Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Have Split Up

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    humanracer wrote: »
    People are looking for some kind of big reason for the breakup but they may have just drifted apart. Long term relationships are hard work. Over time it can fall into a routine and the spark and sexual passion goes. Hope it does not happen to me.

Not that we know the ins and outs, but on the surface, that's all it seems like to me.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do find Gwynnie exceptionally irritating, but I have always admired the fact that these 2 have kept their marriage so private and haven't done photo shoots, magazine interviews etc.

Am sure they have their children's best interests at heart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find Gwynnie exceptionally irritating, but I have always admired the fact that these 2 have kept their marriage so private and haven't done photo shoots, magazine interviews etc.

Am sure they have their children's best interests at heart.

This is how I feel as well.
  • TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on either of them to be honest, but ten years is quite good going, considering how much time they must have spent apart through work.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck did she ever see in him???

Let's face it, he's not the best looking guy and have you heard him speak? LOL.

Thank Heavens she's woke up at last.

he is educated lol:o
  • CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Chris, I'm free! Up for some conscious coupling? ;-)
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I have never understood the popularity of their music. It makes me want to slit my wrists, especially that vomit inducing Fix You song. Ugh.

I actually like the reason behind Fix You (the song is mildly annoying mind) he wrote it for her after her Dad died which is very sweet.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Millions of people fancy him, not too many fancy her. He took a lot of flak and became uncool in the eyes of some when he got together with her. Chris deserved/s much better.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And of course she is 'beautiful' and therefore incapable of having any flaws!!

They've both always been a bit on the 'worthy' side, in their different ways. 'Conscious uncoupling' is a typical expression you might have expected.

Still, at least they didn't advertise their relationship every week. In fact, it always seemed as if they went out of their way to be pictured apart as much as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Same. Saw it coming a mile off.
    I don't really care much - they're both far too narcissistic to love anybody other than themselves.

How did you see it coming a mile off?

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. You must have been watching their every move to know what was going on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. You must have been watching their every move to know what was going on!

There have been a lot of stories about Gwyneth these past couple of years, most notably the one concerning Vanity Fair...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Millions of people fancy him, not too many fancy her. He took a lot of flak and became uncool in the eyes of some when he got together with her. Chris deserved/s much better.

She is undoubtedly very attractive and has had many high profile lovers including Brad Pitt so I hardly think she's some plain spinster type that hardly attracts men.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »

Tell me about it! I ain't one to go all celebrity sucking: I don't know these two people at all much less Coldplay ....

.... But some of the comments are ridiculously hilarious:

They've a great lifestyle, they have nannies, they have this and they have that, more than most of us!!: aww, dimdums! If you spent less time pointing fingers at and moaning about what you don't have as you look pathetically envious at the lives of others, you might - just might get somewhere in yours and quit with the boring moaning.

I hate Coldplay music, crap songs, lyrics you want to slit your wrists to: and what have YOU achieved in YOUR life that makes you think you can walk all over the achievements of others, or in fact is so deserving to sky-high praise that we should fall down and worship at this gawgusness of it all? (Please note: I don't do celebrity worship before y'all jump at my throat)

I have no clue what went on in their marriage, apart from a whole load of unsubstantiated gossip (I am after all a stranger to them as much as they are strangers to me), but hey! that DOES qualify me to pontificate on what REALLY happened. So shuddup: yes, indeedy. Will someone please get the white coats on the way out while they are at it? Thank you!

And on and on.... Like I said, ridiculously, pathetically hilarious. But then again what the hell do I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is undoubtedly very attractive and has had many high profile lovers including Brad Pitt so I hardly think she's some plain spinster type that hardly attracts men.

I was merely pointing out that Chris has more fans that fancy him than Gwyneth. A lot of people who like Coldplay fancy him, whilst I'm not sure if Gwyneth has many fans. O'b never seen people desperate to see a film because of her, but I have seen men and women wet themselves over a new Coldplay release. Sure, she dated Brad Pitt, but I've never liked his taste in women (and that includes Angelina!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was merely pointing out that Chris has more fans that fancy him than Gwyneth. A lot of people who like Coldplay fancy him, whilst I'm not sure if Gwyneth has many fans. O'b never seen people desperate to see a film because of her, but I have seen men and women wet themselves over a new Coldplay release. Sure, she dated Brad Pitt, but I've never liked his taste in women (and that includes Angelina!).

Have you conducted a scientific poll to arrive at this conclusion?!!

Coldplay do have a lot of fans, but not sure all of them 'fancy' him.

My husband can't stand her as an actress but finds her physically appealing so not sure it makes much sense - or is quantifiable to say that Chris has more fans that 'fancy' him than she does.

Sorry, but it's a silly statement.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you conducted a scientific poll to arrive at this conclusion?!!

Coldplay do have a lot of fans, but not sure all of them 'fancy' him.

My husband can't stand her as an actress but finds her physically appealing so not sure it makes much sense - or is quantifiable to say that Chris has more fans that 'fancy' him than she does.

Sorry, but it's a silly statement.

I'm a fan and I don't fancy him at all. I also like Muse and I don't fancy Matt either. However I do fancy Brandon Flowers who is the lead singer with The Killers.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How would you even know that?! Have they "wet themselves" over a Coldplay release because they think he's good-looking, or becasue they like their music? People not being desperate to see her in a movie doesn't mean they don't think she is attractive, it would mean they either don't rate her acting skills (or someone else's in the film) or simply aren't interested in the film she is in. So because you don't like someone's taste in women, that means those women are unattractive? :confused: I guess because I don't know anyone who thinks he's good-looking, that clearly means he is ugly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I am surprised and a bit sad, they were made for each other, but not in a good way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like the reason behind Fix You (the song is mildly annoying mind) he wrote it for her after her Dad died which is very sweet.

I didn't know that and it is lovely, but I will never like the song. It makes me want to slit my wrists, if I'm going to be brutally honest. :o
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    That's a shame, but it's onion, banana, and the rest of the kids that I feel more sorry for.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "conscious uncoupling"

"a negative internal object that needed healing"

ROFL

Pretentious knobs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Usually rock stars write some good break-up songs after they split up from their partners. I will be interested to hear some of his new songs especially the lyrics.

There have been loads of rumours of cheating (both of them) for years. Maybe they were true after all? One of the blind item sites has done a reveal today claiming that GP had an affair with the Glee producer...

Seen on another site -

The new Coldplay album, 'Conscious Uncoupling', featuring the hit single 'Thank f*** for that, where's the nearest Mcdonalds?' :D

I really shouldn't laugh, but to be fair nothing much has probably changed for the kids. Their parents would have been away all the time anyway before the breakup, and they have split on good terms. I bet they will both spend no less time with the kids now then they did when they were together.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Who really cares? must be a slow news day because this is all I have seen.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Consciously uncoupling? I love it. She's not on the same planet as the rest of us and long may it continue. :D
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    "conscious uncoupling"

"a negative internal object that needed healing"

ROFL

Pretentious knobs.

"a negative internal object that needed healing" - sounds like piles!:D