Don't like Fifa? Then try Forza 5 Day One Edition!

2»

Comments

• Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Any idea how you change it if you pre-ordered off the dash via MS themselves?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Any idea how you change it if you pre-ordered off the dash via MS themselves?

Might be worth checking out the MS web store, there might be order management or contact details there.

A friend of mine is freaking out because the recent dash update has screwed up his shipping details meaning he can't place his order.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate ShopTo right now. :sleep: They're getting some serious flak for this, rightly so. I wouldn't mind if their bundles were ok but it's all crap. Hopefully they change their tune.

I've always hated them to be honest. Bunch of cowboys in my view, at least when first starting out.

I had endless problems with an order years ago. When I phoned up about it the chap on the phone more or less went along the lines of "You don't want it then?! Cancelled!" and hung up on me. Refused to to business with them again.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick look on amazon and forza day one bundle is out of stock, and fifa bundle is back in stock. I wonder how many forza bundles were made available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think MS went about this the wrong way. It should have just been one online code which you enter and you get to pick which game you want. None of this adding another bundle later and confusing the customers who have ordered already and want to swap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I think MS went about this the wrong way. It should have just been one online code which you enter and you get to pick which game you want. None of this adding another bundle later and confusing the customers who have ordered already and want to swap.

MS are just fixing there latest screw up. When they announced the free fifa game they said it was for all pre orders but last week acey bongo said that it was for day one editions only. Looked like they didn't want more bad PR and also that they didn't want to buy extra copies of fifa from EA. I don't think ea were getting more than £10 per copy though?

I said from word go that it would make more sense to give forza away free to get an instant fan base, were they can try and flog DLC and make back some money.

It would have been nice to have had the option for fifa, forza, dr3 and ryse for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I forgot they have to pay EA so it's not as simple as letting people pick a game.

Just a bit annoyed, I hate football and have already pre-ordered Forza so would be nice to be able to swap. Just hope the company I've ordered from allow it.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too fussed. The Forza bundle will just have the base game and I've ordered the Day One edition from Game. I know that content will be available at some point but it's nice to have it at the start. And I like my steelbooks.
    Plus, I always get a footie game at some point for when the lads are around and it's nice not to pay for it.

All I'm bothered about now is Amazon getting my console to me on the Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Some of our friends over the pond aren't too happy about this. They didn't seem too fussed about us Brits getting FIFA, but Forza 5 has really pissed people off.

Although even if the yanks bought the console AND Forza, they'd still be getting it all cheaper than we're paying for the console and free game. I'm sure it's annoying to see another country get offered free stuff, but the people in America who are moaning about it really haven't done the maths...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Although even if the yanks bought the console AND Forza, they'd still be getting it all cheaper than we're paying for the console and free game. I'm sure it's annoying to see another country get offered free stuff, but the people in America who are moaning about it really haven't done the maths...

That has been pointed out to them, but the general attitude seems to be that many of them have spent months defending their home-grown contender from PS4 fans, and now they feel betrayed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm I've just been told by Very.co.uk they can't update my order so I get Forza instead of Fifa.

I can cancel and then re-order but then I would be worried I wouldn't get it on launch day. I would also lose the discount code I used :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah well, too much hassle as it would mean having to contact Tesco to split an order with them and I may lose a discount too I used. I guess I can just sell the Fifa code, should hopefully get a decent sum for it as people will be attracted to the fact they could get the game on the same day if they win it on ebay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    MS are just fixing there latest screw up. When they announced the free fifa game they said it was for all pre orders but last week acey bongo said that it was for day one editions only. Looked like they didn't want more bad PR and also that they didn't want to buy extra copies of fifa from EA. I don't think ea were getting more than £10 per copy though?

I said from word go that it would make more sense to give forza away free to get an instant fan base, were they can try and flog DLC and make back some money.

It would have been nice to have had the option for fifa, forza, dr3 and ryse for example.

MS were insisting that giving away free games had been planned for ages and wasn't a result below expectations pre-orders.

I call bullshit.

