Overpopulation

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    They can now grow 'meat' in a lab. If this technology becomes cheap and mass produced, it could stop the need for farm land.

I'm sure the building industry would be thrilled. Nothing makes their stomach churn than that horrible green space, just think how many overprice flats they could fit there!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    if i wrote the sentence 'Climate change, pandemics, NEOs (Near Earth Objects - aka asteroids etc)' - if i thought NEOs was such a confusing term, that i had to define it. twice. i'd have just written the sentence thus:

Climate change, pandemics, asteroids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There's a paradigm shift underway. The fact is, there are only enough resources for a select number of individuals in this world. Clearly population control has to be implemented in some form as like everything, an ever expanding population is simply unsustainable.
    Look at the kids coming out of school, college and university who can't get a job. Just look around and you will see there are not too many happy people around these days.

The truth is the economy hit a brick wall several years ago (in the western world inparticular) and this was not unexpected, or at least shouldn't have been if you realise bad times follow good. The prime years for the west have been between the beginning of the 60's to the early 00's, which is about right given the cyclical nature of the beast. The western world and the capitalist model is running on fumes and doesn't have anything further to offer the world. The only thing most western countries are doing (mainly talking US and UK here at this point) is printing money to finance it's own debt. I think we all know what that eventually leads to. Anything finance based is doomed, whereas if you have plenty of natural resources, you are in a better position.

I haven't fully worked out exactly what population control methods will be used, but looking at the economic and banking situation since around 2007, I suspect poverty will ensue for the masses, hence death. The policies in place are that of totalitarianism / police state with a plan to limit a small percentage (say 1%, typically bankers and the world elite) access to any reasonable life from the limited and dwindling earth resources. Indeed, much of the world already lives in poverty and many people, typically British and American folks can not believe their country could possibly fall on such hard times.

The other possibility is world war 3, and this is looking ever more likely by the day. There has to be some kind of false flag event first, but be sure there will be one. Wiping out 99% of people is rather easy to execute when you have FULL control over everything.

If I was to be realistic, I don't think the scorched earth policy will be executed because I don't believe there to be a very imminent shortage of resources to justify this. What we are most likely to see over the next few years is a continued decline in living standards, more debt and more job insecurity. I feel this will accelerate however given we are around 6 years into the down phase since the start of the economic crisis beginning in 2007. Should things continue the way they are, I can easily envisage large percentages of the population living in cardboard boxes within 5 years. Go and look up food stamps and tent cities in the US if you want a direction as to the way things are heading.

That being said, the measures western world governments are taking to prop up the system are becoming increasingly more desperate, so it would not suprise me in the least if something 'bad' is just around the corner with the potential to take out a sizeable population in a short duration.