What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
Forum Member
I am a true product junkie - I love buying beauty and hair stuff. I'd love to have a peek at what everyone else is buying too soooo........

What did you buy today (or recently) :D:p

I have just bought:-

Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturising Treatment and Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade
Monoi de Tahiti Oil

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo I spent almost an hour in boots today slowly wandering the aisles :D

Despite not needing anything, I bought...
    A new eyeshadow brush
    Yet another sharpener :(
    Aussie 3 minute miracle and some makeup wedges.

Nothing exciting I'm afraid :(
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nivea Firming body lotion
    Benefit Erase Paste
    Too Faced Lash Injection mascara
    Eyelure False Eyelashes
    Jergens Ultra Hydrating hand cream
    Dolce and Gabanna parfum de toilette (red box)

Again, all courtesy of Boots!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the past week I've purchased

False lashes (2 sets) - just cheapie ones as been using more expensive ones and wanted to see if they were any different
    Bottle of So Cal from Hollister
    Lee Stafford Dehumidifier spray for my hair
    St Tropez Tan Extender lotion

On my list in the next week or so will be a new tube of Clarins Beauty Flash balm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the past week I've purchased

False lashes (2 sets) - just cheapie ones as been using more expensive ones and wanted to see if they were any different
    Bottle of So Cal from Hollister
    Lee Stafford Dehumidifier spray for my hair
    St Tropez Tan Extender lotion

On my list in the next week or so will be a new tube of Clarins Beauty Flash balm

Have you tried them yet? I wear false eyelashes 6 days a week 7 if I'm going out on a Sunday and I bought a pair of NYC cheepies from Bodycare a week ago for the exact same reason. I've found them ok but only after three or so uses as they've softened. I usually pay £5-6 a pair but noticed TK maxx sell theirs at £2.99 discounted, so I'll be shopping there when my current collection has diminished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just some Simple facial wipes and a couple of Topshop lipsticks. They smell gorgeous and stay on for ages.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new tube of Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Cream for my hair. It's expensive, but my previous tube lasted me more than a year!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    A new tube of Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Cream for my hair. It's expensive, but my previous tube lasted me more than a year!

This is a fabulousssss product! I like using it in the summer it gives me so much bling! :D
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    This is a fabulousssss product! I like using it in the summer it gives me so much bling! :D

I know - it's amazing! And it actually seems to do my hair good, as well as making it look shiny! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    I have bought the following items today:

Clinique Foundation Brush
    Simple Cleanser, Tone & Face Wipes
    Charles Worthington Dry Shampoo

I bought Clinique 'Even Better' foundation a couple of days ago and I'm really loving it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Today I bought

Some Batiste dry shampoo
    Two packs of elegant touch false nails
    Johnsons baby lotion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried them yet? I wear false eyelashes 6 days a week 7 if I'm going out on a Sunday and I bought a pair of NYC cheepies from Bodycare a week ago for the exact same reason. I've found them ok but only after three or so uses as they've softened. I usually pay £5-6 a pair but noticed TK maxx sell theirs at £2.99 discounted, so I'll be shopping there when my current collection has diminished.

Not tried them yet. Do you add any mascara on after you've put your lashes on? I'm pretty new to wearing them so have read those that say to and those that say not. If I've added mascara I am only getting 2 wears out of them.

Oh add to the purchase list I got my Hair rehab extensions (posted in a separate thread)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not tried them yet. Do you add any mascara on after you've put your lashes on? I'm pretty new to wearing them so have read those that say to and those that say not. If I've added mascara I am only getting 2 wears out of them.

Oh add to the purchase list I got my Hair rehab extensions (posted in a separate thread)

I curl my eyelashes and add mascara before I put my lashes on. I've found the cheaper ones easier to clean and after five uses they still look pretty new, whereas my usual lashes start looking a little rough (though I often find although they look terrible in the tray they look fabulous on). I prefer the look of the more expensive ones but I find it's trial and error finding the ones you like the most, so I'd be willing to try cheap ones again bit will always check out tk maxx first.

If my lashes are gunked up then I find soaking them in some warm water with a drop of shampoo then very gently brushing them out helps. YouTube is fantastic, if you do a few searches on cleaning and maintaing false lashes you get load of tips. I can spen hours watching beauty tutorials on there :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Cassie Lomas tutorials on you tube. I'm now off to try cleaning my lashes!
    Forum Member
    Just bought an Alpha-H introductory kit. I've wanted to try this for a while, the Liquid Gold sounds really good!
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Boring- some nail polish remover and cotton wool pads from Wilko's
    Less Boring- Nail polish from Asda
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday I bought, some heat protection spray and Friday I bought some batiste dry shampoo, a Barbara Daily eye primer and a home highlighting kit, with which I've given myself a few peek a boo highlights around my fringe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benetint and High Beam- both from Benefit, I absolutely adore them both!
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I bought 4 tubs of Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment, usually 6.99 each but are on offer at 2 for £8, at the mo...

it was highly recommended as a scalp and hair treament....to encourage longer hair.. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    I bought 4 tubs of Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment, usually 6.99 each but are on offer at 2 for £8, at the mo...

it was highly recommended as a scalp and hair treament....to encourage longer hair.. :D

Where did you find it on offer? Out of curiosity... thinking of getting some myself :)
    Forum Member
    CoCoKathy wrote: »
    Where did you find it on offer? Out of curiosity... thinking of getting some myself :)

I'd love to know too!
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    CoCoKathy wrote: »

Hi there, meant to say in my post.... :o

BOOTS...:D

it's out of stock online, but it's on the shelves, instore...

tried it tonight, apply after shampoo'ing and before normal conditioning.. leaving it on for 5mins.. my hair feels lush... it also has a very pleasant smell .. I'm going to stick with it a while, I'll keep you posted.. :D
    Forum Member

tried it tonight, apply after shampoo'ing and before normal conditioning.. leaving it on for 5mins.. my hair feels lush... it also has a very pleasant smell .. I'm going to stick with it a while, I'll keep you posted.. :D

Going to Boots tomorrow will try and pick some up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks so much :) Yeah, absolutely keep me posted, I've been wondering about it for a while now. Hope it works for you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I am just waiting 10mins or so for shops to open then I am off out to buy the following;

Benefit foundation
    Charles worthington hair stuff (conditioner and hair shine for long hair)
    Fake bake
    Ellve (?) false eyelashes
    Rimmel liquid eyeliner

I sound like a orange fake barbie doll with all that get up!
    I am not, honest!
    Forum Member

Wow it seems the moment Boots get this in stock it sells out very quickly!

Yes please come back and report your findings in a few months!