Options

Why do we still judge women who enjoy sex?

Comments

• Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair, I don't remember Justin Bieber being put down for his whole "virgin till marriage" lie, anywhere near as much as Miley Cyrus has been put down for merely dressing like a "****". Same with Michael Phelps too. He was praised for claiming he was happy to be a virgin.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never happens, eh..?.

I've been on this earth for 46 years and my lack of experience with the fairer sex is, of course, fairly well documented on DS.

I can categorically state that I have never once ever been called a "beta".

I've never been "sex shamed" either. Maybe I live in a parallel timeline ?

Maybe I really am married to Rachel Riley ? :D
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women give the harshest labels to other women. There's no pretending its not true.
  • Options
    Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Current thinking re men vs women and masturbation link
  • Options
    ThatGuy11200ThatGuy11200 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_One wrote: »
    Plenty of men have been with hundreds of women who don't exactly boast about it, yet even the one's who do boast about it in some sort of way are still seen as good/nice men. Women on the other hand...

We're still old fashioned when it comes to so-called morals. Morals that once viewed gay people as wrong.

Don't those men get called womanisers? That word has negative implications.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    D***** wrote: »
    Men fear women who sleep around. It's biologically hardwired into the male psyche to never settle down with a woman who sleeps with lots of people. Also a lot of women see promiscuous women as a threat.

They are the reasons but to judge someone for their choices is wrong. Live and let live.

Men don't have any issue with promiscuity in women. If anything, deep down, they admire it.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro77 wrote: »
    Why do we still judge women who enjoy sex?

Don't know - mystery to me.

I certainly don't.
  • Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no they aren't, some might be, but stop with the generalisations

This whole thread is based on generalisations?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't those men get called womanisers? That word has negative implications.

Nowhere near as bad and it just implies that he's able to get women. With us women, we're always slated for being "used up".

I'd love to know how many men here are attacked on a regular basis for being a womaniser though :D I was called a **** on this forum just a couple of days ago and I can't even tell you the things I get on Youtube :p
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Nowhere near as bad and it just implies that he's able to get women. With us women, we're always slated for being "used up".

I'd love to know how many men here are attacked on a regular basis for being a womaniser though :D I was called a **** on this forum just a couple of days ago and I can't even tell you the things I get on Youtube :p

Bucket fanny and other derogatory terms for women that have had more than one sexual partner.
    Do some men really believe that a vagina can differentiate between penis's and will stretch out of all recognition if it accommodates too many different ones but will magically stay the same if it stays faithful to the same penis?
    Is my vagina really going to deteriorate faster if I have sex once a week with a different man each time than if I have sex once a week with my husband?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bucket fanny and other derogatory terms for women that have had more than one sexual partner.
    Do some men really believe that a vagina can differentiate between penis's and will stretch out of all recognition if it accommodates too many different ones but will magically stay the same if it stays faithful to the same penis?
    Is my vagina really going to deteriorate faster if I have sex once a week with a different man each time than if I have sex once a week with my husband?

That exactly what I asked the charmer who posted 3 **** shaming threads on the music board. He never answered the question, but told me I need to repent for being a **** :p

It's sadder when women do it. Know your anatomy ladies.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we all promise never to judge a woman on how many sexual partners she has had ever again....can we still judge people for going on Big Brother?
  • Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That exactly what I asked the charmer who posted 3 **** shaming threads on the music board. He never answered the question, but told me I need to repent for being a **** :p

It's sadder when women do it. Know your anatomy ladies.

He was just trolling rather obnoxiously. You handled it well. :D

I tend to steer clear of judgemental people as they are full of double standards, and would rather not give my time to such. I never judge others. Women who do that to other women are perhaps insecure or cannot think outside the box.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Missli wrote: »
    Women who do that to other women are perhaps insecure or cannot think outside the box.

I'm sure there's a joke to be had somewhere in there.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a hateful double standard.

I really don't see why people care what people get up to as long as they're not harming anyone.

Live and let live

Anyone who has this antiquated notion that a woman is a slapper and a man is a stud is unlikely to be getting laid in any case :D
    You always talk sense. Saves me typing more. Thanks. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I suspect their "fear" is that they wont match up to previous partners.;-)
    Terrible ;-) No certain posters coming to have a go at you Wow! :o:o

Everyone is being rated you know blowjobs! ;-)

:p
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    Terrible ;-) No certain posters coming to have a go at you Wow! :o:o

Everyone is being rated you know blowjobs! ;-)

:p

I know! :o I'm totally shocked about that too. I had my hard hat on ready.:D

Although, my comment was entirely tongue in cheek.;-)

As for the last part of your comment......

Mooooooooving on........:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    I know! :o I'm totally shocked about that too. I had my hard hat on ready.:D

Although, my comment was entirely tongue in cheek.;-)

As for the last part of your comment......

Mooooooooving on........:blush:
    You did rather put your foot in it over on BB forums! :D:D

I only mentioned it as it was a fitting reply here though! :p

Go to politics, i'm sure I wont be able to mention it there ever! lol..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missli wrote: »
    He was just trolling rather obnoxiously. You handled it well. :D

I tend to steer clear of judgemental people as they are full of double standards, and would rather not give my time to such. I never judge others. Women who do that to other women are perhaps insecure or cannot think outside the box.

I'm now at the point that I've been called a **** and **** online so much, that I think it's fun just to mess with the saddos instead of taking it seriously.

I think some women also do it to appear more special to men. A bit of a "look at me, I'm ****-shaming, so clearly I'm not a ****" type of thing. Pathetic if true.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    I rather admire women who admit openly to liking sex. Fortunately I am married to one of them.....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    I rather admire women who admit openly to liking sex. Fortunately I am married to one of them.....:)

Me too.

I wonder how many men who prefer the "girl next door|" types, would actually quickly become bored if those girls never matured in the bedroom. If they always acted like the inexperienced virgins so many seem to want, how long would it be before the men are after a "slag"?

Or is that where the whole "lady in the streets, freak in the sheets" thing comes up? Basically, I want you to love sex, but only with me.
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Me too.

I wonder how many men who prefer the "girl next door|" types, would actually quickly become bored if those girls never matured in the bedroom. If they always acted like the inexperienced virgins so many seem to want, how long would it be before the men are after a "slag"?

Or is that where the whole "lady in the streets, freak in the sheets" thing comes up? Basically, I want you to love sex, but only with me.

Most people aren't so insecure or narcissistic.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's yet another tag where it's completely irrelevant where the person is on the spectrum.

A woman could be happily married for 12 years. But then if she gets divorced and 6 months later has a couple of one night stands, if people found out there'd be enough of then who would jump at the chance of tagging her as the village ****.

To me it's always been far more about people's own issues and the inexplicable need to stick their nose in other people's business, and why they're incapable of living and let living... than it is about how many people so and so slept with.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the sex shaming of men, no man ever gets called a beta, loser or told to "man up" because of his lack of experience in that department?

As I've said MANY times, nobody in actual real life says "beta" in this context. Maybe a couple of idiots who don't realise Reddit isn't representative of anything, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Castle SaburacCastle Saburac Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I couldn't care less how many people someone else has shagged or is shagging. People need to mind their own business.