Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    fifilapew wrote: »
    Dustin Hoffman is an absolute darling, chats to everyone and always stops for anyone wanting a photo, lovely man

My dad met him too, cant remember where, but said the same, that he was very friendly and chatty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Jaime Winstone, Jason Flemyng, Will Poulter, and Dexter Fletcher a few weeks ago. All were lovely. I found Will Poulter to be particularly lovely, so I'm very chuffed that he's doing so well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I once met Justin Timberlake when I was very young during his NSYNC days, he gave me a kiss on the cheek :-D Still one of my fav. stories, haha.

I met Adam Lambert in Koln, and he was absolutely the sweetest, charming guy. Swoon.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met the chef James Martin five times and he is absolutely LOVELY! Exactly like he comes across on TV - very down to earth and friendly and absolutely hilarious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    Pete and Noel?! You're so lucky! Pete's always treasured his fans though, right since the very beginning. And the Noel story just sounds funny :D

Yes, Pete and Noel in the same night. I just about screamed all the way home. I managed to meet the whole of the Boosh lot after one of their live shows once. Luckily I got a free box of crayons with my programme so I had something they could sign it with, when we met Noel the first time we had to resort to eye-liner. To be honest it was a bit mental, like they were a (VERY peculiar looking) boy band or something!

Speaking of boy bands, I have also just been told that someone I know was propositioned by Harry from One Direction AND TURNED HIM DOWN with the words "I could be your mother". She's like 19, so the mother thing is a bit of an overstatement but good on her as she has a boyfriend, not sure I could show such self restraint. However even juicier is that this girl's sister spent the whole night getting off with Louis F.1.D even though he has a girlfriend (apparently, this may need confirmation from a bigger fan than I). The girls' mum phoned the next day and overheard him singing Grenade by Bruno Mars in the shower. She swears she slept on the floor (of their hotel room), however somehow I doubt it's only Matt who'll be taking a great deal of pleasure in "how much p***y" he's getting at the moment... They must be loving it.
  • avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jana_M wrote: »
    I once met Justin Timberlake when I was very young during his NSYNC days, he gave me a kiss on the cheek :-D Still one of my fav. stories, haha.

A girl I know was at an airport in America with her mom - they had managed to get bumped up to first class (business class, or whatever it's called). Anyway, the girl wandered off to have a shop, and when she came back, her mom had just finished chatting with a young man in the first class departure lounge. The mom had no idea who the man was, but her daughter did - it was Justin Timberlake!! Apparently he was very lovely, friendly and a bit shy.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of my work colleagues was in a pub in darlington when Frank Carson came in from doing a show across the road at the theatre , apparently the pub was full and he elbowed his way to the front of the bar saying do you know who i am would you move surely you know who I am and all the sort of stuff , then when he got to the bar he turned round and said right what's everybody drinking then and bought everyone in the pubs drinks all night , what a star
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really celebrities as such but I met both Stewart Lee & Richard Herring last year

Both were absolutely lovely and had no problem standing and chatting with fans after the gigs
  • Sam'sWishSam'sWish Posts: 6,759
    Forum Member
    Billy Connolly is a twirp. He seriously needs to get himself a better 'tude and remember who put him where he is today.

Jensen Ackles is such a lovely guy and SO much better looking in real life.

Paul Walker is a bit of a creep.

Jessica Alba is lovely. Such a nice woman.

Eminem is a really nice guy also, nothing like you would expect him to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    David James -- He's alright not too friendly but not horrible
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray Walker - Rude and unpleasant
    Stirling Moss - A gent
    Lewis Hamilton - Surprisingly friendly
    Jenson Button - Genuinely nice guy

Easy to see where you've been!

Lewis is pretty shy and quiet from what I've seen

Jenson is perfectly nice, Stirling Moss is just...immense!

Will disagree about Murray Walker though, really lovely gentleman...albeit rather old now...but he means no harm...just talk a little louder!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met that band the drums twice (the singer only once). All three of them are really polite but shy and awkwardly adorable.
    The singer is beyond kind, he missed me and two girls who wanted his autograph and a picture when he did the rounds and just as he was heading back into the venue we groaned in dissapointment and he dashed back out to shake our hands and get the autographs and pictures really quickly (security were having a nightmare with them staying out so long to meet fans).

Alison Goldfrapp is quite sweet but extremely shy.

Taylor momsen was nice to us after a show we saw her band play but my friend met her back at the v festival and she was really snotty and smarmy towards her so I think she was fake sugar sweet to us at her gig, you get some like that.

Lady Gaga is adorable if you meet her, two of my friends took the commitment to stalk outside her hotel and she invited all 20 of this group in to some staircase area of the hotel and gave time to them all

I've heard the same praise for the Scissor Sisters from friends but the closest I got to them was groping Jake Shears during a crowd dive.

A friend saw Nick Cave go right past him in a french airport once. It broke his heart to see one of his rock idols in flares & converse with his two kids in tow. He was dressed so normal compared to his attire and persona when he performs and what not (lovely person apparently though).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Not really celebrities as such but I met both Stewart Lee & Richard Herring last year

Both were absolutely lovely and had no problem standing and chatting with fans after the gigs

Wow, I didn't know they were performing together again? I've met Lee before at the Jerry Springer Opera when it first came out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    Used to work in a v posh London boutique and met quite a few slebs.

Dustin Hoffman is an absolute darling, chats to everyone and always stops for anyone wanting a photo, lovely man!

Nigel havers and his wife are the most stuck up rude people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Elle macphearson, Claudia schiffer, and Sophie dahl came in often and were more stunning than any photo could show and very sweet too.

