Options

The Doctor Who Factor

Comments

• Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving onto Series 6. The episodes are...

The Impossible Astronaut/ Day Of The Moon
    The Curse Of The Black Spot
    The Doctors Wife
    The Rebel Flesh/ The Almost People
    A Good Man Goes To War
    Let's Kill Hitler
    Night Terrors
    The Girl Who Waited
    The God Complex
    Closing Time
    The Wedding Of River Song

This time it's 11 is best and 1 is worst instead of 10 because there are 11 stories. Lines close at 16:45 so just drop me a PM please :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40 minutes left to vote!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had no voters so far

I am one changing the time to 17:15 for lines to close :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys please get voting :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another time change to 6 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lines Are Closed
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Oh crap... two time changes and I still manage to miss voting on my favourite series. *sigh* :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey again!

So all the judging panel know about this but I thought I'd share it with you guys now as well. The next stage of this game (after all classic series and specials as well) I'm gonna run it in a similar way to Britains Got Talent. We will have 4 semi finals (8 in 2, 9 in 2) as we will have 34 winners. In each one if any of our panel don't like that episode they can buzz (they'll send me them jn PM before the show) then the lines will open. You as viewers, and judges too will send me a list of 8-1 or 9-1. Then there'll be a top 3. The winner of that 3 will go straight through to the final and then the 2nd and 3rd placed episode from that semi final will have to battle it out and the winner will be chosen by the judges. We'll then have a final- 4 finalists, 4 episodes :)

Episodes in semi finals so far

SEMI FINAL ONE

The Impossible Planet/ The Satan Pit
    Vincent and The Doctor

SEMI FINAL TWO

The Unicorn and The Wasp

SEMI FINAL THREE

Bad Wolf/ Parting Of The Ways

SEMI FINAL FOUR

Blink
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so Series 6 results are in.

The top 3 stories as voted by you were..

The Impossible Astronaut/ Day Of The Moon
    Closing Time
    The Wedding Of River Song

Our judges votes were...
    Doctorwhofancal: Closing Time
    King Yrcanos: Closing Time
    Deppiedoo: The Wedding Of River Song
    Dr. Linus: The Impossible Astronaut/ Day Of The Moon

Therefore Closing Time goes through to the semi finals.

Now I've decided to change the SFs a bit. We shall have 5 semi finals with 7 episodes in each yes 7. Therefore we'll have a wildcard episode. There'll be more details on that nearer the time.

SEMI FINAL ONE
    Vincent And The Doctor

SEMI FINAL TWO
    The Unicorn And The Wasp

SEMI FINAL THREE
    Bad Wolf/ Parting Of The Ways
    Closing Time

SEMI FINAL FOUR
    Blink

SEMI FINAL FIVE
    Wildcard Episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've only just finished Series 6 but I'm moving onto Series 7 as I'd like this game to flow quite quickly,

The episodes are...

Asylum Of The Daleks
    Dinosaurs On A Spaceship
    A Town Called Mercy
    The Power Of Three
    The Angels Take Manhatten
    The Bells Of St John
    The Rings Of Akhaten
    Cold War
    Hide
    Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS
    The Crimson Horror
    Nightmare In Silver
    The Name Of The Doctor

Can you PM me with the episodes in your favourite order 13 being best 1 being worst by 20:45 please :) thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Sorry !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    25 minutes left to vote.

If I get the judges decisions in quick after that we can do the first classic season aswell :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And the surprises continue. Vincent and the Doctor is a very underrated episode, definitely one of the great eps in series 5, so that's good. Closing Time is a real surprise, I thought not many people liked that episode due to the whole "blew the cybermen up with love" thing. It's a shame A Good Man Goes To War didn't make it into the top 3 though, that was a brilliant episode.

I would have included The Snowmen as part of Series 7 though, as while being a Christmas special, it carries on the main story and plot arc and is for once in the middle of the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just under 10 mins left

And Yoshee I was considering doing a whole specials thing :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lines are now closed :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just under 10 mins left

And Yoshee I was considering doing a whole specials thing :)

Ah, fair enough, that's a good idea actually. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for Dr. Linus to get his vote back to me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have decided to change the order of episodes in the semi finals. :) I hope that's okay with everyone

SEMI FINAL ONE
    Bad Wolf/ The Parting Of The Ways
    Vincent And The Doctor

SEMI FINAL TWO
    The Unicorn And The Wasp
    Closing Time

SEMI FINAL THREE
    Blink

SEMI FINAL FOUR

SEMI FINAL FIVE
    Wildcard Episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone disagree with my choice for an episode in a semi final? It's fine if you do! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Latest one looks fine to me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deppiedoo wrote: »
    Latest one looks fine to me

I am contemplating putting the unicorn and the wasp in semi final 5 though :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am contemplating putting the unicorn and the wasp in semi final 5 though :o

No I think that putting it with Closing Time will be good, both are fairly weak stories so neither are massively likely to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I think that putting it with Closing Time will be good, both are fairly weak stories so neither are massively likely to win.

I really have to disagree they're two great stories IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I have to say, I think that this competition being carried out so quickly has negatively impacted the results, because although I'm not sure how many people voted each round, since the voting periods were so short and close together, I doubt that it was very many, and I expect the same couple of people voted each round, which means the 'experiment' so to speak had a very small sample size, meaning it's less likely to be an accurate representation of the entire fanbase. If you had made each of the rounds longer, say, a day or two each, far more people would have had time to vote, and the results would be more accurate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this because I dislike the episodes which got through, rather because I'm fairly sure the general consensus on this forum is that neither The Unicorn and the Wasp or Closing Time, while I and many others enjoyed them, are the best in their respective series, especially when compared to such popular episodes as Midnight, Silence in the Library, Day of the Moon, The Girl Who Waited, etc. Furthermore, it might have been a good idea, rather than to appoint judgeship to the first people who come along, to approach some of the most respected members of the forum, such as davrosdodebird, sovietusername, or Granny McSmith (although again, I have nothing against the judges who were picked).

Please don't think I'm saying this to be mean, I think it's a good idea, and the results are certainly interesting, but as I mentioned I've seen a few results which I don't really think represent the views of the community as a whole, though I might be wrong, so these are some ways I think it could be improved upon if we did it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I think that this competition being carried out so quickly has negatively impacted the results, because although I'm not sure how many people voted each round, since the voting periods were so short and close together, I doubt that it was very many, and I expect the same couple of people voted each round, which means the 'experiment' so to speak had a very small sample size, meaning it's less likely to be an accurate representation of the entire fanbase. If you had made each of the rounds longer, say, a day or two each, far more people would have had time to vote, and the results would be more accurate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this because I dislike the episodes which got through, rather because I'm fairly sure the general consensus on this forum is that neither The Unicorn and the Wasp or Closing Time, while I and many others enjoyed them, are the best in their respective series, especially when compared to such popular episodes as Midnight, Silence in the Library, Day of the Moon, The Girl Who Waited, etc. Furthermore, it might have been a good idea, rather than to appoint judgeship to the first people who come along, to approach some of the most respected members of the forum, such as davrosdodebird, sovietusername, or Granny McSmith (although again, I have nothing against the judges who were picked).

Please don't think I'm saying this to be mean, I think it's a good idea, and the results are certainly interesting, but as I mentioned I've seen a few results which I don't really think represent the views of the community as a whole, though I might be wrong, so these are some ways I think it could be improved upon if we did it again.

Actually I had 8 I think voters in the last one and a surprise is always good :)

I think it's good to have other people doing other things aswell. It's not just about popularity ;)

Plus aswell 2 days for each round is 68 days then add the semi finals and final that's 80 days :o