Options

UKIP Watch

Comments

• Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Don't think so. I suppose they wouldn't have the same entertainment value!

UKIP is so much more interesting, is that what you mean?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    allaorta wrote: »
    UKIP is so much more interesting, is that what you mean?

Interesting, yes. But not in a good way!
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Interesting, yes. But not in a good way!

Definitely not for people who want more of the same. For the people who don't, it is.

:D - LOL. It must make you quake in your Eco-Friendly sandals!
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for the proof that the "three main parties" are involved in some sort of paedophile ring, as alleged by MARTYM8. I would have thought that was obvious.

Linking to a website, where some unqualified nobody, makes accusations against some politicians, with nothing more than innuendo and guesses, is not evidence or proof that "three main parties" have some sort of paedophile protection polices.
    dekaf wrote: »
    No, you are not. You are expecting others to do it for you.

There are a lot of documents out there concerning this, just like there was about Jimmy Savile, years before his death.

It is evidence, silenced and covered up, not innuendo and guesses.

Seriously?????

I am not the one making the flippin' accusations. In case you are unfamiliar with the concept, the one who makes the allegations has the onus of providing the flippin' proof.

For goodness sake! I really never expected to ever have to explain that. :o

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT "THE THREE MAIN PARTIES" ARE INVOLVED IN CHILD ABUSE. WHAT ARE THE POLICIES OF THE "THE THREE MAIN PARTIES" THAT PROMOTES PAEDOPHILIA?

Sorry to have to shout, but I don't think you are listening very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ennerjee wrote: »
    Are there any "Tory Watch", "Labour Watch", "LibDem Watch", or "Green Watch" threads available?

They could catch on and promote their policies just as much as demote them in just the same way this "UKIP Watch" thread does.

It very much depends on what you think they should be watching. The vast majority of threads, in the Politics board, has a Labour, Tory, LibDem perspective. If those threads were condensed into just three threads called "......... Party Watch," there would over a million posts on each.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Seriously?????

I am not the one making the flippin' accusations. In case you are unfamiliar with the concept, the one who makes the allegations has the onus of providing the flippin' proof.

For goodness sake! I really never expected to ever have to explain that. :o

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT "THE THREE MAIN PARTIES" ARE INVOLVED IN CHILD ABUSE. WHAT ARE THE POLICIES OF THE "THE THREE MAIN PARTIES" THAT PROMOTES PAEDOPHILIA?

Sorry to have to shout, but I don't think you are listening very well.

Nor was I! However, the person who posted it, at your request, then posted a link. That wasn't suitable for you, because, and I quote, it was from "The Daily Heil".
    I then posted a very informative link. That too wasn't good enough for you either. So, how I see it is, it isn't up to others to keep finding links for you until you find one acceptable. If you really want to know, which I don't think you really do, because the link I sent, backed up what the poster was saying, you would pursue this yourself.

It is nothing to do with me not listening very well, but all I am hearing is a shouty, demanding child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nor was I! However, the person who posted it, at your request, then posted a link. That wasn't suitable for you, because, and I quote, it was from "The Daily Heil".
    I then posted a very informative link. That too wasn't good enough for you either. So, how I see it is, it isn't up to others to keep finding links for you until you find one acceptable. If you really want to know, which I don't think you really do, because the link I sent, backed up what the poster was saying, you would pursue this yourself.

It is nothing to do with me not listening very well, but all I am hearing is a shouty, demanding child.

There's a whole wad of info out there but Nessum Dorma won't accept it no matter what. Some of the stuff posted over the past couple of days is historical and Nessun would no doubt pick up on things like McAlpine won a court case for libel. To the apologists, that would translate into McAlpine being completely innocent.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good, some bad in the potential UKIP manifesto

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/08/why-ukips-new-manifesto-ideas-are-worrying

I agree with limiting benefits to migrants and limiting child benefit to 2 children.
    Taking min wage workers out of tax is just common sense and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet.
    I like their criticism of DRIP but I suspect that is down to a bit of populism.

No mention of the regressive consumption taxes (VAT, council tax, fuel duty etc) that keep poor people poor which is worrying.
    No mention of the elephant in the welfare room: pensions. Current spending on pensions is unsustainable and I don't see a party with the balls to tackle the issue.
    I don't like the 'strengthening border control' bit because I maintain that the only migration control we need is a requirement that all migrants coming to the UK be self sufficient and have no expectation of state support.

