Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Can't speak for EE, but obviously in Corrie it's because they're isn't a benefits office actually on the street. If there were, and we just hadn't noticed it before, then not only could characters sign on, but they could work there as well ; even both at the same time. since this is quite common in DWP.

They have missed a trick there. Another employer is just what a small back street like this one needs. Perhaps a Benefit office could open up in one of the disused arches? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you really go up to a stranger in a pub, that you are not a regular in, and say "Hi, I'm a friend of Gary's..............." In reality how would the solidier (can't remember his name) know that Carla knew who Gary was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just know that wimpy Steve will become the one being blackmailed here.......although he has done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has happened to the Windass adoption story line. Has it been droopped now that the script writers have come up with a new way for Steve and Becky to get a child?
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably

maybe this tram crash is cause by Clare

oh that was 2005 wasn't it :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont think that would make any difference to the wee scumbag. Just had a thought, are there any Catholics in Corrie? Dont think so, yet our Scottish soap River City is full of them, never could understand why:confused:

I don't watch River City, but isn't it for plot purposes? Soaps only tend to have Catholics if they can have a Priest having an affair!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    OK it's EE, not Corrie, but didn't Bianca have some argument with Social Services about benefit for her and all her children as part of her return to EastEnders?
    Emily Bishop mentions religion quite often ...

I stand corrected :(
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I feel so sorry for Eileen, why can't the scriptwriters give her a decent bloke to fall for? she always ends up with a scumbag. And as for the tarty Liz, she's shameless!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the scenes don't take place in real time, but there was poor continuity tonight. When Carla and Trevor walked into the pub, Gail and Audrey were sitting in a booth. There was a 30-second scene between Steve and Becky, then it cut to Gail and Audrey sitting down for tea at home!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I think it has been mentioned before, but surely the council would re-house Kylie and Max tomorrow. And how can the social be happy with them living at a pub presumably sleeping on the stairs or the roof.

Liz , one room, Steve and Becky, one room, Amy , one room and now Kylie and Max. Where do they sleep. Realistically there is only room for two bedrooms never mind four.

And now we have the old cliche of the baby microphone ( sorry , don't know the real name for them) so when Steve and Kylie are having a conversation the whole pub will overhear them.

And Trevor , please deck Nick. Now that would be realistic.
  • Options
    Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    What has happened to the Windass adoption story line. Has it been droopped now that the script writers have come up with a new way for Steve and Becky to get a child?

I was thinking the exact same thing while watching last night's episode.

I do know that Phil Collinson said he thought there were too many young characters in the programme, so maybe that storyline was at a point where it could be changed. Although obviously the "Kylie/Max" storyline wasn't dropped, presumably because it had more consequences to other storylines in development.

Personally, I'd rather have a street filled with slightly older people, as it always seem to be the older residents that become the most well loved... probably because they are usually far more interesting, and have a greater history to be mined for future storylines.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I think it has been mentioned before, but surely the council would re-house Kylie and Max tomorrow. And how can the social be happy with them living at a pub presumably sleeping on the stairs or the roof.

Liz , one room, Steve and Becky, one room, Amy , one room and now Kylie and Max. Where do they sleep. Realistically there is only room for two bedrooms never mind four.

And now we have the old cliche of the baby microphone ( sorry , don't know the real name for them) so when Steve and Kylie are having a conversation the whole pub will overhear them.

Of course, she would be rehoused, and entitled to all sorts of benefits, as I'm sure someone like her would be only too pleased to get, rather than working in a cafe for a pittance. The whole thing is daft, as is the idea of Liz allowing them to move in to the pub, just because Becky says so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I know the scenes don't take place in real time, but there was poor continuity tonight. When Carla and Trevor walked into the pub, Gail and Audrey were sitting in a booth. There was a 30-second scene between Steve and Becky, then it cut to Gail and Audrey sitting down for tea at home!

But surely that was done precisely to show us that time had passed between the scenes? No-one ever said the action takes place in 'real' time. What doesn't make sense is when they have scenes back to back (maybe either side of the ad break( and it's daylight in the first scene and pitch dark in the next, when clearly very little, if any, time has passed.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, she would be rehoused, and entitled to all sorts of benefits, as I'm sure someone like her would be only too pleased to get, rather than working in a cafe for a pittance. The whole thing is daft, as is the idea of Liz allowing them to move in to the pub, just because Becky says so.

