The Pro Cycling Thread

Comments

• cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or postponed until Monday, swapping with the rest day.

Down to 5km for the two remaining in the break and unlikely to get caught with 4min gap. Chase group down to 25-30 riders with Sky doing much of the work.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Eurosport really are pathetic aren't they?

Haven't they got anything better to show than this pointless shit?

Haven't they got the Tour of Norway going on at the same time? Why not show that?
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The truth is that seeing as Nibali's only rival is Old Man Evans the only thing preventing him winning is an accident.

It is almost impossible for him not to win. It has all fallen into place for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be an official announcement at 6pm about tomorrow according to the bloke on the Guardian live coverage.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The truth is that seeing as Nibali's only rival is Old Man Evans the only thing preventing him winning is an accident.

It is almost impossible for him not to win. It has all fallen into place for him.

Quite. It's been a pretty dull race so far, and it's not promising to get much better.
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "They think it's all over, it is now", comes to mind after seeing that finish. Santambrogio wins with Nibali 2nd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That brought me back to watching the Tour of Britain in Guildford last year. Waiting around for hours then having all the vehicles come through and then the emergence of the riders. At least we had the live ITV feed.

Nibali a bit further away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evans being dropped does help Cavendish out in the points jersey competition.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,283
    Forum Member
    TO think we moan about the weather here!

Tough on the cyclists!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Galibier stage up to the Pantani monument is officially reinstated, but obviously still subject the developing weather conditions: http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=823d3a40b51c82f60f316baa5&id=85eaa0c632

I guess it ends before this point on the road :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=00KDC1FnFoA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weather currently improving in Alps near Valloire. Click time-lapse: http://valloire.livecam360.com/setaz
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on where we are today ?

I've not been watching ES whilst they're showing recordings of other races.............but the live racing has moved to 1.30 from 11.30................

are we likely to get live racing from around 1.30 ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Any update on where we are today ?

I've not been watching ES whilst they're showing recordings of other races.............but the live racing has moved to 1.30 from 11.30................

are we likely to get live racing from around 1.30 ?
    Back to the original route except the finish line is 4km further down the Galibier at the Pantani Monument. https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/336092802402377728/photo/1

Peleton are huddled in a single neutralised group slowing things up presumably to avoid dropping and eliminating slower riders, still knackered from yesterday, or to quit en masse if the weather conditions turn rough?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..............it looks like the riders have decided amongst themselves to neutralise the stage..............at least for now

think I'll go back to the cricket for a bit...............:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm flicking between this and the cricket so I mght not have the full picture but it looks like some riders have broken ranks and gone after the mountain points and then stayed out in front............now 30 seconds ahead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Konig of NetApp Endura getting the stage win in California - Endura are a Scottish team, they were riding in the British domestic races this last few seasons, but merged with the German team NetApp to put themselves in with the big boys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last some GC action...Gesink and Henao attack a long, long way out on the final climbs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be a terrific finish today............big mountain. potentially worsening conditions, riders who have been taking it easy for the first half of the stage.............

Visconti has just crested the Telegraf 3 minutes up on the peloton but there are groups in between..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear oh dear, a whole day without cycling. It's been tough. For those of us getting used to our two or three race a day fix, Eurosport are to the rescue with coverage of the Tour of Belgium starting on Wednesday and of course ITV4 continues with two British Tour series races a week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Tour of Belgium is on 'live' but it clashes with the Giro (usual proviso - according to Radio Times !)

Meanwhile the final stage of the Tour of Norway is coming on at 10.45 this morning - an hour highlights...............and I don't know the score.............

England F......................(one for the older readers.........:p)
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been enjoying both British Cycling events that have been televised. Though they aren't live, at least they're getting coverage. I think the Isle of Man participating in the Lincoln Grand Prix made it less competitive.

I think this Wednesday ITV4 will also broadcast highlights of the women's race in the Tour Series. Hopefully they will broadcast more highlights and less chat, otherwise there won't be much cycling from each race. Is 10 PM too late to attract younger audiences?

Last week was great with the 3 tours on Eurosport and the Tour Series on ITV4. On Friday I think I watched 4 events in under 10 hours.

I think today's Giro stage was the most agressive yet. If everything goes smoothly, I can't see Nibali not winning.

Going back to the Tour of Norway, after EBH didn't win the first stage, I wasn't confident towards the end of the stages I watched that he would win them. I didn't watch the one he won, but time trials are totally different to other stages anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tour of Belgium underway................70k to go with a breakaway two and half minutes up the road

Some big names - Griepel, Cancellara, Voeckler, Boonen, Bach, Martin, Devolder

Sean Kelly's team is in the race

I don't think this race has been on TV before even though it's a well established race - 82nd edition...............and it looks like every day is a bunch sprint then there's a time trial to decide who wins the overall.................:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurosport doing it again !

Just like the days of Dunkirk race they've shown the first stage of the Tour of Belgium live and now they appear to be abandonning live coverage...........damned annoying !

Decisive 3 days in the Giro coming up (unless of course, like most people, you think it's over already)...........we have a mountain time trial and 2 summit finishes. if Nibali doesn't crack he wins so for the sake of an exciting race it would help if he had a bad day........................

To be fair though, I like Nibali a lot and outside of the Brits he's the one I want to win the grand tours
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nibali wins the MTT by nearly a minute :eek:

Majka takes the Young Rider's Jersey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demolition job there by Nibali............:eek:
This discussion has been closed.