Have faith, stick with it, EastEnders WILL be back!

Comments

• Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    DAN 2008:p

EastEnders will be back on form next week
    mark my words:)

I've been hoping for this since the Vic fire, then the week after, oh then the week after that.... see a pattern??

It might have a few good episodes. Lets face it a Simon Ashdown script will never be crap but once we are in the second week of Jan I bet its back to being awful again.

This is why I reckon we will be hearing Bryan has been sacked. I mean its funny how Daran Little said on his Twitter last week he had an important meeting at Elstree then tweets he has loads of rewrites for Enders to now do. It looks to me they are panicking on the set. If things are being changed quickly it would also indicate the fan backlash has worried them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Next week looks fantastic IMO. :)
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I've been hoping for this since the Vic fire, then the week after, oh then the week after that.... see a pattern??

It might have a few good episodes. Lets face it a Simon Ashdown script will never be crap but once we are in the second week of Jan I bet its back to being awful again.

This is why I reckon we will be hearing Bryan has been sacked. I mean its funny how Daran Little said on his Twitter last week he had an important meeting at Elstree then tweets he has loads of rewrites for Enders to now do. It looks to me they are panicking on the set. If things areeig changed quickly which would also indicate the fan backlash has worried them.
    i Don't think Daran Little is a very good writer corrie can have him back if they want.
    Did he say what episodes have been re-written and have you got a post?
    Forum Member
    Next week looks fantastic IMO. :)
    Ditto:)
    we have quite a few episodes in a row coming up with Saturday and Sunday episodes
    Forum Member
    i Don't think Daran Little is a very good writer corrie can have him back if they want.
    Did he say what episodes have been re-written and have you got a post?

I don't know how to quote single tweets but its on here

http://twitter.com/daranlittle

no he doesn't say which but rewrites suggests they know problems are up. I also agree. Daran along with Bryan can both go back to Corrie. EE needs an EP in place who knows how to deal with what EE is. Not try to make it something it isn't, which in my opinion is the main problems at the moment.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    err like who exactly? IMO the only decent actors left are Max, Janine and Denise

huh:confused: i can name loads aswell as yours

john partridge
    adam woodyatt
    laurie brett
    sam womack
    jo joyner
    Nitin Ganatra
    nina wadia
    steve mcfadden
    jessie wallace
    gillian wright
    linda henry

im sure theres more but those are the best ones. its not their fault if they dont have anything decent to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babydoll.. wrote: »
    Alife moon however?? what the hell happened? shane richie used to be SO good.

WHEN?
    Maybe for the first two months all those years ago, but then they mixed him in with the Slaters, that Andy Hunter & he got worse & worse, and Shane Richie over acts, they give him too many stupid far fetched stories too which are not funny...

* where did the men they were on the "run" from vanish to? If they owed that much, you wouldnt just forget about it
    * what happened to the holiday Heather Trott won - how did he get out of that?
    Forum Member
    huh:confused: i can name loads aswell as yours

john partridge
    adam woodyatt
    laurie brett
    sam womack
    jo joyner
    Nitin Ganatra
    nina wadia
    steve mcfadden
    jessie wallace
    gillian wright
    linda henry

im sure theres more but those are the best ones. its not their fault if they dont have anything decent to do.
    Yeah i agree they have a brilliant cast and of course you have missed out the likes of Dot,Jim,Stacey,Patrick)
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    Yeah i agree they have a brilliant cast and of course you have missed out the likes of Dot,Jim,Stacey,Patrick)

didnt include stacey as shes leaving lol
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    EE have a very strong cast.
    They need to be given decent material.
    But must argue the point that Daran Little is a poor writer...he's one of the few decent ones they've got.
    I think the problems lie higher up.
    Forum Member
    didnt include stacey as shes leaving lol
    Untill Saturday 25th December 2010 she's included:D
    EE have a very strong cast.
    They need to be given decent material.
    But must argue the point that Daran Little is a poor writer...he's one of the few decent ones they've got.
    I think the problems lie higher up.
    Disagree
    he's rubbish and for somereason keeps adding in silly comedy lines which really doesn't suit EastEnders
    He seems really big headed looking at his twitter also
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

Disagree
    he's rubbish and for somereason keeps adding in silly comedy lines which really doesn't suit EastEnders

He might be rubbish for EE but overall he's a very good writer.
    He has more going for him than say Kris green...
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disagree

His a decent writer and brings something extra to the show, I'm guessing people are only disliking him either because BK hired him or he used to write for Corrie, EE writing is always doom and gloom and quite identical and repetitive in nature, EE has lost a lot of its solid writers in recent years, only a few are still on there Simon Ashdown is ok but is quite limited to how he develop the characters and I really don't think his involvement in the Archie storyline was all that, so I have no problem if he brings some comedy too the show, cause if we're honest it needs it at the moment.
  • nudge nudgenudge nudge Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most people who are obsessed with EE 'struggling' at the moment are:

- not looking at ratings in the real world - its share of viewers on average has been well up this year (and please don't even get me started on 'Corrie's 50th anniversary got more viewers than EE last week so EE is well past it' - utterly ridiculous comparison, as it's far from a being a 'normal' week for the soaps!!!!!!).

