Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if LM will continue the soldier theme into album 3?

Album 1: Stereo Soldier Album 2: Salute 3: ??

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'd love a song like this for album 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zdRrSfYI424

If we're talking Britney, this is the sound to go for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcoGD42a4ds

With Jesy leading of course ^_^!
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if LM will continue the soldier theme into album 3?

Album 1: Stereo Soldier Album 2: Salute 3: ??

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'd love a song like this for album 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zdRrSfYI424

I wouldn't mind a club banger that remixed the girls vocals. Harder to perform live than other versions. A song like Call My Name or Only Girl (In The World) would work well. I suppose Salute wasn't far off. Given the venue whatever song they sing tomorrow probably won't have a lot of production on it - hopefully they'll silence all the people who say the girls can't/don't sing live.

I don't know why but I feel the girls might go a bit softer this third album, focus on 'love' or 'fun' rather than growing up, assertiveness and independence. I would be very up for a clear theme though, I liked that Salute had one running thru it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/pRYz7XvQQ-/?modal=true

:(

I still feel sad about this. Such a shame.
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just saw it too. They're so cute together. I ship it. :p
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sigh. Truly :(:(. This photo made me really happy when it was first posted.

As for Jake and Jesy, they're very cute.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cute. Do Rixton have a good album? i.e. are they going to take off or be Union J level? Me and My Broken Heart is catchy, he sounds so like Adam Levine.

One of the 5SOS boys is going to make a move on Jade next I bet, they rave about LM. Although god the girls don't need any more rabid fan girls wishing them harm.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I feel the girls might go a bit softer this third album, focus on 'love' or 'fun' rather than growing up, assertiveness and independence. I would be very up for a clear theme though, I liked that Salute had one running thru it.

Yes to the theme even if its not overt. I also wonder if they are growing out of the youthful defiance phase of their songwriting which would minimize the Us vs. The Haterz type of songs. I liked the quirkiness of what we've heard on their IG so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Just saw it too. They're so cute together. I ship it. :p

I still miss Jordsey but whatever. :p
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love catching up on this forum when I've been offline a few days :)

Sad news about Simone :( Ugly Heart is such a good bop! Hope she's resting in peace :(

As for the Palladium show, I love all your theories. I don't think a new single is out of the question completely. Fair enough it might not happen but we also need to remember that before this week off the girls have been in constant prep mode for almost two months.

They could have easily been rehearsing a single for 3 weeks before their week off. We never know.

Crossing fingers anyway lol :\

Oh, and Jesy & Jake from Rixton are literally a match made in heaven! They really suit each other :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cute. Do Rixton have a good album? i.e. are they going to take off or be Union J level? Me and My Broken Heart is catchy, he sounds so like Adam Levine.

One of the 5SOS boys is going to make a move on Jade next I bet, they rave about LM. Although god the girls don't need any more rabid fan girls wishing them harm.

Rixton are going to take off bigger than Union J, in my opinion. They are already making strides in the US and other places.

Ew to 5SOS, apart from Calum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss Jordsey but whatever. :p

It's crazy how Jesy hasn't got back with him though. They're always on and off for years now.

Being with someone new is more healthy than going back to that same old comfort zone I think.
  • Fin_BrownFin_Brown Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Am I missing something?

*Edit* OMG I just heard :(:(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rixton are going to take off bigger than Union J, in my opinion. They are already making strides in the US and other places.

Ew to 5SOS, apart from Calum.

No. Luke is cuter than Calum though...

Not sorry. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    No. Luke is cuter than Calum though...

Not sorry. :blush:

Jordan didn't seem committed, because theyve known each other so long. He thought Jesy would run back to him. Glad that's not the case this time.

You did not just say Luke is cuter than Calum..:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordan didn't seem committed, because theyve known each other so long. He thought Jesy would run back to him. Glad that's not the case this time.

You did not just say Luke is cuter than Calum..:o

Jordan just seemed really laid back. Sometimes a girl needs excitement. He seemed really nice but just maybe too bland.

Some girls are only screaming over Calum because of that photo. Ugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's being reported Simone died from an apparent hanging. Horrible.

