The Mentalist season 6 (US Pace) *Spoilers*

1111213141517»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Nice to see Lisbon looking a bit more tidy than usual in a couple of glamourous and feminine outfits this week. Must say, the stuff with the Kim woman is not really working for me except when there is rivalry between her and Teresa (sometimes provoked by Patrick).

Overall the show has not grabbed me in a big way since the post Red John reboot. Even the theme music jingle has gone downhill. Looks like we may now get a "will they or won't they?" story arc with Patrick and Lisbon, including complications such as the art squad guy asking her out. Perhaps this will now be the key to cutivating a hunger for a season 7.

Yes Lisbon looked lovely in the more feminine dresses, shame she doesn't wear them more often.

The stories haven't been very ground breaking since the show has come back.

It needs more Jane doing his thing, rather than the FBI doing stuff.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    good episode. like a classic heist movie
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    good episode. like a classic heist movie

Yes I enjoyed it - liked Wylie's commentary on the heist he is turning into a fun character .

The reboot is working quite well - was never a big fan of Rigsby/Van Pelt characters.

Not keen on the Fischer character but the new BF for Lisbon should stir things up a bit
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see John De Lancie in this week's episode. Thought he was brilliant as Q in Star Trek. Must say though, thought the plot was not one of the best. It was obvious from an early stage what Patrick was trying to do AND it was obvious who the culprit was. Liked Lisbon in the little black dress and strappy bonk-me heels at the end though.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Another good episode, I’m really liking the rejuvenated unfettered Patrick. Hopefully, there will be another season.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I am so happy this got renewed for a season 7 :D:D
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy it got renewed :D

Going into this season I thought it didn't have a chance of another but as things have gone on the new cast and setting have really gelled
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news that its been renewed for a new series.

The Jane/Lisbon chemistry is stronger than ever.
    Loving Abbott.
    Not so keen on Kim the FBI agent.
    Cho is as brilliant and deadpan as ever.
    Even Wiley the IT guy is working out well, even though I wasn't sure of him at first.
    I think Cho needs someone to bounce off though. His banter with Rigsby was excellent at times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 6 has been very mixed. Since the death of Red John and the departure of Rigsby and Van Pelt it just hasn't been the same. Without the shadow of the Blake Association and its leader there's no tension. The possible romance with Lisbon is nice but I don't have the sense of anticipation that I had near the end of the other seasons.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great season finale, really enjoyed it.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    What a great season finale, really enjoyed it.

This is the sort of episode they should be doing all the time. Making it about how Jane solves the cases.

I liked the line 'He (Jane) buried a man once and she never got this angry'. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the final episode. It was... nice, but too corny towards the end. I guessed Jane sent the letter when they delayed Lisbon's transfer. They could have ended the series with this episode, so I'm interested to see what they do with season 7. I love the show, but right now I don't feel like it even needs a new season.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from BatB, this has to be my biggest surprise for a renewal this year.

As for this final ep, its another that was written in case the show didn't get another season, but not too bothered by this, as I have always liked the chemistry between Robin and Simon. The biggest "drag" to the whole show though was the snails pace of the Red John "story", it simply went on far too long, to the detriment of the other characters.

That said, I'm looking forward to season 7..........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... What happened ? Did they get together in this episode ? Desperate to know but my computer has broken so on iPhone at the moment. :(

Pretty please some one tell me ?
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    So... What happened ? Did they get together in this episode ? Desperate to know but my computer has broken so on iPhone at the moment. :(

Pretty please some one tell me ?

Yes, they got together! Very last scene ended with them kissing. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    Yes, they got together! Very last scene ended with them kissing. :)

Awww. Thanks for that!
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All a bit silly and corny, but very enjoyable nonetheless. That's what it's all about. Looking forward to see what they do with it from here.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, I liked Pike so much. Pascal has such natural charm that his characters are so likeable.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very corny but I expected that. Definitely seemed like it was written like that just incase it didn't get renewed.

Shame about Pike too as I really liked his character
  • DLcastoffDLcastoff Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Brilliant news that its been renewed for a new series.

The Jane/Lisbon chemistry is stronger than ever.
    Loving Abbott.
    Not so keen on Kim the FBI agent.
    Cho is as brilliant and deadpan as ever.
    Even Wiley the IT guy is working out well, even though I wasn't sure of him at first.
    I think Cho needs someone to bounce off though. His banter with Rigsby was excellent at times.

I could happily watch a show with Abbot and Cho as the main characters with Wiley doing his tech stuff in the background. Cho is possibly my favourite character from the whole series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLcastoff wrote: »
    I could happily watch a show with Abbot and Cho as the main characters with Wiley doing his tech stuff in the background. Cho is possibly my favourite character from the whole series.

I didn't like Abbott at first but he's grown to become one of my favourite characters. Cho hasn't been able to shine as much without Rigsby there.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got round to watching this last night, loved the cheesy corny ending reminded me of friends when hes shouting dont get on the plane :)
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red John wrote: »
    I didn't like Abbott at first but he's grown to become one of my favourite characters. Cho hasn't been able to shine as much without Rigsby there.

Abbott has been great in the last few episodes where he's been a right little Jane and Lisbon shipper! :D Should be good fun watching him keep Jane and Lisbon in line next season. ;-)

Kim I can do without, glad they veered away from the obvious Jane/Lisbon/Kim love triangle which I thought they were going to do after those first 'reboot' episodes.