The last DVD/Blu Ray you purchased?

Comments

• revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Matrix, Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes & Inception, all on Blu Ray for a fiver each in Cash Generator. Happy days :)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    The Matrix, Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes & Inception, all on Blu Ray for a fiver each in Cash Generator. Happy days :)

Each to their own and all that, but personally I wouldn't own that movie if I was paid £5!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Blonde Venus (1932) DVD
    Amazing Spiderman (2012) Bluray
    Last of the Mohicans (1992) Bluray (definitive cut)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The Devils.

This is the 1971 UK X certificate cut, the longest version commercially released though with dozens of cuts made by Warner Bros. & the BBFC.

A director's cut has been assembled (and there is a commentray track for it) but Warners won't allow it to be issued.

Is this on the BFI label? Just bought their edition of Salo and was thinking of getting a few more of theirs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ive spent all day deciding which dvd's horrors to buy..purchased afew so will comment on them after i seen them :D

anyone knows of any blood soaked splattered gory ones i would appreciate any suggestions lol
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prometheus and The Avengers
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1

Looking forward to Part 2 next year.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Each to their own and all that, but personally I wouldn't own that movie if I was paid £5!

I think it's underrated tbh, I agree with the general concensus that the ending is attrocious but there are some great moments in the film. Besides, I've been obsessed with all things POTA since my childhood in the 70s so I had to add it to the collection :)
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    White Christmas (1954)
    A Christmas Carol (1984)
    True Crime (1999)
    A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
    Layer Cake (2004)
    Green Street (2005)
    1918 (1985)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Last Blu-Ray I picked up was Gran Torino for £4, before that was Deception for £2.
    My next purchase on Blu-Ray will be The Dark Knight Rises on Monday
    Forum Member
    More films i purchased :D
    The Rage
    Blood River
    Buried Alive
    The Toolbox Murders
    Road Train
    Dead Mary
    Uninhabited
    The Devil's Chair
    Revenge ( Kevin Costner , seen before film lol)
    Rogue River
    Mr Brooks

( got loads to watch over xmas now :D)
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The final season of Desperate Housewives.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A box set of all the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes stories for £25 reduced from £120 at HMV - That's my Christmas pressie to me sorted :)
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing spiderman unfortunately it wasnt amazing the sam rami ones were better
    Forum Member
    i tried to watch a film i purchased called The Rage, and it was called Rage, and a totally different film..Its ment to be a gory horror, end it wasnt..Didnt even have the case just a cd pocket it was slipped inside..I have emailed the seller, waiting to hear back from them :(..I was totally confused when i played it lol
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i tried to watch a film i purchased called The Rage, and it was called Rage, and a totally different film..Its ment to be a gory horror, end it wasnt..Didnt even have the case just a cd pocket it was slipped inside..I have emailed the seller, waiting to hear back from them :(..I was totally confused when i played it lol

A minority of sellers on Amazon (I'm assuming) are downright liars. I've had dealings with the odd idiot on there in the past.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brave DVD
    The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray
    The Amazing Spider-man Blu-ray

All for people's Christmas presents.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    A minority of sellers on Amazon (I'm assuming) are downright liars. I've had dealings with the odd idiot on there in the past.

yea, wont be buying off them again..anyway gave a crap feedback, still no email
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won Titanic on Blu Ray from Digital Spy. :-)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now got E.T. for £10

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy 1982: Amazon.co.uk: Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Peter Coyote, Steven Spielberg: Film & TV

I There so many good Blu Ray deals but really need to watch my money.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdNoctum wrote: »
    Is this on the BFI label? Just bought their edition of Salo and was thinking of getting a few more of theirs.

Yes, the BFI have great booklets with their DVDs and Blu-Rays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    This is a decent creepy flick I had been trying to track down over the years, and it's finally out on DVD in the States. The good news is that it is a gradually-disturbing flick about a reporter in a small town in England trying to solve a serious of messy 'attacks' on local churches involving bloody messages and 'offerings'. Somewhat similar to THE WICKER MAN (the original classic), this poor guy is gradually heading for the heart of an elaborate secret, which may or may not be his own deathtrap. Acting and the script are good, and you'll sink into the mood of this movie like a bog. There's some great suspense in watching to see if this poor bloke has a chance of leaving town before 'IT' happens.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil
    Let the Right One In
    Hellboy
    Hellboy II The Golden Army
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Dark Knight Rises and Ted (Blu-Ray)
    Accidently bought Resident evil collection on DVD :p (Only realised I had done it after I left the store) :p Meant to but it on blu-ray too. DO'H!
  • super__d2345super__d2345 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    The Grey (Blu-Ray)
    Safe (Blu-Ray)
    Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (DVD)