US Networks with Roku and Nimble.TV

Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,561
Forum Member
✭✭✭
US Network TV for those that dont mind paying.

For many years I was on the look out for a way to access the networks and channels such as comedy Central, TBS and most importantly CMT. I have a roku so tried USTVNOW and a few other things and it never worked for me.

I signed up to Nimble.TV last week and I wanted to share my experiences with you.

So I have a Roku and for $29.99 a month I subscribe to in effect a Dish contract with Nimble.TV. At sign up my billing details are UK but my contact details are in New York as you get local programming from there. It was pretty quick and with the addition of a channel on Roku means that I can watch on my TV. It also gives me 20 hours of DVR, I can series link on this.

So the plus points are that the picture quality is pretty good, I have BT infinity so streaming is good. The TV guide is also pretty good too and the selection of channels is exactly what I wanted. I also have the option to upgrade to HBO etc.

The negatives, the cost is a little high, but not high enough to put me off. The DVR isn’t intelligent. I recorded the amazing race but 60 minutes over ran and so I missed 20 minutes of it.

Other than that though, its so far working out to do exactly what I wanted.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Is USA Network one that you can watch this way?
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    But surely at nearly £20 a month is it worth it over getting Sky basic package, which does have HBO content?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top pack is about £51p/m which is a bit steep tbf.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wont catch me getting it,
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that people want the us networks, its not always HBO, and just giving info out, not affiliated with the company, just letting people know that there is a way to get us tv in the uk.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it suited my needs, sky doesnt. I get all the tv shows that I want and watch and I also have the option to record stuff if needs be.
    Forum Member
    Wasn't advocating SKY over your package, just for me it doesn't make monetary value. But thanks for the info, it's always good to see what's out there.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it suited my needs, sky doesnt. I get all the tv shows that I want and watch and I also have the option to record stuff if needs be.

The info is much appreciated thankyou this may benefit others, also i've noticed you get 10 channels for free one which is CW, so once again thankyou.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    But surely at nearly £20 a month is it worth it over getting Sky basic package, which does have HBO content?

Yes, but the american HBO gets it first. All content premiers on the original HBO, then it comes to Europe and UK via Sky Atlantic.
    Forum Member
    ^^True but it's not delayed by much, the 2 main programmes I watch on Sky Atlantic are GOT, which is aired, next day and Blue Bloods which is aired pretty soon after the US. TBH I'm not that bothered about getting the airings right after US broadcast, I mean Netflix can be a year or so, but because we watch the Us/Canadian NF it seems sooner to us.