Options

Paul O Grady Show Start date

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would so many people send in stuff through the post like a doggie portrait or someones christmas dinner?

The Christmas dinner one was a bit suspect I suppose - well that and (perhaps moreso?) the ice cream one (that had since melted). However, people do send in gifts - I sent him a small gift earlier this year to say thanks for mentioning two emails I'd sent, on his radio 2 show :blush: I found a stress ball called 'Stress ball Paul' and thought it'd give him a laugh :D he didn't mention it but he's thanked others for sending gifts on the radio show. I wondered if it might appear behind him on the ornaments shelf thing, on the TV show but I didnt spot it lol oh well I got sent an apron in response though :) but yeah, I imagine people do send in things for a laugh, to see if it gets a mention, see if he kicks off about it or whatever :D
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its ironic that he has said in the past that he hates "fake" celebs, yet he himself will kiss the arse of any z-lister that he interviews, because he would rather take the money for presenting this show then actually sticking to his morales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    The Christmas dinner one was a bit suspect I suppose - well that and (perhaps moreso?) the ice cream one (that had since melted). However, people do send in gifts - I sent him a small gift earlier this year to say thanks for mentioning two emails I'd sent, on his radio 2 show :blush: I found a stress ball called 'Stress ball Paul' and thought it'd give him a laugh :D he didn't mention it but he's thanked others for sending gifts on the radio show. I wondered if it might appear behind him on the ornaments shelf thing, on the TV show but I didnt spot it lol oh well I got sent an apron in response though :) but yeah, I imagine people do send in things for a laugh, to see if it gets a mention, see if he kicks off about it or whatever :D

Id imagine if someone was stupid enough to send melted food through the post and enclosing their address could get them in trouble as it would ruin others mail.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least 4 times..OK so that may not sound like much but he does still repeat the joke about wanting to rip the arm off etc etc
    I am not convinced all the letters are real

Neither am I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id imagine if someone was stupid enough to send melted food through the post and enclosing their address could get them in trouble as it would ruin others mail.

I seem to remember thinking surely if it had really melted to liquid, the envelope would have disintegrated? it wasn't a padded one, just a regular white envelope I seem to remember.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I think the Paul O'Grady Show is much more suited to the darker autumn and winter evenings than in the lighter spring and early summer evenings.

why?...
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont see why we cant have a 10 week run like they used to do in the channel 4 days.

We cant because sadly paul might have another heart attack due to the demands of live telly 3 times a week.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I think the Paul O'Grady Show is much more suited to the darker autumn and winter evenings than in the lighter spring and early summer evenings.

Agree with this - curtains drawn, lamps and heating on with a big warming mug of hot chocolate :)
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think there are fake letters? why would they fake letters? :confused:

Because not everything you see on TV is how it is..it is all planned..plus see examples above. No disrespect to paul himself though and I am sure some are genuine.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see him back towards Christmas! Have a six-week series towards the end of December! Paul HATES Xmas!! So much fun to be had!! :p Joyce and Co. could help him out!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because not everything you see on TV is how it is..it is all planned..plus see examples above. No disrespect to paul himself though and I am sure some are genuine.

Some things may be, not everything is. I agreed the ice cream one probably was and the Christmas dinner one lol. I imagine most are genuine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember thinking surely if it had really melted to liquid, the envelope would have disintegrated? it wasn't a padded one, just a regular white envelope I seem to remember.

But surely if you had your address on it visible & obviously leaked on other peoples post couldnt that person recieve a fine for that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But surely if you had your address on it visible & obviously leaked on other peoples post couldnt that person recieve a fine for that?

Perhaps, I wouldn't really know lol. Royal Mail are on twitter if you want to ask them @RoyalMail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, I wouldn't really know lol. Royal Mail are on twitter if you want to ask them @RoyalMail

Will do. Im sure they wouldnt be too happy if someone just puked their guts up in a envelope and just mailed it off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will do. Im sure they wouldnt be too happy if someone just puked their guts up in a envelope and just mailed it off.

Ugh, thanks for that delightful image *feels queasy*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, thanks for that delightful image *feels queasy*

Could have been worse. They could have urinated in a padded jiffy bag of had a dump in it while they have a extreme case of Diarohea.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
    Forum Member
    Did I hear that Paul's Friday night show was starting next month on itv1 at 9pm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Did I hear that Paul's Friday night show was starting next month on itv1 at 9pm?

Oh? I thought he wasn't so keen on the later evening slot? it might be though, I saw his radio producer Malcolm confirmed to someone else on twitter that he's taking a short break from the radio show in September due to filming a TV show and they have other shows lined up for the slot on Radio 2. By TV show, I presumed he meant the Battersea dogs show one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh? I thought he wasn't so keen on the later evening slot? it might be though, I saw his radio producer Malcolm confirmed to someone else on twitter that he's taking a short break from the radio show in September due to filming a TV show and they have other shows lined up for the slot on Radio 2. By TV show, I presumed he meant the Battersea dogs show one.

So sure I heard something about 9pm on Friday September 5th as the return date but can't find anything about it anywhere and it's only a fortnight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sure I heard something about 9pm on Friday September 5th as the return date but can't find anything about it anywhere and it's only a fortnight away.

I just asked on twitter, Malcolm said its news to him and doesn't think its true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just asked on twitter, Malcolm said its news to him and doesn't think its true.

I must stop eating cheese before I go to bed:D

Thanks Izzy & thanks Malcolm
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on The Ratings Thread here on DS that Piers Morgan is back on our screens soon (contain your excitement) and that's usually on Fridays, so that's where the confusion may lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chopan wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

I clearly misheard, I see that For The Love Of Dogs is back on 4 September so must have got it confused with that.