Options

Which finale of a Show really hit you hard?

124»

Comments

• Options
    mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I thought Quantum Leap was near perfect. What didn't you like about it?

As I understand it, they didn't think it would be the final episode when they made it & only tagged on the end text afterwards. i suppose I would have liked Sam to make the "leap home" As much as I like Quantum Leap, the final season was, in my opinion, not up to the high standards of the previous ones...
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mccaffep wrote: »
    As I understand it, they didn't think it would be the final episode when they made it & only tagged on the end text afterwards. i suppose I would have liked Sam to make the "leap home" As much as I like Quantum Leap, the final season was, in my opinion, not up to the high standards of the previous ones...

I always prefer the episode where he made it back and found out he was married, as the last episode. I think that would have been a better ending.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    mccaffep wrote: »

Sam making it home would have been too much of a Hollywood ending for me. Bellisario wrote the episode with one eye on the possibility of the show being cancelled. He tried to leave it open just enough so that they could accommodate a renewal but I don't think he saw that as a realistic probability.

Personally I think the way this episode throws up so many new questions about leaping and the strange goings on in the bar left me yearning for more, which is a must for me. Add to that all the familiar faces - Frank and Jimmy, Captain Galaxy - and it's a winner. The poignant final favour for Al was the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    The end of Miami Vice...had been part of teen years until I left home...
    Similar story here. Miami Vice was a big part of my teen years, and seeing it end really hit hard. I don't think any other show has ever had such a big impact on me, and probably never will.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote:
    The end of Miami Vice...had been part of teen years until I left home...
    Similar story here. Miami Vice was a big part of my teen years, and seeing it end really hit hard. I don't think any other show has ever had such a big impact on me, and probably never will.

The internet is a big old place ain't it?
  • Options
    Frunchy2904Frunchy2904 Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    ER for me, never missed an episode and I went straight out and bought the entire box set....also David Tennant leaving Dr Who
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers was bad one. I loved that show, watching it all through my teen years.
    I was gutted when Buffy went, even though it had reached it's natural end. I still miss it.
    Spaced was bitter sweet. I wanted more, but I'm happy to have two great series. Saying that, I am super-grateful for the extra bit they did for 'Skip To The End'. I teared up a bit watching it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Why has no one mentioned medium!

It was heartbreaking for it to end but I did think it was a lovely way to do it
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    For me Friends was spoiled by Ross and Rachel getting back together. Especially as (as I recall) she turned down a rare opportunity in Paris to do so. I wanted the characters to learn and develop and move on in their lives to greater things, not keep retrying the same relationships that had already been tried and failed before.

Its a bit like Carrie and Mr Big in Sex and The City, on and again off again , on again off again and then in the final episode its on again forever.... If there had been another season they'd have broken up again!