Kate moss looked very ordinary but didn't really talk to her.

Sir Richard attenbrough was a regular, was delightful and used to give the colleague that always helped him a nice bottle of wine for Xmas.

Anne Robinson was....shhhhh.... A very sweet lady who seemed to go out of her way to be nice.

I'm not surprised by that at all. He comes across terribly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam'sWish wrote: »
    Billy Connolly is a twirp. He seriously needs to get himself a better 'tude and remember who put him where he is today.

Jensen Ackles is such a lovely guy and SO much better looking in real life.

Paul Walker is a bit of a creep.

Jessica Alba is lovely. Such a nice woman.

Eminem is a really nice guy also, nothing like you would expect him to be.

In what way? I'm intrigued......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Califa wrote: »
    I met that band the drums twice (the singer only once). All three of them are really polite but shy and awkwardly adorable.
    The singer is beyond kind, he missed me and two girls who wanted his autograph and a picture when he did the rounds and just as he was heading back into the venue we groaned in dissapointment and he dashed back out to shake our hands and get the autographs and pictures really quickly (security were having a nightmare with them staying out so long to meet fans).

Alison Goldfrapp is quite sweet but extremely shy.

Taylor momsen was nice to us after a show we saw her band play but my friend met her back at the v festival and she was really snotty and smarmy towards her so I think she was fake sugar sweet to us at her gig, you get some like that.

Lady Gaga is adorable if you meet her, two of my friends took the commitment to stalk outside her hotel and she invited all 20 of this group in to some staircase area of the hotel and gave time to them all

I've heard the same praise for the Scissor Sisters from friends but the closest I got to them was groping Jake Shears during a crowd dive.

A friend saw Nick Cave go right past him in a french airport once. It broke his heart to see one of his rock idols in flares & converse with his two kids in tow. He was dressed so normal compared to his attire and persona when he performs and what not (lovely person apparently though).

Love The Drums! I met Kele and Matt from Bloc Party once as well, they were really lovely. I've always found bands meeting fans after gigs are usually pretty nice, that kind of band anyway.
    Forum Member
    laska wrote: »
    In what way? I'm intrigued......

Just the way he looks at you really. Not surprising when his gf is years younger... Just got the "creep" vibe from him. But in the flesh he's SO good looking. Beautiful body too! ;)
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    John Leslie did a guest spot on a youth theatre charity show I was in many years ago. He leered at all of us (mostly underage) teenage girls and told blue material unsuitable for a family show. I thought he was a sleezy creep.

I've read a few stories on here about what he got up to on holidays when he was in Blue Peter so that's not surprising.
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaby roslin is not just the nastiest celebrity I've ever met, but one of the nastiest people. Interviewed her for my old student radio...had a few problems with the Mic and she said 'cant You just hurry the f**k up'.

Barbs winsdor, as has been mentioned, horrid.

Justin bieber, nasty little ****.

Alex Ferguson, lovely man.

Kylie, really nice lady

Simon cowell was also very nice.

In zlist category, Preston was a gem, Dane bowers a Dick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Met David and Victoria Beckham when I was younger in my local Toys 'R Us. They were both very lovely and signed autographs, didn't have a camera (Before the days of camera phones) which was a shame. Victoria was really funny, and they gave us the Harry Potter goblet we were looking for, even though they had it, and it was the last one.

Met Anthony Head and Emma Caulfield from Buffy. Both really nice, especially Anthony who had time for everybody and asked lots of questions about people.

Met Gary Neville countless times as he's from my neck of the woods, always polite and lovely. (Incidentally his sister was a friend of my babysitter, and found out she would play for England in netball at my house!)

My mother has met Eric Cantona who she said was the loveliest man she'd ever met, he posed for pictures and charmed her for a good 20mins (at the airport on the way back from an away game) and even pinched her bum when he left!

The guy who played Neville Longbottom was also a really nice guy, down to earth and seemed to be rather scared of his fame tbh.

Can't think of any nasty ones... though H from Steps seemed a bit 'too busy' but may genuinely have been. (This was when Steps were at the height of their fame btw.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam'sWish wrote: »
    Just the way he looks at you really. Not surprising when his gf is years younger... Just got the "creep" vibe from him. But in the flesh he's SO good looking. Beautiful body too! ;)

I find him incredibly dreamy!!! With a beautiful face like his, I'd excuse any creepiness!
  • Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Anneka Rice once (my family and I were on the London Eye ) and she was just lovely, we had a chat and she was just so natural, not a bit snooty or anything. And when we got off, she made a point of saying Goodbye to us and asked us if we enjoyed the trip :)
    Forum Member
    laska wrote: »
    I find him incredibly dreamy!!! With a beautiful face like his, I'd excuse any creepiness!

He is really dreamy...that hair of his. I love it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Phil Jupitus thread in the TV Programmes forum:
    Originally Posted by alimi
    Love Phil. My son is partially sighted and attends a mainstream school but within support of a VI unit. They have on a couple of occasions obtained tickets to theatre productions, where there is an audio feed for them. They managed to get tickets for hairspray and when I collected my son from school he was so excited. A guy had met them at the door, gave them a tour and then whipped out a guitar and played a song, incorperating their pets names, and jokes in general. I later found out from the teachers that it was Phil . They had no idea later, when they were watching the performance, that the man dressed up as a lady was the guy who had been joking with them earlier.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Barnes .. very nice and chatty
    Barry Horne (ex-Everton) ... very nice bloke, didn't even mind me interrupting his conversation!