Options

Where to get correct sized hinges for my fridge door?

manjindermanjinder Posts: 283
Forum Member
The hinges on my fridge door need replacing. I contacted the supplier who said they will cost £62 each, although the entire in built fridge cost me less than £200 !

Surely, there must be other places where I could get them cheaper? However, when I have looked online, the website usually shows the dimensions of the hinges. I have no idea of the dimensions of the hinges that I already have. The only way to find out would probably be by unscrewing one of the hinges from the door and actually measuring it.

Has anybody got a better solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found partmaster have been good for the items I've needed :

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/

Obviously you'll know the make, and it's a big help if you also have the model number handy.

What's gone wrong with the hinges, to cause them to need replacing? And how old is the fridge; is it worth the cost of a repair? Or does the fact that it's built-in cause a problem? I remember the problem we had replacing a washing machine, when the kitchen had been built to feet and inches!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks jsmith99.

The problem with the hinges is that the door doesn't shut properly. I only bought the in built in fridge at Xmas 2011.

By the way, it is the partmaster website which quoted £62!!
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try Espares.co.uk Though new hinges for my Bosch built-in cost £25 + postage
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    manjinder wrote: »
    The hinges on my fridge door need replacing. I contacted the supplier who said they will cost £62 each, although the entire in built fridge cost me less than £200 !

Surely, there must be other places where I could get them cheaper? However, when I have looked online, the website usually shows the dimensions of the hinges. I have no idea of the dimensions of the hinges that I already have. The only way to find out would probably be by unscrewing one of the hinges from the door and actually measuring it.

Has anybody got a better solution?

Thanks.

Built-in fridge probably has fairly standard hinges.

Try Buildbase when they reopen after Christmas or B&Q.
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used these people before http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/

They have an excellent help and advice section as well as sales.

They advertise this hinge kit which is adaptable for hundreds of different integrated fridges. http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/hingekit4-hettich-integrated-fridge-freezer-door-hinge-kit £35 See if your fridge is included in the (LONG) list of fridges it fits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help, folks.