Steve owns the pub though not Liz, she's only the landlady. If you had the choice of living in a council house on benefits or above a pub, which would you choose.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »

Max could sleep with Amy

or Liz with Amy, Kylie with max

and I agree Nick Tilsley the 3rd could do with somebody decking him because he is a complete s~~~thead to most people he meets

I blame the parents
  • Options
    quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed last night that somebody (can't remember who - sorry) said that Chesney had not done very well at school and look at him now - referring to the market stall.

Now I seem to remember some scenes with Sally and Kevin and Cilla and Les where Chesney was going to be given a scholarship to OakHill because he was so brainy.

Why has he suddenly turned thicko?

Did I imagine the scenes or what - he was definately at the school - I felt sure that he was only going to go because he was "right clever" so what's up now to make him not bother with all his exams etc?
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Since when have Liz and Eileen been "best mates" and "tell each other everything"?

never.

liz has always been best friends with deirdre- i like their friendship, the wine loving shameless hussys that they are!!

and eileen, is more best friends with liz's son steve.

Liz is shameless though, anything with a pen*s for her!!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Steve owns the pub though not Liz, she's only the landlady. If you had the choice of living in a council house on benefits or above a pub, which would you choose.

Baby sitters on tap, fed and watered, not having to save her social money to buy fixtures and fittings.
    That's exactly why Kylie doesn't want to move out.
    The fact that she thought the job in the Cafe was only to keep social services happy is also a factor.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    never.

liz has always been best friends with deirdre- i like their friendship, the wine loving shameless hussys that they are!!

and eileen, is more best friends with liz's son steve.

Liz is shameless though, anything with a pen*s for her!!

BIB she's and utter shower that woman at times.
    C*ckdaft as we used to call it, loses her mind.
    Then there's the fact that he's deliberately leading Eileen a merry little dance, right slippery article.
    Eileen's not attractive to him so he can treat her like $hite.
    You'd think Liz could sniff them out a mile off at her age.

When did Ciran get his job back?
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that it then for Kylie? She has Max back and there's no follow-up or supervision by Social Services? Completely ludicrous.

The Sky EPG said: "Kylie reverts to her scheming ways." What do they mean, reverts? She's been nothing but vile and scheming since she arrived. What an awful, ghastly, unsympathetic character. She has no redeeming features at all.

We may not have liked Becky much, but since meeting Kylie we will have felt "Better the devil you know"!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Eileen, why can't the scriptwriters give her a decent bloke to fall for? she always ends up with a scumbag. And as for the tarty Liz, she's shameless!!
    and Gail :D, maybe they should get together and be called Galeen :D
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does noone moan about what they saw on tele last night... considering it's supposed to be realistic, it's hardly realistic that noone in the street watches at least ONE soap...:D
  • Options
    albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We may not have liked Becky much, but since meeting Kylie we will have felt "Better the devil you know"!:D
    Becky was an utter cow when she was in the programme at first. Hated by viewers.
    QTC13 wrote: »
    Why does noone moan about what they saw on tele last night... considering it's supposed to be realistic, it's hardly realistic that noone in the street watches at least ONE soap...:D
    I don't discuss soaps with my neighbours. Do you?
  • Options
    Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust, me she still IS hated by this viewer, at least!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quinie wrote: »
    I noticed last night that somebody (can't remember who - sorry) said that Chesney had not done very well at school and look at him now - referring to the market stall.

Now I seem to remember some scenes with Sally and Kevin and Cilla and Les where Chesney was going to be given a scholarship to OakHill because he was so brainy.

Why has he suddenly turned thicko?

Did I imagine the scenes or what - he was definately at the school - I felt sure that he was only going to go because he was "right clever" so what's up now to make him not bother with all his exams etc?

He hasn't turned thicko, he just decided he didn't want to continue with education and thus didn't put much effort into his GCSEs.
This discussion has been closed.