Options

LFCTV to launch on sky in HD.

Graham_MorganGraham_Morgan Posts: 219
Forum Member
Received an email this morning Liverpool FC confirming that their club channel is to launch in HD on November 4th on sky. Sub £7 per month.

Comments

• Options
    10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Received an email this morning Liverpool FC confirming that their club channel is to launch in HD on November 4th on sky. Sub £7 per month.
    Another channel to hate on Sky.:p
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what a rip off

it was free for sky subscribers

its just repeats of games on pay tv and free tv
  • Options
    wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly I would prefer them to show what they say they will. The last two times I have tried to use them to watch Liverpool matches they have let me down. They were supposed to be showing the Real Madrid game on Thurs at 12.00 am and they just showed adverts.

And previously they were supposed to be showing Liverpool-WBA and instead they had highlights of a league encounter at Stoke and they were an hour out on their schedule as per the EPG.

I certainly won't be paying £7 p/month - makes a mockery of their pitch advertising last seaosn claiming to be the only free to air club channel (obviously a reference to MUTV and Chelsea TV)

Actually what would be a good bundle would be from Sky to accumulate the best of all the club channels (including Arsenal TV, City TV and Spurs TV which are all broadcasrt abroad) and make that a channel. I might consider subscribing to that!
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »
    what a rip off

it was free for sky subscribers

its just repeats of games on pay tv and free tv

In fairness it's not just that. Anyway, introducing a premium subscription model would help with getting better programming to air.
    wal28 wrote: »
    Frankly I would prefer them to show what they say they will. The last two times I have tried to use them to watch Liverpool matches they have let me down. They were supposed to be showing the Real Madrid game on Thurs at 12.00 am and they just showed adverts.

And previously they were supposed to be showing Liverpool-WBA and instead they had highlights of a league encounter at Stoke and they were an hour out on their schedule as per the EPG.

I certainly won't be paying £7 p/month - makes a mockery of their pitch advertising last seaosn claiming to be the only free to air club channel (obviously a reference to MUTV and Chelsea TV)

Isn't it the case that much of their programming has been deferred or is off air thanks to a channel upgrade?

Did they claim to be free to air? Because they aren't, as it happens :)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if the SD one will be £7 soon too?
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if the SD one will be £7 soon too?

Yes, it's a full channel relaunch.
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting it for a while, I'm surprised it took this long really.
    JH is well know for liking subscriptions.

I need to reduce the amount of TV I'm watching so thanks for helping with that.
    Next is to dump SKY Sport after F1 season finishes, although I say that every year.
  • Options
    foxintheboxfoxinthebox Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can they show the away games for the youth teams? It only seems to mention home games in the Liverpool Echo article
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Will this be on VM too, presumably...?
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Massive Liverpool supporter but no way am i shelling out £7 a month.
    Its a steep price for one, if it were more around a 5iver a month then maybe, but 7, not a chance in hell, i pay enough in TV subs as it is.
    Not to mention, its somewhat insulting to the fans and the bragging of how its the only football club channel to be free!
    Can they show the away games for the youth teams? It only seems to mention home games in the Liverpool Echo article

If they secure the rights with the home team then yes.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget of course that it wasn't always free, as it was originally part of the Setanta pack and ended up going FTV when Setanta UK went bust. In common with others, I am surprised it's remained FTV for this long. On the downside of course if there was a Liverpool game I fancied watching that was being shown live on Sky, I didn't have to worry about recording it if I was doing something else as I could watch the LFC rerun later-which will now no longer be the case.
  • Options
    Chris155auChris155au Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Sky already have enough Liverpool action, in the bloody pundits? They can't get enough I guess.
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone pay that? Just listen to talksport for free, it's the same thing.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay that? Just listen to talksport for free, it's the same thing.

The big thing for many supporters is watching the U18s and U21 (and U19 CL games) live or "as live" later in the day, of course we live in a very connected world now and the truth is there are streams out there of these games already. Its hard to imagine many paying extra on top of a Sky sub for this.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    The big thing for many supporters is watching the U18s and U21 (and U19 CL games) live or "as live" later in the day, of course we live in a very connected world now and the truth is there are streams out there of these games already. Its hard to imagine many paying extra on top of a Sky sub for this.

Well as I have said elsewhere about the sub charges for this channel, I think that the SD channel should have stayed FTV or at least be part of the Original bundle and the HD channel be part of the Family pack.
    I would think that the Liverpool FC club would get more money that way as they would get a little off everyone who has Sky's Family pack, more money than a handful of subscribers that are willing to pay £7 per month extra!
    The other option of course is to team up with Sky and make it part of the Sky Sports package, but that might be a step too far!
  • Options
    richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so £1 more expensive than mutv and chelsea tv at least them two provide match day audio commentary
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so £1 more expensive than mutv and chelsea tv at least them two provide match day audio commentary

So does LFC TV - or at least it did before they made it a bare bones channel while they upgraded everything for HD. They normally have two commentators sat outside one of the boxes in the Centenary Stand while the camera stays on them or goes around the Kop etc. Last time I caught it live, Ian St. John was acting as 'co-commentator'.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The provide radio commentary with pictures of the crowd and then a scoreboard graphic and swap between the two.
    The radio comms have only been available on LFC TV GO while the channel services was being upgraded but before that, they were also on the actual TV channel.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »

LFC TV closed today on VM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »

When asked on Twitter by a user, this was the Virgin Media reply
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If VM put the app on TiVo, VM customers could subscribe and continue to watch it on their television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If VM put the app on TiVo, VM customers could subscribe and continue to watch it on their television.

But the problem is Fenway Sports group, the owners of Liverpool FC 7 LFC TV are not willing to do a deal for carriage of any kind for the channel.
    And the fact you have to have a basic package with Sky before you can get is would suggest its a deal for exclusivity with Sky considering its Sky thats handling subscriptions to the re-launched channel.
    Farcical if you ask me
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its back on VM, SD only, Still 7quid...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap timing! They probably thought they'd cash in on last 2 season 2nd place finish....
  • Options
    PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    But the problem is Fenway Sports group, the owners of Liverpool FC 7 LFC TV are not willing to do a deal for carriage of any kind for the channel.
    And the fact you have to have a basic package with Sky before you can get is would suggest its a deal for exclusivity with Sky considering its Sky thats handling subscriptions to the re-launched channel.
    Farcical if you ask me
    I haven't gone near it since it relaunched, haven't even considered subscribing. £7 a month is far, far too much - especially since we got a deal from BT with all 3 channels in HD for £11 a month - £7 for one channel with far less content just isn't good value.

I did used to enjoy the U21 and U18 games from time to time when it was free, and when they announced it was going HD I was pleased as the picture quality up until then wasn't great - then they announced they were charging and it would be "bigger and better" with more shows.

I've had a look at the schedules every now and again on the website and if anything there seems to be less content. The match replays have been cut down to 15 minute "shortcuts" and besides the Istanbul series (which I think was announced before they went HD anyway) there seems nothing new.

I think the fact I was offered the channel half price for the first 3 months not long ago says everything about how successful this launch has been!