Options

Primark kidnap teenagers sentenced to three years four months' detention

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Breaking on the BBC. I can only assume they feel that they can work with them to rehabilitate them, even though they still apparently refuse to reveal why they did it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36829391

Comments

• Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean that they feel they can work to rehabilitate them?

I would hope they would be doing this anyway due to their ages, they will need a lot of work.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some punctuation in your thread title wouldn't go amiss. I'm sure Primark aren't kidnapping teenagers are they...
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are doing that at such a young age, there is no hope.
  • Options
    St DabeocSt Dabeoc Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some punctuation in your thread title wouldn't go amiss. I'm sure Primark aren't kidnapping teenagers are they...

exactly
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I think their parents have a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard about this on PM on the way home.

I may have misunderstood, but it seemed the trial judge wasn't over HP about the sentence, implying that hands were tied regarding the length of sentence.

Someone who is more attentive than me may be able to confirm whether or not I am typing rot.:)

What was most disturbing is that the girls were researching some pretty nasty stuff on the internet.

One thing that is worth a mention in this, is the actions of the police; every police officer in town was assigned to looking out for the little girl, and using local knowledge they got her back in an hour and a half.

The police sometimes get a kicking, but they also deserve a pat on the back, and I think this is one of those times:p
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,544
    Forum Member
    St Dabeoc wrote: »
    exactly

I beg to disagree. The headline as written refers to 'kidnap teenagers' as a compound noun.

Sounds like a fair sentence to me, given the girls ages and assuming that continuous assessment and rehabilitation will be provided.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that I mind, it's just a very long detention. There's only so many times you can write "I must not kidnap little kids" before it all gets a bit stale
    :kitty:
  • Options
    LindaDanversLindaDanvers Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    This is such a disturbing case but for once I think the sentencing is approrpaite. They are very young girls who clearly have pre-existing issues and can hopefully be rehabilitated. It's refreshing to see a judge doing a good job for a change.