Options

Iphone 6 released

1235»

Comments

• Options
    One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been looking to upgrade my iphone 5, but I might just stick with it for a little while longer. The new iPhones don't excite me that much, but I'll take a closer look at them when they're actually available to view in the apple stores.

A lot my friends/family use android phones and I just don't like them as much as iOS. So even though iPhones are usually more expensive, I always go with them because of the iOS. It all comes down to what you enjoy using. Just like I'm sure there are plenty of people who prefer android. It's also convenient for me to be able to buy a new phone and have all the data transferred over directly using iCloud.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    I am beginning to think Apple fans are the shallowest most fickle brass necked people on planet earth. They should be holding their heads in shame, what an embarrassment.

Not only are they fickle but I don't think they have an ounce of financial acumen between them. To go out and spend that sort of money on an item that's little different from the one they already own as though they were talking about a packet of sweets - absolute madness, there's no other way to describe it.

Of course that is one scenario - of many.

I don't class myself as a fanboy - but for various reasons have the full Apple suite (partly because it, generally, works nicely together)

So yes. I will be getting an iPhone 6, Probably. That's because my phone is now two years old so doesn't have the features of the 5s, let alone the 6.

To take advantage of the new operating system (both for the Macs and the phone tablets) I need my wife to upgrade from her iPhone 4. Consequently if I upgrade to the 6, she will inherit the 5.

However, there is a fly in the ointment. Currently (and I can't fully commit until I have held them and seen the size) I thing the iPhone 6+ is a big ugly brute an I'd be surprised if it even fit in a shirt pocket. I'm even uncertain about the iPhone 6 size. I think the 5 is about right and IS better and more useful that the noticably smaller iPhone 4.

The other alternative is to get an iPhone 5s and keep the iPhone 5. That then would lead to the debate on who gets the new, older tech.

Fickle - I don't think so - just considered.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the ram in the iPhone 6 plus had been upgraded to 2gb?
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    I too am an Apple fan, I have quite a few expensive items of theirs. However, I have never been blown away by their phones.

What gets me is the hypocrisy on quite a number of the forums. People really should think before they write. Before the launch we had the Chinese guy doing a video of the new iPhone 6. One of the forums spent the entire day decrying this as a fake, the phone was butt ugly etc. etc. Turns out the video wasn't fake after all.

Suddenly when the keynote had finished this butt ugly phone was now a thing of beauty. Then there is the size - again lots of Apple users were lambasting Android phablets as the spawn of the devil, Apple users would never buy anything as large and tasteless as a phablet.

What a difference a day makes (as the song goes). We now have the spectre of Apple fanboys (and girls) almost wetting themselves, desperate to pull the trigger on the 6 and 6+

I am beginning to think Apple fans are the shallowest most fickle brass necked people on planet earth. They should be holding their heads in shame, what an embarrassment.

Not only are they fickle but I don't think they have an ounce of financial acumen between them. To go out and spend that sort of money on an item that's little different from the one they already own as though they were talking about a packet of sweets - absolute madness, there's no other way to describe it.

What about android fanboys they're up their own arse as well. So many fanboys here slag anyone off who dares to buy an apple device. Its a joke especially when they bleat on about how expensive Iphones are. Ermm hello some of the android phones are expensive but that's all hushed up. But people who buy I phones are labeled as sheep for wanting to buy one. What about android sheep? :p

My nexus 5 is driving me up the wall with buggy apps. Chrome in particular has so many bugs. Its a nightmare trying to type on it on here. At times it won't even let me delete text. End up having to use Firefox. And I'm sick to death of the voice dialler activating itself when my headphone connector moves. You just don't get things happening like that with an iPhone. Sure you get build problems and backlight bleeding but at least you don't have to battle with it everyday.

I'm more than capable of using android, i like Linux and would love to support android more. But after almost a year I'm fed up.

And I'm not impressed with the apple pre orders either. It said the store was down until after 8.40 when I switched from chrome to Firefox and it magically appeared. Lots of people were having issues, but because of this its saying my iPhone will be delivered in 2-3 weeks.

So now I'm fed up with them both.>:(