I hope we don't get a stereotypical gay this year...

Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
Forum Member
✭✭
Charlie, Mario, Richard etc... they all give off such a horrible vibe and are considered to be three of my most disliked HM's of all time, is it too much to ask to actually have a unconventional gay guy in the house that isn't overly bitchy, camp or annoying?

Comments

• Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Mario stereotypical? I had no idea he was gay until he said he was.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'd like to finally see a representation of a normal, regular guy who just happens to be gay, but doesn't make it part of his personality.

The OTT queens give us all a bad name :o
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Was Mario stereotypical? I had no idea he was gay until he said he was.

I think he was in the sense that he tried making it clear a lot and that he wanted to get into Ben's trousers... he probably wasn't as bad as other's in the house though.
    Agreed. I'd like to finally see a representation of a normal, regular guy who just happens to be gay, but doesn't make it part of his personality.

The OTT queens give us all a bad name :o

This... there are so many of those type of people in the world however they constantly choose the scream queens and they definitely give the LGBT community such a harsh name... :o
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the earlier stereotypical gay casting but the last few years havent been great. Im sure they'll be one gay guy that will hopefully entertain us, I just hope he isnt the 'bitch' casting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    surely they cant get worse than dennis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »

Thats his name, thank you!

I was going to put him as an example, but just couldnt remember.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »

Oh yes, forgot about that slimy devil for a second, what a hideous character he was, did the LGBT community no favours.
  • pineapplecakepineapplecake Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see a nice normal lesbian in the house! Unlike Kitten or Lisa!
  • jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely as they are playing up the "romance" cards we'll have two gay guys, because, you know, if you get two gay guys in a room then they have to get it on...
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I didn't really think Mario was stereotypical, plus Richard was one of the most dominant characters, possibly THE most dominant male, of BB7, so although I didn't always like him I did value his contribution.

The sort I don't want is a Charlie BB10 who floats along thinking they have got it in the bag and are the definition of loveable and special, while being a desperate, antagonising monster.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Anna was nice & normal :)
  • pineapplecakepineapplecake Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Anna was nice & normal :)

I forgot all about Anna. My apologies, she was very nice and normal! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could try putting a really feminine lesbian in for once, BB always stick to the same stereotypes of people, It would be nice to see some diversity for a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really think Mario was stereotypical, plus Richard was one of the most dominant characters, possibly THE most dominant male, of BB7, so although I didn't always like him I did value his contribution.

The sort I don't want is a Charlie BB10 who floats along thinking they have got it in the bag and are the definition of loveable and special, while being a desperate, antagonising monster.

Mario was fine up until his posessiveness. I didnt find him stereotypical at all. And I adored Dicky and Dolly together, actually they were my entertainment of the series.:D

Its like you say the Dennis, Charlie types of later years that are proving unfavourable for me.
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

aww c'mon admit it, Nana was the best thing about BB10! :D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Charlie, Mario, Richard etc... they all give off such a horrible vibe and are considered to be three of my most disliked HM's of all time, is it too much to ask to actually have a unconventional gay guy in the house that isn't overly bitchy, camp or annoying?

Dan, BB5.
  • TesphenTesphen Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was in the sense that he tried making it clear a lot and that he wanted to get into Ben's trousers... he probably wasn't as bad as other's in the house though.

Mario is a stereotypical gay because he is attracted to men? Hmm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Why what's wrong with stereotypical gays? They should do a Big Brother with nothing but stereotypical gays in the house, that would be funny... or maybe not.
  • MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about this this morning, and wondering who the Daily Star would want in the house (Seeing as everyone is apparently under 30 and single, there seems to be an attempt to appeal to their readership.)

So I was wondering if the Star was cool with homosexuality or if they're too "phwoar, tits" for that - Would they want two gay men on the grounds that any (chancr of) sex is better than no sex, or would they prefer not to see anything which might frighten the horses.

Then it hit me - what the Star would want if they could have their way - two lesbians! As 'feminine' as possible. Well briefed that the best way to maximise their BB carreer is to have showmance....

So now I'm waiting to see if it comes to pass.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, forgot about that slimy devil for a second, what a hideous character he was, did the LGBT community no favours.

Dennis did the human race no favours,the way he acted towards Mo when he was waiting outside the diary room still makes me mad when watching it now,slimy is right for him :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt we'll see any gay men as housemates this year!
  • kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh from BB2 wasn't stereotypical, he dealt with Brian's tantrums very well that year
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we already have one..Brian Dowling (sorry bad joke)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Dan, BB5.

Ah yes, I forgot about Dan... well there goes my argument.
    Tesphen wrote: »
    Mario is a stereotypical gay because he is attracted to men? Hmm...

Hmm, did I say this, I was saying his possessiveness and his bitchiness etc could seem stereotypical.
    Sugar Ape wrote: »
    Why what's wrong with stereotypical gays? They should do a Big Brother with nothing but stereotypical gays in the house, that would be funny... or maybe not.

I just like diversity and they make it out that the only gay people in the world are amazingly camp...
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too late he is presenting the show.