• Options
    beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    Has anyone stayed in The Wellington?
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not stay in the hotel Pennsylvania in any circumstances! It may be cheap and in a good central location but it is crawling with bugs, is filthy dirty, is very unsafe as room doors do not lock properly, and can take an hour to check in because the hotel is massive but only has one or two people on check-in. No point in complaining as they just shrug and a walk away.

I stayed there once :o:o It was truly terrifying!!
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stayed in the Edison in Time Square and it was a nice clean hotel, right in the centre of town with easy access to multiple subway lines.
    No bed bugs that I found
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    My son went to this hotel a few years ago now and brought back surprise migrants, After doing some research it seems bed bugs are a huge problem in New York.

A recent t.v. programme about female Pest Controllers showed that Bed Bugs are resistant to all insecticides, the only way to get rid of them is with steam heat treatment which is expensive. If you bring them home in your luggage you will have a problem in your own home.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mitchell2k4mitchell2k4 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    beast1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in The Wellington?

I've stayed in the Wellington twice - it's in need of a face lift but is very clean, there is good service and it's central!
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stayed in The Edison, The Ameritania and the Lexington hotels and they were all decent, clean and close to Times Square & Broadway.

I haven't been to New York for awhile and there are new, exciting ways to get a great deal on apartments, B & B's etc.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    I've stayed in The Edison, The Ameritania and the Lexington hotels and they were all decent, clean and close to Times Square & Broadway.

I haven't been to New York for awhile and there are new, exciting ways to get a great deal on apartments, B & B's etc.

I wouldn't risk it. Short term apartment rentals are illegal in New York.
  • Options
    CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    A recent t.v. programme about female Pest Controllers showed that Bed Bugs are resistant to all insecticides, the only way to get rid of them is with steam heat treatment which is expensive. If you bring them home in your luggage you will have a problem in your own home.

Urgh, what a stressful thought...I wonder you can do....boil wash? :-/ *skin crawls*