If that was the case, then all of this would have been planned ages ago and there would be none of this confusion. I reckon Forza was added at the last minute when the idiots in charge that just because you're British, you don't automatically love football.

I mean, seriously, announce one bundle and then add a different one weeks later that people can't change to. What a bunch of clowns.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Woot! at last! I managed to swap my FIFA 14 preorder for a FM5 bundle. ShopTo went about this in a really stupid way, they had a meeting with Microsoft today who allocated them some further Forza SKU's but have decided to split them up between three different times in order to allow everyone the chance the preorder or swap their current order.

The first batch went live at 16:30 today and the website is still not working, way to lose business ShopTo, why not just offer the people who were first to preorder the opportunity to swap? It took me about 15 minutes of staring at a loading screen to finally be greeted with the option, only for the website to time out, this happened 3 times, then I managed to get a message to confirm my swap and then it timed out again, but thankfully looking at my email it has gone though.

Anyone who thinks X1 isn't selling like hotcakes think again, especially with this Forza bundle.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Woot! at last! I managed to swap my FIFA 14 preorder for a FM5 bundle. ShopTo went about this in a really stupid way, they had a meeting with Microsoft today who allocated them some further Forza SKU's but have decided to split them up between three different times in order to allow everyone the chance the preorder or swap their current order.

The first batch went live at 16:30 today and the website is still not working, way to lose business ShopTo, why not just offer the people who were first to preorder the opportunity to swap? It took me about 15 minutes of staring at a loading screen to finally be greeted with the option, only for the website to time out, this happened 3 times, then I managed to get a message to confirm my swap and then it timed out again, but thankfully looking at my email it has gone though.

Anyone who thinks X1 isn't selling like hotcakes think again, especially with this Forza bundle.

Number 4 in Amazon video games best sellers
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn. Only buying the console for Forza and have preordered a Day One with Fifa. Hope Microsoft will allow the codes to be swapped.
    Forum Member
    I can offer you a swap of the codes come 22nd November. You want FIFA, I want Forza.

Lets do a deal...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.amazon.it/Console-Xbox-One-Motorsport-digitale/dp/B00EUB17HK/ref=lp_2785640031_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378627945&sr=1-1

If you don't mind going Italian then there amazon have it listed, I think it is sold out everywhere else in amazon euroland:D

Other than that you will have to hope for cancellations but by then your fifa bundle will have been despatched.

And to be fair, amazon france still have the fifa bundle available for pre order

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00CUGKF2A/ref=s9_dnav_bw_g63_ir01b1_a?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=1M1M6YARPJ069HD5RMTE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=417239647&pf_rd_i=2785614031

I am assuming that the redeem code will work in the uk, anyone say yes or no to that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the above, my mate just tried to order the forza bundle and they wont deliver to the uk, which is very unlike amazon in general.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Forza Day One pack is in stock anywhere? Can't seem to find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I can offer you a swap of the codes come 22nd November. You want FIFA, I want Forza.

Lets do a deal...

If it's possible to do, then yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Forza Day One pack is back in stock at GAME.

My finger hovered over the button, but I can't justify spending the best part of a grand on 2 consoles within a week of each other. :cry:
    Forum Member
    jonm01 wrote: »
    If it's possible to do, then yes.

See you on 22/11 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool, pm me if need be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a gold account then you will also get a free fitness game as well.

http://majornelson.com/2013/09/26/xbox-fitness-coming-to-xbox-one/

Today we announced Xbox Fitness is coming to Xbox One. The extensive library of videos from the world’s biggest fitness brands including Beachbody’s P90X (Tony Horton) and INSANITY (Shaun T), Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson and others, will be available for free with Xbox Live Gold memberships through December 2014. Using Kinect technology, Xbox Fitness can read your heart rate without a monitor, see which muscles are most engaged by measuring the power, force and transfer of weight in your body, and track the quality of your performance by measuring your balance, tempo and form.

I have to be honest and say that last year I did buy the insanity set and I got as far a week 4, xmas came along and I never went back. Will probably give this a try, since its free.