Options

Doctor Who - What If

Capaldi_CapaldiCapaldi_Capaldi Posts: 227
Forum Member
I was just wondering what (if you had to choose) you would have in an episode of doctor who.
Example Story and what would happen.

Thanks Capaldi

Comments

• Options
    Will2911Will2911 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Oh I got all excited for a minute and thought this would be a thread to discuss what if scenarios, for example 'What if 10 had fully regenerated in The Stolen Earth?' Or other similar things.
  • Options
    Capaldi_CapaldiCapaldi_Capaldi Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Will2911 wrote: »
    Oh I got all excited for a minute and thought this would be a thread to discuss what if scenarios, for example 'What if 10 had fully regenerated in The Stolen Earth?' Or other similar things.

Will2911

We can do that as well
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    what if matt smith's doctor had died of old age half way through time of the doctor and capaldi had ferociously wiped out all the dalek's and saved the day. I know some people will say 'oh but that wouldn't have been a good send off for matt's doctor' but I really don't think that is an issue when there all supposed to be the same man, and the actor probably wouldn't care if it served the story well. have said in the stolen earth thread I don't think it is realistic that he would alway's be able to regenerate after the danger has passed and would for once love to see it happen mid story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    What if the new series wasn't a revival but a complete reboot?

First episode was the 1st Doctor re imagined, with modern day versions of old episodes, better back story with Galifrey, timelords etc mentioned from the start?

I can imagine the backlash initially as it wipes out all the existing episodes, but could have been a brave way to go.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    13lives wrote: »
    What if the new series wasn't a revival but a complete reboot?

First episode was the 1st Doctor re imagined, with modern day versions of old episodes, better back story with Galifrey, timelords etc mentioned from the start?

I can imagine the backlash initially as it wipes out all the existing episodes, but could have been a brave way to go.
    ooh that is an interesting one. As someone who only started watching in 2005, it probably would have made little difference to me at the time, and after would have just left people like me feeling that the new version was the real proper version and the old show was just some dodgy early attempt, and obviously older people would have felt the exact opposite.

As it stands Im so glad they did make it a continuation as it has alway's been a decision I have respected (even before I ventured to watch any classic who) as I thought it was good to honour that heritage of a show that realistically started, what is now over 50 years ago.

When you think about it, with trying to bring in a new audience, it must have been very tempting to make it a complete reboot, and I for one think that making it a continuation for the old fan's, but labelling it 'series 1' as not to alienate potential new viewers such as myself was a masterstroke in compromise and I have nothing but respect for rusell t davies for pulling it off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    What if the Doctor had allowed both old Amy and young Amy to travel with him after TGwW.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if the Doctor had thought "B*gger the laws of time, I'm going back to rescue Adric and hang the consequences!" :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if...

Colin Baker had been allowed his full three years as the Doctor?

Christopher Eccleston had decided to do Series 2?

What if the movie managed to reboot the series?

Any number of unmade stories were made?

The Voord became the popular monsters they were intended?
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    What if...

Colin Baker had been allowed his full three years as the Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston had decided to do Series 2?
    What if the movie managed to reboot the series?
    Any number of unmade stories were made?

The Voord became the popular monsters they were intended?

You're REALLY moving into fantasy now... :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    What if the classic series had continued into the 90s?

What if JNT had been allowed to leave after Davison, without pulling the plug on the show?

What if Doctor Who had started in the present day?

What if other actors had been given the role of each Doctor?

What if Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee and other classic cast/crew members who passed away prior to 2005 had lived to see the revival?