrest him. Wait and see but shocking behaviour from South Yorkshire Police. The same force who stood by when 1400 girls were abused by Asian men. Rotherham Labour Council not fit for purpose seems to me South Yorkshire Police not far behind. Hillsborough and up to their necks in Saville to complete picture.

No, I'm afraid that's incorrect. They had additional, unrelated information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm afraid that's incorrect. They had additional, unrelated information.

You mean a witness?
    Forum Member

Is he litigious?

The paper which detests the BBC and originated the idea quotes no one from his legal team threatening legal action, is there a quote from anyone to support the notion?

All the other papers seemed to merely cut & pasted the original item, At the time The Independent could not verify the claim as neither Richard’s publicist or lawyer could not be reached when approached for comment.

The person who contributed to this forum stated they knew the details of why the raid took place, don't you think that person should at least indicate where that info came from...such as was it something they read on the internet and it must be true?
    Forum Member
    Exactly, and I would not wish to endanger this site in any way either because of a rich person's lawyers. If anyone's really that interested then they can contact me directly (right hand side) and I'd reiterrate that it would be highly unwise to publish such information openly.

Could you send me the details, thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Settle out of court and give him BBC Three.

You could have themed programs named after his songs like this -

7pm Wired For Sound (Music Show)

8pm Saviour's Day (Drama)

10pm Carrie (Horror film)

:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Could you send me the details, thank you.

Me too, please, and I won't publicise it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LibLabCON wrote: »
    Settle out of court and give him BBC Three.

You could have themed programs named after his songs like this -

7pm Wired For Sound (Music Show)

8pm Saviour's Day (Drama)

10pm Carrie (Horror film)

:cool:
    Living Doll (Horror Film, 1990)
    Howard, a shy morgue worker, falls in love with a girl who ends up in the morgue, but he doesn't let that stop him.

How's about that then?
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Me too, please, and I won't publicise it.

And me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    And me!
    Such requests should really be made in PM. This sort of thing just attracts attention.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    And me!

Me too, please.