Masterchef Australia SERIES 4 starts soon

Comments

• Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Dont think I've joined in the thread before, been a long time reader, and avid watcher. Like most on here am irritated beyond belief with several contestants, *beautiful* Mindy, Audra, Debs, Julia. Kylie I love, she seems really upbeat and genuine. The boys are really impressing me, more so now the numbers are diminishing. Wade probably more than some others, where has he been hiding? This show is the highlight of my day, George/Gary/Matt Preston combo = perfect mix. Love them!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    Okay then, rumtruffle. That does sound like a silly thing to say.

BTW, are you sure you should be reading Michael's tweets right now? One might give away a big spoiler. What if he runs into the winner somewhere and tweets about it?

I would agree with you by the way. The general sweeping term of protein, I get. Holding a bit of chicken and still saying protein, not so much.

Michael hasn't tweeted for ages as far as I'm aware - if he has, it's not been pulling into my feed. I just recall him saying he was working there.

I've not looked. I'm itching to follow some of them though!
  • freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    Hello Granny and Grandad and Mermaid :)

Good point about Mindy having the pin, Mermaid - now that its top ten its even more likely to send someone good home ... wonder what would happen if both Kylie and Mindy were bottom two! :confused:

I can't wait for tonight when we go all Italia! Perhaps we should take the opportunity to learn a few words of Italian? :)
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I would agree with you by the way. The general sweeping term of protein, I get. Holding a bit of chicken and still saying protein, not so much.

Michael hasn't tweeted for ages as far as I'm aware - if he has, it's not been pulling into my feed. I just recall him saying he was working there.

I've not looked. I'm itching to follow some of them though!

Don't scratch that itch yet! I accidentally saw the result from last year before the final and it took all the shine and suspense out of the last three weeks for me...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I've also watched Australian and Junior Masterchef since the beginning but haven't posted before.

I'm really enjoying this series though the screaming and shrieking is a bit much at times and that's just me at Debs and pretty much all the female contestants.

I'd love to give Julia the benefit of the doubt and say she is just having bad air time but unfortunately I can't. She just seems to come over all superior and unable to take the criticism, though I think she will get found out. No one can win only being able to do desserts...can they!?

I can't say anything more about Debs than what has been previously posted, it's a shame as I actually think she is quite a good cook.

'Beautiful' Mindy, I thought up until the last week or so she was ok but now she has really started to annoy me. After last nights Masterclass, it felt like she was auditioning for her own show and as much as you have to cook to your strengths, surely she can cook more than beautiful Asian protein.
    I'm not sure what Alice has cooked to keep her in the competition, I don't remember any of her dishes being in the top 3.
    I like all the boys and have a soft spot for Wade and Andy, both seem to be growing in confidence and skill so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they stay in for some time yet.

It's still a great programme and I'm really looking forward to Italy to see if any of the one trick ponies can produce some star dishes :)
    Forum Member
    Having just googled some useful Italian phrases I see the dessert girls will be pleased to know they've not to learn anything new... :rolleyes:

English to Italian

meat = carne
    fish = pesce
    vegetable = legumi
    fruit = frutta
    potato = patata
    salad = insalata
    dessert = dessert
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Amina's gone. :(

At least Andy's safe though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want it to be top 10 yet. That means it's nearly over, and I'm not ready for it to be over yet!

But then, I would like to watch the All Stars series. I inadvertantly found out who won when I was trying to find the recipes for Julia's Melting Moments and Audra's Chocolate tart. Luckily it had just finished, so it was all over the website and no mention of the season 4 winner!

I am most definitely resisting the temptation to look! I want to be surprised! I was disappointed last year when I spoilt it for myself - I thought Michael should have won! Same in series 1, I liked Julie, but Justine was by far and away the best!
    Forum Member
    I don't want it to be top 10 yet. That means it's nearly over, and I'm not ready for it to be over yet!

But then, I would like to watch the All Stars series. I inadvertantly found out who won when I was trying to find the recipes for Julia's Melting Moments and Audra's Chocolate tart. Luckily it had just finished, so it was all over the website and no mention of the season 4 winner!

I am most definitely resisting the temptation to look! I want to be surprised! I was disappointed last year when I spoilt it for myself - I thought Michael should have won! Same in series 1, I liked Julie, but Justine was by far and away the best!

