Options

Sky HD logos

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
Forum Member
I hate logos so get upset when I pay extra for HD channels I get an even BIGGER logos than SD channels, channel 5 being the worst offender - 5 vs 5HD. If I pay extra for HD I expect to have logos removed not made even bigger. Sky could make a FORTUNE if they charged say a fiver a month to have logo free channels, I'd certainly pay that. I already know what channel I'm watching and don't need some stupid annoying logo to remind me. As a compromise I'd accept logos during ads so if I want to buy something I'd know what channel it was advertised on. Logos during any programme is unacceptable but nothing new there

Comments

• Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Toyboy wrote: »
    I hate logos so get upset when I pay extra for HD channels I get an even BIGGER logos than SD channels, channel 5 being the worst offender - 5 vs 5HD. If I pay extra for HD I expect to have logos removed not made even bigger. Sky could make a FORTUNE if they charged say a fiver a month to have logo free channels, I'd certainly pay that. I already know what channel I'm watching and don't need some stupid annoying logo to remind me. As a compromise I'd accept logos during ads so if I want to buy something I'd know what channel it was advertised on. Logos during any programme is unacceptable but nothing new there

You pay for a service that is as is.
    if you don't like, then you are under no requirement to watch!
    And no, Sky would not make a fortune to offer logo-free content, because the cheaper option is there and it makes zero difference if they still have ad breaks!!!!!!
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most sky branded channels remove them now anyway and sky has no say in what other broadcasters do, so it's out of sky's hands.
    I would suggest that you write to the broadcasters in question and say you don't like the size and the fact they are there in the first place.
    I don't like them ether but if they have to be there then the BBC 4/HD one works very well grey/white and very toned down.
    They also wouldn't just do them on the ads, as most channels actually remove them during the ads, so as to avoid issues with them covering part of the ads up, if say there is text in the ad like a phone number or website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    If we all had that complacent attitude nothing would ever improve. Unconditional acceptance of 'the way things are' is the mother of all defeats
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toyboy wrote: »
    If we all had that complacent attitude nothing would ever improve. Unconditional acceptance of 'the way things are' is the mother of all defeats

take your complaint to the individual channels then.
    as has been pointed out to you, sky have no control over what each channel decides to do (except for their own, which for entertainment channels they generally don't have on screen DOGs).

however, the suggestion that people would pay extra to receive channels without an on-screen DOG is ludicrous. if you truly believe that (which of course you don't) then you must live in some fairy tale land.