Forum Member
    Well I think they're ace!
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff
    foxy23 wrote: »
    OVERATED!!!
    It is all just because they are in the Star Wars get up???

SO WHAT???? Never even seen the film (including the original) so its all lost on me!

Chill out and enjoy :)
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    foxy23 wrote: »
    OVERATED!!!
    It is all just because they are in the Star Wars get up???

SO WHAT???? Never even seen the film (including the original) so its all lost on me!

That's what makes it funny, but yes if you haven't seen the films that probably rules it out for you. I love it. Love seeing storm troopers doing popular dance routines :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Completely agree.

Part of me would love Disney to start making enquiries into this act, cashing in on Star Wars is their USP. I can't see why Disney would really want their brand cheapened by a mediocre (at best) dance act on a mediocre talent show.

I thought this as soon as I saw the audition. Disney were asked, don't think so ? Either that or the Family Guy people for nicking an idea. That's why I said Herbert the pervert should sing with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this as soon as I saw the audition. Disney were asked, don't think so ? Either that or the Family Guy people for nicking an idea. That's why I said Herbert the pervert should sing with them.

Why over analyse it. People enjoyed it for what it was. It's an entertainment program.....not the end of the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why over analyse it. People enjoyed it for what it was. It's an entertainment program.....not the end of the world.

I'm not over analysing anything. The stormtrooper dance routine on Family Guy was there first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not over analysing anything. The stormtrooper dance routine on Family Guy was there first.

Ok. And that matters to you I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. And that matters to you I guess.

Not really, it just dampens the adulation for me.
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't they speak? :confused: It seems a bit suspicious that there is some deception going on seeing as the Star Wars films have clearly established that stormtroopers can speak while wearing their helmets.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they were really dire, and just a joke act at best.

Me too nothing special stands out about them. Seen better dance groups on especially the one last night Bollywood West Fusion it was if they had been performing for years. - vey professional

Did not really enjoy Balance even though I had been rooting for him since his first audition.
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't they speak? :confused: It seems a bit suspicious that there is some deception going on seeing as the Star Wars films have clearly established that stormtroopers can speak while wearing their helmets.

Am I right in thinking that they don't speak because Storm Troopers don't speak in the Star Wars films? Feeds into the illusion that they are actual Storm Troopers, for the kids, I guess.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Am I right in thinking that they don't speak because Storm Troopers don't speak in the Star Wars films? Feeds into the illusion that they are actual Storm Troopers, for the kids, I guess.

That was my interpretation :)
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    nope.
  • David_Robinson1David_Robinson1 Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    They reached this far cause the force has been with them.

That's about right. It just shows how many sad Star Wars fans there are about :)
  • soma_soma_ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    terrible act. part of that routine mimicking sex acts is not suitable for kids!
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    soma_ wrote: »

Boogie Storm were mimicking sex acts?! :confused: Sure you didn't mean to post that in the Fifth Harmony thread?
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soma_ wrote: »

Glad someone else noticed that too!

Were they trying, and, like the rest of their cavorting, failing miserably to twerk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought the polar bears were better to be honest, but they didnt have the Cowell seal of approval. Well, they did, but not as much as Boogie Storm.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were George Sampson and some of Diversity underneath those costumes. Their routine last night was mediocre - the Micheal Jackson thing is overdone to the max. Next time, I'd like to see something a bit more fun - seeing some Storm Troopers doing the Macarena would be something to behold.

Macarena is a good idea. What else should they do? Jive, twist, ballroom stuff? (They probably can't do any of that in those suits though. They could do the Conga! Actually what I would really like to see them do is Riverdance.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Its all about the hype with them and the manipulation of the show. They have the 'simons golden buzzer' tag behind them so they must be brilliant right?
    Of course they also got a prime slot in the semi final, a standing ovation and great comments from all the judges. It was all manipulated to get them through and it worked despite the act being very average.

I think that's what it boils down to. I did laugh when they were doing ballet moves, but overall the dancing was very average. The large dancing group of young guys was far better. But alas, no gimmick or backing from the dark lord. :D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    Macarena is a good idea. What else should they do? Jive, twist, ballroom stuff? (They probably can't do any of that in those suits though. They could do the Conga! Actually what I would really like to see them do is Riverdance.
    This is what I was saying. The Swan Lake part of their semi was priceless. We didn't need great dancing from them just humorous dancing as it's the costumes that make the act. Doing famous silly routines like the Macarena and the Conga in the final could have won them the final.