- too caught up with the whole Kirkwood versus Santer obsession - which is a generally farcical, in my opinion, slanging match and one that 99.9% of EE viewers in the real (i.e. non-DS) world would probably find a bit weird and slightly scary. Of course the producers are important, but it's a bit strange how so many people here seem to love one and hate the other and not really base it on what work they've actually done or what they've brought to the show.

- forgetting the fact that (it might sound harsh, but...) we here at DS only represent a very small proportion of the show's regular viewers. I'm the first to admit that while I know a lot of people who watch the show regularly, none of them read these forums (and are certainly not going to post here). Crucially - the demographics of users are not the same as for EE as a whole, and the sorts of storylines etc. that appeal to people who post here might not be the same as for the general viewing public.

Don't get me wrong - if people don't like a particular storyline or character or whatever, that's absolutely understandable. But to say the show is 'struggling' in terms of viewing figures is not true.

One big thing about EE for me is that the calibre of the female cast has never been better. Definitely think it's a real coup to have Charlie Brookes, Patsy Palmer, Jesse Wallace, Nina Wadia, Samantha Womack and Lindsey Coulsen all in the soap at the same time ! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another good point, This hiring is very questionable by BK, someone who has little television writing background joining his storyline team.
    Forum Member
    Didn't he write the only way is Essex though?
    Which didn't seem to get praised highly

I just don't think he suits EastEnders at all and looking at his twitter he keeps going on about 'Fat Pat' which will wear thin with viewers very soon.

Kris Green isn't working on the episodes yet though as he is not in the credits:confused:
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Didn't he write the only way is Essex though?
    Which didn't seem to get praised highly

I just don't think he suits EastEnders at all and looking at his twitter he keeps going on about 'Fat Pat' which will wear thin with viewers very soon.

Kris Green isn't working on the episodes yet though as he is not in the credits:confused:

He also wrote The Road To Coronation Street, which was one of the best dramas on TV all year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Only Way Is Essex is mostly a impoverished reality soapy show clap trap.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,196
    Forum Member
    Like all things, i give them a chance. I've managed to stick with Corrie through thick and thin (almost stopped watching all together in 2007) But ever since the 'Manchester tart' episode its been great, and since last week has been unmissable!

I've watched EastEnders since i was knee high, and it's been worser than this, so i will continue to watch, just let the producer find his feet first.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What storylines was daran involved in on Corrie as I thought he was involved in corrie when it was going through its bad patch
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Has the post stolen by Billy Mitchell been solved yet - has the postman been sacked??
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Has the post stolen by Billy Mitchell been solved yet - has the postman been sacked??

And that huge wodge (I beleive that is the technical term) of hash?
    Forum Member
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Like all things, i give them a chance. I've managed to stick with Corrie through thick and thin (almost stopped watching all together in 2007) But ever since the 'Manchester tart' episode its been great, and since last week has been unmissable!

I've watched EastEnders since i was knee high, and it's been worser than this, so i will continue to watch, just let the producer find his feet first.

He was announced as EP last November then worked in a joint role with Diederick all through January and February and took sole control in March.

How much time does he need to find his feet as its coming up to a year? Now compare the first years of Matthew Robinson, John Yorke, Louise Berrige - yes her first year was great, Kate Harwood and Diederick Santer and you see just how little in terms of storylines Bryan Kirkwood has done and the few storylines he has done have been awful bar one or two. In the entire history of EE EP's he has got off to the worst start.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am NOT trying to sound nasty , but IMHO it is the fans fault that EE is going through a bad patch , if you boycotted the show for one week causing a big drop in ratings , I think they would get the message and EE would quickly improve
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJAMUFC wrote: »
    I've seen quite a few threads popping up on here of late going on about how bad EastEnders has become with unwatchable storylines going on - I must admit it isn't as good as it has been but all soaps go through a rough patch every now and again, but as Emmerdale, EastEnders itself and more recently Corrie have proved it is possible to fix.

Bad points
    • Affair after affair
    • Lazy storylines
    • Some bad writing
    • Characters becoming unlikeable
    Good points
    • Some of the best actors in the buisness
    • Quite a few good writers
    • And I know he has his critics on here but Bryan Kirkwood the man who was partly responsible for Corrie's last good era and possibly the best era in Hollyoaks than it has ever had.

So my message is as the title of this thread says: Have faith, stick with it, EastEnders WILL be back.

I don't share your confidence or optimism. Firstly, Hollyoaks is nowhere near Eastenders...the former being a teen soap and the latter being an adult soap on mainstream BBC1. He is out of his depth I am afraid. He ought to go back to Hollyoaks.