Susan - WTF?

Comments

• kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she gets through to the interview round - I want to see her throw a strop and whine "it's so unfair"!

I would not have someone like that working for me - too high maintenance, even if she did come up with the odd good idea. I do not have time to manage prima donnas
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Susan did well last night, she took a huge risk on the bracelets and proved she could out sell Natasha. I like the fact that she's willing to stand up for herself and go against the project manager.

Alright, she cocked up on the door to door sales but that was only because she was following Natasha's orders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I don't think that Susan wants to work for anyone - she is the classic self-employed type.

I also don't think she needs to be managed, she got the bracelets under her own impetus, and sold them.

Susan's only real problem this series has been dealing with the people around her.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, I would be whiny too if had been stuck with Natasha.

The customer looked like he was going to pay the 8 quid, why the hell did Natasha stick her oar in and order her to sell it for 5? And then the patronizing 'I'm the boss, so do it' - yes, that's a good reason for undermining a potential sale :rolleyes:

To top it off, she just seemed to be standing around doing sod all while Jim and Susan was doing the reinvesting and selling their guts out.

I thought Natasha was very annoying and useless in this task - to be fair, whining would have been the least of it if I had to work with her on this task. I don't blame Susan (or Jim) at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Much better on this task than Natasha. all that needs to be said really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    I hope she gets through to the interview round - I want to see her throw a strop and whine "it's so unfair"!

I would not have someone like that working for me - too high maintenance, even if she did come up with the odd good idea. I do not have time to manage prima donnas

Are you sure there's going to be an interview round? Rumour is, there won't be.

You don't have time to manage a "prima donna" but you have time to waste on this forum at 09:52 am? Not exactly over-worked are you? ;)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan ftw :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    susan took a risk on a bracelets and sold them.

what did natasha do apart from being useless again?

She "managed the processes of operations" :p:p

I'm warming up to Suzie if she doesn't whine she can be quite good and arguably the best of the lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She "managed the processes of operations" :p:p

I'm warming up to Suzie if she doesn't whine she can be quite good and arguably the best of the lot.

Exactly. I am not Susan's fans either. However, Susan is the candidate who has progressed, evolved and developed throughout the show. Look at her boardroom experience for example. In the first boardroom experience, she could not defend herself. The second boardroom experience, she became the "mouse who roars" and she was praised by LS.

Some candidates' performances deteriorate throughout the series (i.e. Melody, Tom and even Helen to an extent). Only Susan and Jim who show improvement.

Honestly, most Susan's critics here are more whiny than Susan. Complain and complain without providing a balanced argument.
  • aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy1 wrote: »
    Are you sure there's going to be an interview round? Rumour is, there won't be.

You don't have time to manage a "prima donna" but you have time to waste on this forum at 09:52 am? Not exactly over-worked are you? ;)

There is an interview round,definitely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an interview round,definitely.

How do you know?
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy1 wrote: »
    How do you know?

Because it's all over the place!

And I mean in news sources, not just in DS forum posts.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    In all honesty I think it will be Tom and Susan in the final.

Shuggy obviously likes them both, tom for his brain and Susan for her entrepreneurial skill in setting up her own business.

Out of them all Susan is the most business savvy. She has done it all already and will not have to be taught the basics.

Admittedly she can be rather child like, but underneath that timid exterior is a girl who knows what she is doing. She has shown herself to be able to grasp what tasks are about quicker than the rest of them, and if others who have been fired had listened to her they may have survived longer.

Susan is peaking at the right time. When Jim attacked her in the boardroom a couple of weeks ago she showed her mettle and put him down in a blink of an eye.

Last night she made Natasha look like a complete waste of space.

The telling moment for me however was when they were back in the house and Natasha blamed Susan for not getting the treat. From her upright position on the stool while Natasha was lounging on the sofa, Susan lined her up with both barrels. I could almost smell the fear from Natasha as she suddenly realisd she had severely inderestimated Susan.

I want her to win.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan lives in her own world. The whole idea of this task was to replenish goods provided by Lord Sugar. What was the idea behind going into a shop to buy some bracelets and then sell them at five times the retail price?

How about I just go into a shop buy some stuff and set up a stall in my street and sell them on? We could all do that but it's not what the task was about.

To be fair, we were never given the same explicit rules that the contestants were given. All I remember Sugar saying was something about "sniff[ing] out what sells" and "restocking" - a lloose interpretation of this would suggest that they were allowed a certain amount of freedom in product selection.

Alternatively there could have been a few bracelets amongst the initial selection and we were never shown them - it may be the case that Susan was given a shopping list by Natasha/Jim and decided to add the bracelets to that on a whim, but that they were part of the original selection anyway.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan lives in her own world. The whole idea of this task was to replenish goods provided by Lord Sugar. What was the idea behind going into a shop to buy some bracelets and then sell them at five times the retail price?

How about I just go into a shop buy some stuff and set up a stall in my street and sell them on? We could all do that but it's not what the task was about.
    Melody must have missed the point of the task also. She 'replenished' their stock with digital photo frame / alarm clocks and mobile phone chargers:eek:
    Susan was using her initiative and boy she was good....£1.50 bracelets being sold at £5:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Susan, like many here I find her whiny and annoying but she is growing on me. The more the others give her a hard time the more I want her to prove them wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I love Susan. Her occasional ditziness just makes her more endearing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    did anybody notice that she mentioned her parents this week? not just mum?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Susan has really gone up in my estimation recently and IMHO she is now a serious contender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member

We all probably could do that but not many would think to. She did it to increase profits - I'd say LS cares more about that then shifting £200 of stock (Susan wasn't wrong about the quality, you don't get that a big a discount otherwise).

The whole idea of the task was not neccesarily to replenish the goods provided by LS- it was for the candidates to show they could recognise a good seller and squeeze what they could from it. Susan did that, she used her own experience of the market to increase profits, furthermore she took a risk doing so, and it paid off. Had LS explicitly said not to purchase from outside the selection then it would be different.

I do find it a bit frustrating when people say "anyone could do that". The truth is anyone can do most things if they really want to, but very few show the determination and commitment to follow it through. That should be commended.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it has become a bit of a joke, that every task Susan says Let me be project manager I have experience in that etc.....but at least she is always up for being project manager unlike so many of them who try to coast through by avoiding the responsibility.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    Although it has become a bit of a joke, that every task Susan says Let me be project manager I have experience in that etc.....but at least she is always up for being project manager unlike so many of them who try to coast through by avoiding the responsibility.

Natasha's reasons for being better suited for project manager might have got he slated in the board room; "process management" or some such management speak.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    japara wrote: »

I had expected Jim to step up as he talked about how good he was with sales and selling. He still doesn't put himself forward as PM. I still don't remember how well he performed as PM the last time, but I do remember how he refused to move forward until he had everyone's approval. I do give Susan and Natasha the credit for having the guts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member

No it wasn't - Sugar specifically says they don't have to stick to what he provides. And she went to a wholesaler, not a shop. She was using her initiative.

Susie FTW :D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    susan took a risk on a bracelets and sold them.

what did natasha do apart from being useless again?
    Exactly.....there is something there....And there debrief after they won...was very telling.