Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dormouse wrote: »
    Specifically a certain tenor who makes a living off singing Nessun Dorma a third down. Very rude to the sound guys. NEVER be rude to the sound guys. Not sensible if you want to sound good.

Russell Watson? Alfie Boe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicest celeb I ever met was Bob Hope.

Babs Windsor, Gloria Hunniford and Christopher Biggins are wonderful, full of fun and speaks to everyone.

Gary Barlow, nice enough but boring.

But Kim Kardashian for some unknown reason thinks she's a super star and surrounds herself with huge bodyguards, and will not talk to anyone off camera.

Excited to meet Bradley Wiggins but very demanding.. I guess he was having a bad day
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Specifically a certain tenor who makes a living off singing Nessun Dorma a third down. Very rude to the sound guys. NEVER be rude to the sound guys. Not sensible if you want to sound good.

Is that the same as don't p*** off the autocue operators too?
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Agree that Kim Wilde is absolutely lovely. I've done lots of backing singing (and met quite a few celebs), and she was just a treat. In fact, I didn't recognise her, and assumed she was production crew, because she was so warm, chatty, and friendly!

Others:

Rod Stewart's an absolute gent (and very short...).
    Donny Osmond also (and I'd like the number of his plastic surgeon and his dentist, please)
    Parky's a cheeky one, in a good way
    Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) - funny, scatty, sweet, and very pretty
    Anna Friel - used to live near her, very normal
    Richard Briers - used to live opposite him; a really decent "neighbour" to the extent you'd forget who he was!

Bad-uns:

Certain Popera "stars"...I'll say no more.

Do they sound similar to divas?
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband used to work for a company that shared the premises with a chauffer company who had the contract to transport VIP's to Hoylake golf course during the open.

One of the drivers -Mike- came back with a funny story.

He'd dropped some people off at the course and a guy he knew walked past. Mike said hello and asked how he was. The guy replied I'm OK, how are you? Mike was surprised that he had an American accent and couldn't place him, but knew he'd seen him around. Another VIP walked past and said "Hi George, how are you?"

Mike suddenly realised that he'd been chatting to George Clooney, !!
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    The nicest and most cheerful and upbeat person on Twitter is someone whom I'm very pleased to follow and who has RT'd me several times and answered me too now and then. Pete Best - the Beatles' drummer from 1960-62 whom they dumped in favour of Ringo just when they hit the big time. He is a great man and someone whom I've a great deal of time for. Check him out. :)

Lots of other good people on Twitter - but I'm still on cloud 9 at the moment because Ian Rankin RT'd me yesterday and spoke to me there. He is, of course, a very good and famous author, writer of the Inspector Rebus novels. :)[/QUOTE]

I was talking to someone who works in a large bookstore and he speaks very highly of Ian Rankin.

Met him an Edinburgh bookstore and he happily stood talking to my Grandma for about 15 minutes as she is a huge fan of his books. We sweet and very normal man. You would never have guessed he was this famous author.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Gareth Malone is a very good actor...
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If celebrities don't want attention, why the hell did they choose a career where getting attention was a certainty?
    They are only concerned with the bigger audience, if there are no cameras there they don't want to know.
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Bit much towards the guy that actually hired him.

That guy may have wanted to use him again for something else.

I know if someone said to me in the same situation, 'Let's use Lenny Henry again, as he was good last time', I would point out what happened in that situation.

Thankfully the job I'm in does not involve me in that sort of thing!

It was horrible, the poor bloke was humiliated in front of everyone in the bar and he had paid Henry a lot of money to be unfunny that night,a lot of us heard what he said and I think the word went round and nobody hires him for those sort of events anymore.... What annoys me more is his Children in need stuff, he doesn't give a toss, the way he spoke to those kids at the station was disgusting.
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I find puzzling about the witch that is Cilla Black is that she is apparently best mates with someone who IS (by all accounts) a nice person - Paul O'Grady! I usually go by the old saying 'you can judge a man by the company he keeps' so I'm starting to go off him now.

I'm beginning to think that when you hear one celebrity say of another 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness' that the mean 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness - to other people in showbusiness - but if you're a pleb - forget it!'

Spot on there.

Cilla is fine with other famous people but how she treats the public is a different matter.

A workmate was telling me about a relative who did building work for her a few years ago and she was an absolute b*tch. She spoke in her 'real' accent too which is nothing like the fake scouse one she uses. He said he'd never been treated so badly and would never work for her again.

Thank God we don't see much of her on tv anymore.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member

This. Oh SO this.

It's so easy to strip out or overload a frequency and make a perfectly pleasant speaker or singer sound reedy or muddy. Killing off the upper partial harmonics will turn any voice or instrument into a pancake of uninspiring noise. "Forget" a filter, and the speaker's voice is broadcast to the nation with all its accompanying spit pops and lip smacks - and even a few which aren't actually really there at all.

Three people you never upset: the VAT inspector, the waiter, and the sound engineer.