I hope this is a wake up call to any artist, or anybody for that matter, suffering from a mental illness and they go and seek the help they need.

It just shows you that you never know who is suffering. Hope to god none of Little Mix are going through the same thing (as selfish as that sounds). It's just awful.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    It's being reported Simone died from an apparent hanging. Horrible.

I hope this is a wake up call to any artist, or anybody for that matter, suffering from a mental illness and they go and seek the help they need.

It just shows you that you never know who is suffering. Hope to god none of Little Mix are going through the same thing (as selfish as that sounds). It's just awful.

BIB: yes! the last person id expect suicide from was simone, she looked so happy that she was finally taking off in the music world, I really thought she was on cloud 9, always so energetic during all performances... she was the best girl group performer out there right now, since her audition in the x factor us you could tell how badly she wanted this; I remember as usual Simon saw what no one else could (her star potential), rip... :(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crs5W1td5v0

_____
    and jesy commented on the picture :)
    https://twitter.com/LMUpdatesWW/status/508269769393704960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's stop with the "insensitive" brush right now.

There was absolutely nothing in what I wrote but an observation that when we are finally seeing some girl groups being on the verge of breakout success, something unfortunate has happened to them. That's it. Because LM is the only group I do follow, I am grateful that has not happened to them, knock on wood.

Insensitive is speculating on the manner of someone's death.

I really feel for the other group members. Not only have they lost a close friend and colleague but their own futures are something they have to be concerned about when they have time to think about it. The same with the Korean group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's stop with the "insensitive" brush right now.

There was absolutely nothing in what I wrote but an observation that when we are finally seeing some girl groups being on the verge of breakout success, something unfortunate has happened to them. That's it. Because LM is the only group I do follow, I am grateful that has not happened to them, knock on wood.

Insensitive is speculating on the manner of someone's death.

I really feel for the other group members. Not only have they lost a close friend and colleague but their own futures are something they have to be concerned about when they have time to think about it. The same with the Korean group.

I feel that shade. Not cool CV.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

Jakesy is my favourite LM couple. I don't even know him well but they're so adorable just like the beginning of Jam.

I think I like Rixton too, I'm so glad that she isn't with a 5SOS/The Vamps member
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, you really need to chill!

If you actually read casualviewer's original comment, all that was said was that she was grateful for what we have.

It's not insensitive at all. Whenever something happens that's tragic, it is human nature to appreciate what you got. That is a good thing to do!

You should never lose appreciation for what you have going for you and that is all casualviewer was saying!

Nothing derogatory was said about Simone's passing. It is nothing short of tragic and thoughts and prayers immediately and obviously are with her loved ones.

But seeing you all gang up on someone who we all know regularly on this forum for saying she was GRATEFUL that Little Mix are alright is not cool. IT's time like this we should all remind ourselves how lucky we are in life and if we ever need help, to speak out and ask for it!
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, you really need to chill!

If you actually read casualviewer's original comment, all that was said was that she was grateful for what we have.

It's not insensitive at all. Whenever something happens that's tragic, it is human nature to appreciate what you got. That is a good thing to do!

You should never lose appreciation for what you have going for you and that is all casualviewer was saying!

Nothing derogatory was said about Simone's passing. It is nothing short of tragic and thoughts and prayers immediately and obviously are with her loved ones.

But seeing you all gang up on someone who we all know regularly on this forum for saying she was GRATEFUL that Little Mix are alright is not cool. IT's time like this we should all remind ourselves how lucky we are in life and if we ever need help, to speak out and ask for it!
    Absolutely well said ....:)
    I find it a sad comment on so many who feel they have to jump up in arms against an innocuous comment.... It's about time they learnt to read properly - or grew up...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for understanding what I was trying to put across CT.

Have you ever seen a horrible traffic accident then gone home and appreciated your family? Its the same kind of thing.

EE, maybe its an older generation thing but I dont think its right for people to speculate about a death but to wait for the coroner's statement. It was not directed at any particular person but there is a lot of rumor going on right now all over. Also generally, don't assume that a depressed person isnt always getting help. I have known people who were years in treatment that just got too overwhelmed and couldnt fight any longer.
This discussion has been closed.