Woman attacked with bleach.

sands11sands11 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
I suppose just another example of how young people behave today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8176348.stm

Comments

• Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8176348.stm

That would be how SOME young people behave today, not all of them.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    That would be how SOME young people behave today, not all of them.

I would go further to say a tiny minority.

How about someone posts a story of teens doing good for once? oh, but that isnt sensational enough is it?
  • JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or just how some people have always behaved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horrific. to do that is obviously premeditated. :(
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is news though and terrible news at that, what a shameful and horrible thing to do to another human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who takes bleach into a cinema? why would kids have bleach? too many questions and not enough answers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who takes bleach into a cinema? why would kids have bleach? too many questions and not enough answers.

did not happen in cinema.
  • JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the description, it sounds like she was attacked by the United Nations youth league.
    Well it didn't happen in the Cinema, they followed her and her family, so maybe they stopped off and bought some bleach? Nice bit of premeditation there.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They didn't take the bleach into the cinema. The family left the cinema, went to a restaurant, and the gang came back and poured the bleach over the woman. It says so in the article.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonJonB wrote: »
    Reading the description, it sounds like she was attacked by the United Nations youth league.
    Well it didn't happen in the Cinema, they followed her and her family, so maybe they stopped off and bought some bleach? Nice bit of premeditation there.
    wasnt it just , terrible thing to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    They didn't take the bleach into the cinema. The family left the cinema, went to a restaurant, and the gang came back and poured the bleach over the woman. It says so in the article.

that clears that up then, i should learn to read things properly. ;) thanks for the correction.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened not far from where I live, I used to go to that cinema all the time, before I started going into Leeds to The Light. In the area its in, theres a mcdonalds, pizza hut, frankie and bennies, Vue, Hollywood bowl, and I think another one, so the kids could have possibly nicked the bleach from a cleaning cart/cabinet or something

Not purely a case of getting it in the cinema

Awful, awful thing to happen :(
  • John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming these yobs are caught, assuming the police prosecute them, assuming the CPS decide it is worthwhile prosecuting them, and assuming the court finds them guilty, does anyone have any idea what their likely sentences would be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes:

Generalisations... Why?
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Assuming these yobs are caught, assuming the police prosecute them, assuming the CPS decide it is worthwhile prosecuting them, and assuming the court finds them guilty, does anyone have any idea what their likely sentences would be?

Gut feeling would be community service - but in fairness that's just because I'm feeling quite cynical today!

I would imagine that it may depend on how extensive the ladies injuries end up being.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should be charged with gbh/abh and given 2/3 years min.
  • sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be a generalisation but how do you feel when you see a group of young people.
    I know I feel apprehensive. Just walk into a shop where there are a few hanging around outside, they stop what they are doing and stare at you. Just waiting for someone to say something so they can turn on them. Why should it bother them, there are no consequencies.
  • John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Gut feeling would be community service - but in fairness that's just because I'm feeling quite cynical today!

That's what I was thinking, or an ASBO medal.

Why can't the powers-that-be see that such minimal 'punishments' actually encourage this sort of behaviour? Presumably, because they live in their own protected little world and never see the realities of life.
  • Roger5737Roger5737 Posts: 2,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a generalisation but how do you feel when you see a group of young people.
    I know I feel apprehensive. Just walk into a shop where there are a few hanging around outside, they stop what they are doing and stare at you. Just waiting for someone to say something so they can turn on them. Why should it bother them, there are no consequencies.

How dare you generalise a group of people by the acts of a small amount of people. It's like calling all men and women rapists. It's also like saying all old people talk about the war all day long - the fact is they don't and it's a Generalisation.

Theres people over the age of 30 who are just as bad.

You were young once (not condemning what happened).

It appears your generation (or some of them) really are a disgrace to society too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »

Good, let's hope the little scumbag gets convicted.
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    By the looks of it he's being charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. Does anyone know the standard sentence guide lines for this?
  • Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    By the looks of it he's being charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. Does anyone know the standard sentence guide lines for this?

Probably a suspended sentence for a first offence for someone of his age.

Or maybe they'll just give him an ASBO, asking that he refrains from throwing bleach at people and trying to blind people who annoy him.

Still, given the way things seem to be at the moment, he might simply get a safari out of it.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This gang should be forced to pay for any hospital treatment the woman may need such as cosmetic surgery.

It makes it seem even worse the fact that they were a family.
    How on earth can anybody bring themselves to do that to a family?

I believe that what they did deserves pretty harsh punishment.
    You can't allow a violent attack like that.
  • Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    You can't allow a violent attack like that.

Oh, but we will.

Some judge somewhere will do their usual social worker routine and the criminals who violently attacked this woman will learn that their behaviour is considered entirely acceptable.

And then it's just a matter of time until they do something similar again to somebody elese.

Maybe it'll be a member of one of our families.