Not that I would ever be caught doing such things, you understand.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »
    She almost certainly has millions in the bank and there is no longer the need for her to work. Some showbiz types want to continue working until they are ga-ga or they drop but others prefer to bow out well before that.

Cough " Brucie " cough ;)
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    [/B]

Hmm I got it now ''come together from all over the world''
  • DormouseDormouse Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    This. Oh SO this.

It's so easy to strip out or overload a frequency and make a perfectly pleasant speaker or singer sound reedy or muddy. Killing off the upper partial harmonics will turn any voice or instrument into a pancake of uninspiring noise. "Forget" a filter, and the speaker's voice is broadcast to the nation with all its accompanying spit pops and lip smacks - and even a few which aren't actually really there at all.

Three people you never upset: the VAT inspector, the waiter, and the sound engineer.

Not that I would ever be caught doing such things, you understand.

Mm-hmm. Best bit of career advice I ever had was "buy/make them coffee/tea, and bring them biscuits. They are your FRIENDS".

And to clarify, it's Mr Watson. I can forgive a certain amount of chippiness, as he seems to suffer badly from performance nerves, but being an out and out @rse doesn't work for me.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Hmm I got it now ''come together from all over the world''

:D:D:D - It's seems I was totally wrong again!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicest celeb I ever met was Bob Hope.

Babs Windsor, Gloria Hunniford and Christopher Biggins are wonderful, full of fun and speaks to everyone.

Gary Barlow, nice enough but boring.

But Kim Kardashian for some unknown reason thinks she's a super star and surrounds herself with huge bodyguards, and will not talk to anyone off camera.

Excited to meet Bradley Wiggins but very demanding.. I guess he was having a bad day

I'm a fan of his accomplishments but I hear he has quite a lot of bad days, as does his wife. A rather prickly pair:D

Though considering all that he's achieved I suppose you can see how he'd get a bit narked over the years that he hasn't had a lot of recognition. In his autobiography there is a part about how he came back from winning two gold medals at the 2008 Olympics, and expected a hero's reception at Sports Personality of the Year. Instead they stuck him at the back, didn't interview him, and his wife wasn't even allowed in. He should have been a household name long before 2012 really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I read this story from a young lady who volunteered at this charity gala last September which Alan Rickman was introducing. She went in place of her friend who couldn't go because she was undergoing chemotherapy. She went to meet him along with another volunteering friend at the interval and said she found him to be intimidating at first but actually very lovely and sweet signing everything including her unwell friend's Harry Potter book and also chatted about how they came to volunteer at the event amongst other things. A few months later, they flew to New York to see Alan Rickman's new Broadway show and at the stage door, when he saw them, he said that he remembered them from the charity event and asked about their friend. Needless to say, they were utterly surprised by his thoughtfulness and it just made their trip.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D - It's seems I was totally wrong again!!!

Me too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chippychip wrote: »
    I read this story from a young lady who volunteered at this charity gala last September which Alan Rickman was introducing. She went in place of her friend who couldn't go because she was undergoing chemotherapy. She went to meet him along with another volunteering friend at the interval and said she found him to be intimidating at first but actually very lovely and sweet signing everything including her unwell friend's Harry Potter book and also chatted about how they came to volunteer at the event amongst other things. A few months later, they flew to New York to see Alan Rickman's new Broadway show and at the stage door, when he saw them, he said that he remembered them from the charity event and asked about their friend. Needless to say, they were utterly surprised by his thoughtfulness and it just made their trip.

Another reason to love him. He's very sexy. And nice, it seems :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Met keith lemon today and cannot praise him highly enough, was absolutely magnificent with everyone who turned up, stayed for about an hour and a half after he was supposed to and was just downright down to earth, and such a lovely man, got a photo and a video of him dancing with me
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    Met keith lemon today and cannot praise him highly enough, was absolutely magnificent with everyone who turned up, stayed for about an hour and a half after he was supposed to and was just downright down to earth, and such a lovely man, got a photo and a video of him dancing with me

???

Keith Lemon is just a character.
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Have heard a lot of people say Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) is a really decent bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Bumped into the boyband The Wanted the other weekend. In a pub in Battersea. They were very nice,one of them even bought me a drink!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Helicase wrote: »
    ???

Keith Lemon is just a character.

He was in character, nevertheless, Leigh Francis is amazing in person, that better ?
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have heard a lot of people say Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) is a really decent bloke.

he is, he's so down to earth and happy to chat and actually asks you questions about where you're from, your life etc..
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my students in a creative writing group I teach told us today that when she was in London in the late '60s, she was carrying a stack of books; as she rounded a corner she crashed into a man and the books went everywhere. he began helping her pick them up when she suddenly realised who he was and said 'Oh my God, it's the Saint!' He did a little bow and said, 'The very same Madam.' He then asked if she'd like a cup of tea to which she replied yes and he took her to a cafe round the corner. He behaved like a perfect gentleman and they parted. She said he was the most beautiful bronze colour and stunningly handsome. Long live Roger Moore I say.