Eastenders 26/12/2010 - Aftermath of Stacey's exit! Episode Discussion

Comments

• crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I don't know what Ryan pulled out but I thought it was a 'drain' tube from her injury pulling her stitches. She wasn't having breathing problems as I recall? The only way a person has an oxygen tube in their neck for breathing is if they have a tracheotomy or suchlike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because most other people on the square have known janine alot longer & now EXACTLY what she is like ;)

They don't know half of it though - it's all hearsay and speculation as far as most residents are concerned. They don't see what we see.

If someone stumbled into the pub bleeding to death, I wouldn't be able to carry on with my drink regardless of whether the person was a total psycho or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I have been waiting for this moment for a long, long time.
  • Parric74Parric74 Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: I can't believe that Ryan did that.

He said that Janine took the love of his life away and yet he never thought about how Janine felt when Stacey took her love of her life away. Surely he is feeling what Janine went through. Also Stacey said to Ryan that she didn't have feelings for him. So why is he still sticking up for stacey?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    Nah, Janine would outsmart him and come out of it smelling of roses.

Also - why are they all so sure Janine stabbed herself? Ryan's only known Stacey five minutes & found out she murdered Archie 24 hours ago, her family the same.

I can't speak for Ryan, but Stacey managed to convice Jean of the truth, and Kat was always going to defend her at the slightest push.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was probably Neil's strongest scene. I actually felt that he hated for a change. It made a nice difference ffom his acting by numbers approach of late.
  • NPPNPP Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parric74 wrote: »
    :eek: I can't believe that Ryan did that.

He said that Janine took the love of his life away and yet he never thought about how Janine felt when Stacey took her love of her life away. Surely he is feeling what Janine went through. Also Stacey said to Ryan that she didn't have feelings for him. So why is he still sticking up for stacey?

Because he really loved Stacey. And Stacey didn't take Janine away from Ryan. Janine pushed him towards her with her little stunts (shopping Stacey to the social, kidnapping Lily, locking Ryan in a freezer, and then poisoning him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But seeing as how I don't live in the UK anymore, I'll guess I'll have to wait to see the episode. But who knows? Maybe Ryan was referring to Lily when he said "the love of his life".....
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode but went far too quick.

It was quite in Albert Square (well apart from Kat,Shirely,Bianca and Phills big mouths:D)

I loved the scene in the vic and i like pat but im glad she has once again been shown up and you'd think she would learn not to trust Janine as every word coming from her mouth is utter lies

Phill Should have beat Connor up

Loved Shirleys scene she was actually quite funny

Dot was brilliant tonight

It was nice actually having something to watch on a Sunday evening

8/10 tonight and that Brilliant cliffhanger
    Can't wait for tommorow now
  • dan85dan85 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NPP wrote: »
    But seeing as how I don't live in the UK anymore, I'll guess I'll have to wait to see the episode. But who knows? Maybe Ryan was referring to Lily when he said "the love of his life".....

Install Expat Shield then you can watch it live on the BBC website.
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    Lol like Connor couldn't beat phil to a pulp

That's exactly what I was thinking. Most ridiculous scene ever. :o
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Most ridiculous scene ever. :o

Its about reputation i guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I just saw the last scene on youtube and he did refer to Stacey as "the woman I love". Pretty powerful stuff overall. Wow....
  • Parric74Parric74 Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he really loved Stacey. And Stacey didn't take Janine away from Ryan. Janine pushed him towards her with her little stunts (shopping Stacey to the social, kidnapping Lily, locking Ryan in a freezer, and then poisoning him).

He only knew Stacey for five minutes. If it wasn't for Lilly would they really have been together.

Janine locked him in the freezer and poisoned him because of their affair. Ryan knew Janine was insure and yet he cheated on her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only knew Stacey for five minutes. If it wasn't for Lilly would they really have been together.

Janine locked him in the freezer and poisoned him because of their affair. Ryan knew Janine was insure and yet he cheated on her.

Knew Stacey for five minutes? He's known her for over a year, just like he did Janine....
    Janine didn't lock him in the freezer because of the affair. She didn't even know about it then. Her actions just pushed in further in the direction of Stacey. Ryan shouldn't have cheated, but how is attempted murder a sensible and logical retaliation for adultery? It's like someone slapping another person in the face and the person decided to knock them down with a car...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, I hope this is the nail in the coffin as far as their relationship, which was nothing more than spiteful dares, adultery, revenge and steamy sex, in the midst of statements about true love. Yawn....
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    In defense of Ryan (who I really dislike so I may vomit while typing this) he is only continuing the dangerous game that Janine started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In defense of Ryan (who I really dislike so I may vomit while typing this) he is only continuing the dangerous game that Janine started.

And as Pat said in the preview for tomorrow's episode, "It's not gonna stop until one of you ends up in a coffin and the other in a cell, and to be quite honest, I don't care which is which".

DAMN....:eek:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    And as Pat said in the preview for tomorrow's episode, "It's not gonna stop until one of you ends up in a coffin and the other in a cell, and to be quite honest, I don't care which is which".

DAMN....:eek:

So Pat will now go back to hating Janine if she doesn't care if she dies?

Ok, the characterisation of Pat has been crap to say the least. Have her either at Janine's defense or not, shouldn't change by the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Pat will now go back to hating Janine if she doesn't care if she dies?

Ok, the characterisation of Pat has been crap to say the least. Have her either at Janine's defense or not, shouldn't change by the episode.

I agree. I'm sick of Pat playing "Miss Convenience". It's extremely annoying.
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    "...cause you turned into the local fence."

Local fence, local bike. What will Whitney become next?:D

Now I like the local fence, and I like the local bike... but which is better?....
  • angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan knew Janine was insure and yet he cheated on her.

Something similar pretty much happened to me for real except it wasn't a relationship let alone a marriage. Men always go for the better offer.

Maybe he thought stacey was fitter! :mad:
  • SausageSurpriseSausageSurprise Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I've just joined the forum after looking at it for a few months. I'm gutted Stacey's gone she was the best actress and one of the best characters on the show :( although at least Jean will no longer be leaving as she's also a great actress and great in comedy plots. The episode last night was really good and I loved Kim in the episode. Max still in love with Stacey was a bit :confused:. I hope him and Vanessa don't split.

By the way I know how to read spoilers but how do you do them?
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan is an absolute plank. Janine took the 'love of his life away' - was he not marrying Janine only in September? Terrible character and very unrealistic. They've changed him to suit Stacey's exit.

Hope Janine murders him too.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Ryan is an absolute plank. Janine took the 'love of his life away' - was he not marrying Janine only in September? Terrible character and very unrealistic. They've changed him to suit Stacey's exit.

Hope Janine murders him too.

Agreed, and he had to convince Janine to marry him as she knew it would end in tears like everything else.