Options

Bring Back the Bring Back series

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
That show was great would be great if they could bring it back. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a terrible show, JLC did his best but how often did they get any of the major stars back together? Never is the answer.

Bring back the A Team was a disaster, Star Wars as well.

I got bored after a few shows, you just knew they would fail and fail miserably. Problem is, most of fine 80s actors from these shows want to forget they ever happened.

If they actually succeeded? Sure, I'd watch it, but they never do.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best one they did was Fame but the others didn't really work that well
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they bring it back they're gonna need a new presenter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    It was a terrible show, JLC did his best but how often did they get any of the major stars back together? Never is the answer.

Bring back the A Team was a disaster, Star Wars as well.

I got bored after a few shows, you just knew they would fail and fail miserably. Problem is, most of fine 80s actors from these shows want to forget they ever happened.

If they actually succeeded? Sure, I'd watch it, but they never do.

There is a new one coming out in 2015 now.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Was the Dallas one the worst episode? Only one turned up and wasn't it an actor who'd been a child in the show? I knew who the main characters were but I'd never heard of baby Christopher as I didn't really watch Dallas (just googled Bring Back Dallas :D)
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing a rumour at the time that he was going to one for The Goonies but it never came off, shame, I love The Goonies :D
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Grange Hill one worked well, but to be fair, it was the easiest as it was a british show and most of the cast were no longer famous (and the ones who were, of course, were not part of the show).
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Goonies would be great. As would Byker Grove, Press Gang or Happy Days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea. A up and coming presenter goes on the search for Justin Lee Collins to bring back Bring Back, but instead of an Annual like the normal Bring Backs, the presenter gets JLC to sign a pukka pad.

Then when it is the end of the show, Justin stands there in a room wonder where he career went wrong.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The Christmas number 1's one was good, as was the Grange Hill one. As someone else has said, sadly I dont think they could use JLC. I presume theyre not on 4od?

Edit: Found the one hit wonders one on YouTube. Saturday evening sorted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a lovely fella that JLC. http://youtu.be/PmLw8yrTXhE
  • Options
    Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched the A Team one which I thought wasn't that bad, he managed to get the three remaining main stars albeit without Mr T at the get together as he had filming commitments.
    Also managed to get the actors who played Decker and Fulbright and the actress who played Tanya although I would have liked to see Melinda Culea who played Amy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    He's a lovely fella that JLC. http://youtu.be/PmLw8yrTXhE

It's a shame as he was such a good presenter. Chris Brown came back why can't JLC.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could bring back 3-2-1 as JLC career is definetely in the bin so might as well be dusty bin.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the Dallas one the worst episode? Only one turned up and wasn't it an actor who'd been a child in the show?

Yep. He wasn't even one of the cast members that Justin had interviewed beforehand. This actor, who had been baby Christopher Ewing, turned up to the party out of the blue, just as Justin had given up hope. He'd been so hard to track down that Justin had even put out a radio appeal asking for his whereabouts but to no avail. His appearance therefore was a total surprise to everyone and not at all set up (in the same way that Justin would genuinely locate and ambush the stars at home). :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame some people refused to be filmed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    It's a shame as he was such a good presenter. Chris Brown came back why can't JLC.

Chris Brown for some time had embraced the bad boy image, and in his line of work that image worked. JLC's whole persona which he built his career, on was of a cheerful cheeky chappie, who you could take home to meet your parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Chris Brown for some time had embraced the bad boy image, and in his line of work that image worked. JLC's whole persona which he built his career, on was of a cheerful cheeky chappie, who you could take home to meet your parents.

Yes but did we really need to know JLC as a teenager would masturbate himself silly over Sabrina's Boys Boys Boys vid.

Thats not something I really wanted to hear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Bring Back...Last Of The Summer Wine'

Might as well start with a challenge...:D