The big glaring omission though, and it is the same for all parties, is that they completely ignore the root cause of why there is so much public and private debt and thus inequality. I am talking about the fractional reserve ponzi scheme. Until that is tackled, anything else is akin to putting a sticky plaster over a leak in a dam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/08/why-ukips-new-manifesto-ideas-are-worrying

I agree with limiting benefits to migrants and limiting child benefit to 2 children.
    Taking min wage workers out of tax is just common sense and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

No mention of the regressive consumption taxes (VAT, council tax, fuel duty etc) that keep poor people poor which is worrying.
    No mention of the elephant in the welfare room: pensions. Current spending on pensions is unsustainable and I don't see a party with the balls to tackle the issue.
    I don't like the 'strengthening border control' bit because I maintain that the only migration control we need is a requirement that all migrants coming to the UK be self sufficient no expectation of state support.and have
    The big glaring omission though, and it is the same for all parties, is that they completely ignore the root cause of why there is so much public and private debt and thus inequality. I am talking about the fractional reserve ponzi scheme. Until that is tackled, anything else is akin to putting a sticky plaster over a leak in a dam.

You mean don't provide them with existing infrastructure, schools, hospitals, doctors and a plethora of other facilities necessary to exist in this country.
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nessun Dorma probably the most one-eyed individual in the history of the Internet.
    Why any of you still feed it I will never know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

I don't like the 'strengthening border control' bit because I maintain that the only migration control we need is a requirement that all migrants coming to the UK be self sufficient and have no expectation of state support.

People on the minimum wage are already exempt from paying income tax.
    However if you are unfortunate enough to earn one penny above the minimum wage under a UKIP government, then say hello to a hefty 31% income tax, the same rate paid by the banker in the City.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely it's common sense to want to strengthen our border controls to stop potential terrorists coming into our country?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on the minimum wage are already exempt from paying income tax.
    However if you are unfortunate enough to earn one penny above the minimum wage under a UKIP government, then say hello to a hefty 31% income tax, the same rate paid by the banker in the City.

Sorry to pick at holes, but they are not currently exempt.
  • Options
    Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Nigel Farage to fight South Thanet on 2015
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28937415
    Fantastic! I can't wait to see Cameron or Milliband get the "Van Rumpoy" treatment.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    Fantastic! I can't wait to see Cameron or Milliband get the "Van Rumpoy" treatment.
    They become President of the EU? :confused:

As for South Thanet - it makes a Tory safe seat into something unpredictable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think he will find the House of Commons far less forgiving than the chambers of the EU. It might be a good idea to let him have his one seat, it will mean he have to keep his mouth shut.

I wonder if the good people of Thanet are aware of his little foibles and customs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    They become President of the EU? :confused:

As for South Thanet - it makes a Tory safe seat into something unpredictable

You haven't seen this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqovTGjYjM4
    I can't see Milliband has any more charisma than Van Rumpoy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You haven't seen this?

I don't think I have ever heard anything so unprofessional, ungentlemanly or so cowardly. It is nothing better than a school bully berating some poor victim, with all his little mates around him to back him up. And when someone says all of that to Farage, he plays the victim card to aplomb.

And this man wants to be a proper grown-up Member of Parliament; they will eat him alive.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't seen this?
    Charisma - like Tony Blair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think I have ever heard anything so unprofessional, ungentlemanly or so cowardly. It is nothing better than a school bully berating some poor victim, with all his little mates around him to back him up. And when someone says all of that to Farage, he plays the victim card to aplomb.

If Herman van Rumpoy was "some poor victim", as you put it, should he really have been in a top job?

These people need someone to tell them the truth and ram it home hard!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Charisma - like Tony Blair?

No, I don't think we need another one of those - thank you...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he will find the House of Commons far less forgiving than the chambers of the EU. It might be a good idea to let him have his one seat, it will mean he have to keep his mouth shut.

I wonder if the good people of Thanet are aware of his little foibles and customs.

Somehow I don't think Nigel will be on his own in parliament after the next election and yes I will be voting UKIP!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Herman van Rumpoy was "some poor victim", as you put it, should he really have been in a top job?

These people need someone to tell them the truth and ram it home hard!

There is no truth in the language Farage used. That was just a tirade of abuse and insults. If that is what he counts as political debate, he won't last five minutes in the House of Commons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow I don't think Nigel will be on his own in parliament after the next election and yes I will be voting UKIP!

LOL :D How many are you hoping for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL :D How many are you hoping for?

Twenty would be nice - it could be more...:D