Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately only got IE installed.

Should've installed another browser while IE was still working :p
  • pavierpavier Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried launching IE without add-ons? Only takes a few seconds, worth a try.

Another bit of detective work to try is to see if non browser reliant programs such as Windows Update or antivirus software can successfully connect to their servers and check for and download updates.
    If they can then this points to a browser rather than a network/internet fault.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should've installed another browser while IE was still working :p

Well, he was advised several posts ago

QUOTE=mac2708;64306372]Maybe this may help?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

When you get the problem solved it may not be a bad idea to install another browser - Chrome/Firefox - for times like this[/QUOTE]
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, two people who haven't read the thread!
    Right I installed opera.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem seems to be the modem.

Basically my Sky Anytime+ hasn't worked for weeks and I tired to get youtube via my Blu Ray player and it wasn't connecting either.

All including the pc are connected via ethernet cables so could it be the modem?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem seems to be the modem.

Basically my Sky Anytime+ hasn't worked for weeks and I tired to get youtube via my Blu Ray player and it wasn't connecting either.

All including the pc are connected via ethernet cables so could it be the modem?

Have you tried just rebooting the router?
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say your iPhone is working ok on wi-fi. Is the phone connecting via the same moderm (or is is a wireless router?) as the PC? For example, might the phone be connecting via a neighbour's wi-fi network?
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This problem has returned. Internet explorer won't load but wi-fi works.

Sky Anytime + still not working either.

Last time I phoned Sky they said its the lines.

Surely the modem is broke or something? If you unplug it it takes hours to get the green lights to flash again?