Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Oh God, I've quite liked Harvester when I've been there but that ad is so cheesy, trying to make a song/rap out of them cooking and taking orders :eek:
    I hope that you don't mind me mentioning, but I think that you missed a "C" after the word song :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AXA assurance, not quite sure what all those people rudely pushing each other has to do with car insurance, unless it is saying, "Look if you insure with us, then you can drive your car like this", watch out for Axa insured drivers folks
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    I really hate the ad for My 50 plus clothes catalogue. That woman makes my blood boil and the daughter saying" Mum still has it", well she can keep it! As if a friend would say,"Looking gorgeous as usual". The husband must earn a fortune just to keep her in clothes.

I feel the same way about the Julipa ad; ' We love shopping at Julipa!! ' :D I'm just glad the camera doesn't follow the nanas into the lingerie section :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Jasper Jordan ad with that guy adjusting the young woman's under-wear, as you know I'm an actor/entertainer, well I auditioned for and was offered that part, but the money wasn't right, I couldn't afford to pay that much
  • dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Istvan wrote: »
    the Jasper Jordan ad with that guy adjusting the young woman's under-wear, as you know I'm an actor/entertainer, well I auditioned for and was offered that part, but the money wasn't right, I couldn't afford to pay that much

:eek:
    :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I can't remember it exactly but it's been on a while, but really annoying.

"Have you ever surfed upside down on a boat in the Bahamas? .... Why not!?"
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sky Broadband one - it makes me want to retch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Istvan wrote: »
    Aye lad it's grim up North London

Private Eye fan I see:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bradders wrote: »
    oh yes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renault Clio, what HAVE those pictures got to do with the car, from me it's the video equivalent of infant school, "Now children, take these colored shapes and stick them together to make nice picture to take home to mummy" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which brand is it who advertise on Dave with 'characters'?

I'd love to slap the smug bunch of North London bastards.
    well you know the difference between North London and South London.
    In North London they have Blue Plaques on buildings saying "A famous person lived here",
    in South London we have Yellow signs on the pavement saying "Did you see this murder"
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    Oh, and the Tombola sponsor before and after Emmerdale.

All saddo's who spend their lives playing Bingo online and chatting to each other, then all meet up at the fair? All ugly too which is no suprise with them being internetters.

Oh, the irony :rolleyes:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member

Really annoying :mad:
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloody Direct Line Lamdlord Insurance. WHY is this on ALL the time!
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest the Special K Little Bags advert.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GO compare Go compare! that advert drives me nuts. lol
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clock in the Churchill shop is stopped at 10 past 11, or else that is the only time he gets any customers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member

"Have you ever done something...REALLY CRAZY?!"

What? Like take a bunch of crack and then go to a strip joint and knock back tequilas with Jimmy Saville?

"No...like stand on a small surfboard in a wavepool on a boat..."
  • PheealPheeal Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Still reeling out the QuickQuid, GladstoneBrookes PPI, Direct Line adverts during every ad break I see (mainly Sky Sports News from my experience).

Luckily they've cut the QuickQuid advert so that it's no longer "so quick and simple" but still as infuriating as ever as that smug bint is still grinning gleefully at the fact she's skint (and has been for the past 12+months). :yawn:

GladstoneBrookes - I'm guessing that I have no need to fear calling your "claims unit now..." before my chance to reclaim my money ends...as you've used the same ad for the past 12+months also! :yawn:

And a new contender in the most annoying ads = Jacamo. Voiceover by Johnny (someone is strangling me) Vegas and starring an anoying bunch of fat tw*ts pretending to be plain-clothed police officers/detectives. The chubbier guy with the "pig-nose" gets right on my nerves. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    "Have you ever done something...REALLY CRAZY?!"

What? Like take a bunch of crack and then go to a strip joint and knock back tequilas with Jimmy Saville?

"No...like stand on a small surfboard in a wavepool on a boat..."

I think that is quite possibly the funniest thing i've ever read. Just made me spit my tea out.

x
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Maybe not an actual ad so much as trailer..... on the Comedy Channel these regular repeated little 'chat's with ha ha I've actually forgotten his REAL name David Brent, talking about the American Office...... it's always the same chat. It doesn't progress. It's just repeated over and over and over. Usually inbetween breaks of Two and a Half Men. The comedy tosser who's name I've forgot in unbelievably insincere and its SO FAKE and if its meant to be funny then it isn't that either. The US production bought the rights to that show, it is not 'owned' in the US by its UK creator. I think they must have literally put a gun to his head and asked him to do a little 2 min sketch or something cos that's what it looks like. 2 people held hostage forced to chat about The American Office or they'll have their heads blown off.
    Forum Member
    The ad where you can borrow money even if it's just for a few days.

Small print at the bottom APR 2,456.8% SAY WHAT??? When guys in council estates were doing that it was stopped by the police. Now you can do it legitimately. Eh hang on a minute. Shouldn't crime be left to criminals? Not stopped and then replaced by authorised companies. Roll on shops selling bags of heroin and wraps of crack........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Maybe not an actual ad so much as trailer..... on the Comedy Channel these regular repeated little 'chat's with ha ha I've actually forgotten his REAL name David Brent, talking about the American Office...... it's always the same chat. It doesn't progress. It's just repeated over and over and over. Usually inbetween breaks of Two and a Half Men. The comedy tosser who's name I've forgot in unbelievably insincere and its SO FAKE and if its meant to be funny then it isn't that either. The US production bought the rights to that show, it is not 'owned' in the US by its UK creator. I think they must have literally put a gun to his head and asked him to do a little 2 min sketch or something cos that's what it looks like. 2 people held hostage forced to chat about The American Office or they'll have their heads blown off.

Ricky Gervais.

To be fair his humour is supposed to be disingenuous and incredibly smarmy.
    Forum Member

Aw I haven't read PE in years. Why is it grim up North Lon - are they talking Wood Green, Tottenham, Haringey etc?
    Forum Member
    Ricky Gervais.

To be fair his humour is supposed to be disingenuous and incredibly smarmy.

Ah. Thank you. Yeh I agree to some extent but then it's actually him being himself and not in character or 'performing' and he's meant to be saying how even though he wrote the UK one and the US one is different he finds it funny and there's a very pointed bit where he looks as if he's literally been legally enforced to say 'people assume we take credit for the US version but we didn't have anything to do with it' or suchlike.

I never used to be a Brent Hater but I am now!
This discussion has been closed.