Options

When and how did you find Digital Spy Forums and how long have you been a member?

Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm curious I've been on this forum for nearly 2 years now and its felt like such a tight knit community that I can remember some of the users from the top of my head. How did you find Digital Spy Forums and How long have you been on it and How have you enjoyed it so far, also what do you like most about it?

Comments

• Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it online and joined in about 2002. I then forgot my login details after a while and came back to it in about 2003/4?
    I do enjoy reading the threads but sometimes some threads do get "aerated" lol
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Been here a while lol :D

My post count doesn't do it justice though....
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big brother back in the day....like so many others.,
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure i think its about 3 or so years, seems like a lifetime though :D
  • Options
    Kid BKid B Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was headhunted.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it down the back of the sofa...I thought it was an old olive and was going to throw it away at first, but then I saw all the writing on the back of it.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like so many joiners in the naughties, Big Brother.

Lurked for some years then finally joined sometime during BB5.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Found it in about 2002 looking for info on ITV on Sky. About to be banned, so RIP me under various names 2002-2016.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    While looking at the showbiz pages on the main site I noticed it had a forum so I thought I would join.

That was June 2012 if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've recorded media since reel to reel audio tape, through C90s, VCRs, DVDs, but when I wanted to buy my first PVR I received great advice on this forum and stayed.

I'd heard about it some years before on blueyonder's private forum, or may have been a mailing list. Can't quite remember, but it was only available to Cable customers. Istr one of the DS founder members posting about it.

I dip in and out of things I like doing, rather than keep at one thing, so I'll probably disappear soon and then I wont be here until I come back again. :)
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I can't be certain but it was either Big Brother or Strictly Come Dancing. If I remember correctly I found it in a search for spoilers.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Found it on the bookmark bar of a work pc. Lurked for a few months & joined (for BB again).
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2009, i didn't join until a year later though, then i left for a bit, forgot what my username and password was and returned in 2013 under a new name :p
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Early 2000s. Digital Spy articles kept appearing in my Google search results for showbiz news. So I checked out the site. Saw it had a lively, even back then, discussion forum. I lurked for ages before I registered once in 2002 but lost my login so reregistered a year later.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably circa 2002 for BB. Then promptly forgot all about it. Pc died and went without for a long while.
    Bought a new pc 2006, googling something brought me to general discussion, couldn't remember the old username or password or email as too many years had passed so registered anew.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV digital were going belly up, and I needed to find a source of information.

I typed 'digital news', or 'digital TV', or somesuch in to a search engine....!
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Big brother back in the day....like so many others.,
    bspace wrote: »
    Like so many joiners in the naughties, Big Brother.

Lurked for some years then finally joined sometime during BB5.

Was that how DigitalSpy came about, Big Brother?
  • Options
    Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for the interesting read guys. Me personally I was looking up Doctor Who news for a new series and there was a digital spy article about things that might be happening in it then I saw forums on the top and clicked on it, I wandered for a bit and got addicted to BB, TV Shows UK, General talk and the cult subforums and signed up.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that how DigitalSpy came about, Big Brother?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Spy
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always found this place only the forums through googling. May have been 2008. I was always looking for Sky London tuning codes and other Sky TV frequency stuff. Was always lurking until one year I decided to register.

Apart from that it feels like most forums. At least this isn't flooded with animated avatars and gigantic signatures.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found it in 2007 looking for music reviews, joined in mid-2008 for... Big Brother :blush::cry:
  • Options
    BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to use AOL for Big Brother chat, then used DigitalSpy. Probably around 2004 or so.
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either late 1999 or 2000 but for some long forgotten reason I created a new account in 2004. I think I wanted to change my user name and obviously it wasn't allowed. Though I honestly couldn't say what my original name was and I can't even remember why I chose Zeropoint1 as a new name, it must have had some significance 12 years ago but what with my s*** memory syndrome and the mists of time i really can't remember.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure i think its about 3 or so years, seems like a lifetime though :D

You might look at your join date. That would be a good start. Just over six years for you.

:D

Personally. Jan 2002.
  • Options
    Tiger RagTiger Rag Posts: 6,559
    Forum Member
    Googling. I wanted to try and some slightly more "grown up" forums.