I know - it seems to have gone so quickly! :( Do we know if we're definitely getting Allstars in the UK?
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freckle59 wrote: »
    Having just googled some useful Italian phrases I see the dessert girls will be pleased to know they've not to learn anything new... :rolleyes:

English to Italian

meat = carne
    fish = pesce
    vegetable = legumi
    fruit = frutta
    potato = patata
    salad = insalata
    dessert = dessert

Beautiful = Bello:D
    Forum Member
    Beautiful = Bello:D

Nooooooooooo more bello! :(

I always thought it was bella :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooooo more bello! :(

I always thought it was bella :o

If your referring to a beautiful woman you would use bella.:)
    Forum Member
    If your referring to a beautiful woman you would use bella.:)

Oh thats why then.. I've only heard it as its been spoken to me... :):cool:

Joke! :D :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thats why then.. I've only heard it as its been spoken to me... :):cool:

Joke! :D :eek:

:D:D:D!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder did they hand pick Ben to be with Debs. He seems to be a gentle sort of guy who has plenty of patience!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also watched Australian and Junior Masterchef since the beginning but haven't posted before.

I'm really enjoying this series though the screaming and shrieking is a bit much at times and that's just me at Debs and pretty much all the female contestants.

I'd love to give Julia the benefit of the doubt and say she is just having bad air time but unfortunately I can't. She just seems to come over all superior and unable to take the criticism, though I think she will get found out. No one can win only being able to do desserts...can they!?

I can't say anything more about Debs than what has been previously posted, it's a shame as I actually think she is quite a good cook.

'Beautiful' Mindy, I thought up until the last week or so she was ok but now she has really started to annoy me. After last nights Masterclass, it felt like she was auditioning for her own show and as much as you have to cook to your strengths, surely she can cook more than beautiful Asian protein.
    I'm not sure what Alice has cooked to keep her in the competition, I don't remember any of her dishes being in the top 3.
    I like all the boys and have a soft spot for Wade and Andy, both seem to be growing in confidence and skill so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they stay in for some time yet.

It's still a great programme and I'm really looking forward to Italy to see if any of the one trick ponies can produce some star dishes :)

I dont think she will last much longer but she has been in the top 3 a couple of times. Once was when she made some doghnut type things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice is serving lumps of coal:eek:
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sakes... my sky+ box stopped right in the middle of the Italian chefs final speech.... :mad:

Good episode though - bit surprised at gnocchi to be honest !
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then, I would like to watch the All Stars series. I inadvertantly found out who won when I was trying to find the recipes for Julia's Melting Moments and Audra's Chocolate tart.

Knowing the winner of that is not nearly as spoiling as knowing the winner of a regular series. The main thing with All Stars is seeing all those past contestants again. They compete for charities. Who wins is not so important
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else spot Mindy's leopard print false nails when she was filleting the fish. False nails... crikey - I though nail polish was bad enough. Where's the hygiene! Hair, nails, sweat... :(
    Forum Member
    Knowing the winner of that is not nearly as spoiling as knowing the winner of a regular series. The main thing with All Stars is seeing all those past contestants again. They compete for charities. Who wins is not so important

Its still like reading the last page of a book first for me... I like a mystery and don't want to know who dunnit until the very last moment :D
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    dont know whether it was done deliberately by the edit but wade and alice looked in all sorts making that dish tonight but then came up the best comments of the night

makes you wonder sometimes what shenanigans go on in the kitchen that you dont see before you get a meal put in front of you

loved how ben had to draw on all of his powers of diplomacy when asked about working with debs by the judges :D
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: double elimination episode
    Blokee wrote: »
    Also the butchering of the original was obvious tonight. Guessing this was a 1h 30m episode in Australia?
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
    *Edit: Now that I think more about it, I think later in the series there could have been more 90-minute episodes. I'll look into it and post later in the week.

I've checked the episode on the MCA website. It's in six parts that add up to 55 minutes 50 seconds without breaks. That certainly would have put it well over an hour with ads. If you get plenty of ads on Watch and they squeezed it into an hour then they must have cut it.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else spot Mindy's leopard print false nails when she was filleting the fish. False nails... crikey - I though nail polish was bad enough. Where's the hygiene! Hair, nails, sweat... :(

I know, I was stunned! Even during the ' Mindy show' the previous night I noticed her hair dangling - as you say where's the hygiene? Especially after Emma's hair in her dish - why aren't they at least made to tie long hair back?
    In reality they should have those skull caps & short, unvarnished nails. Kylie looks like she bites her nails way down.
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I was stunned! Even during the ' Mindy show' the previous night I noticed her hair dangling - as you say where's the hygiene? Especially after Emma's hair in her dish - why aren't they at least made to tie long hair back?
    In reality they should have those skull caps & short, unvarnished nails. Kylie looks like she bites her nails way down.

They aren't false nails, they are just nail sticker things (basically the same as polish).

But yes I was surprised that they would paint their nails, in case it chips into the food. Having said that, I think a lot of people do cook with polish on and generally polish doesn't just miraculously flake off.