Steve Brookstein book

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There's been talk of a book for some time but it seems it's finished:

Steve Brookstein @stevebrookstein · 55m 55 minutes ago
Feel great today. Weight off my shoulders. No more to do on the book. #GettingOverTheX http://www.stevebrookstein.com/shop

Also:

Steve Brookstein
@stevebrookstein
Talk to the press and we'll bury you - Max Clifford. Now he's in prison and I'm writing a book. Available to order now.

Comments

• kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that on Pointless last night, Steve scored 3 - only Joe McEldry scroed less (he got 2). Just shows how soon X Factor winners pass like corn in the wind - even Leona Lewis only scored about 30

It is an irrelevance musically
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Music from 5 years ago becomes irrelevant very quickly, it's hardly just X Factor that people forget about easily.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    Interesting that on Pointless last night, Steve scored 3 - only Joe McEldry scroed less (he got 2). Just shows how soon X Factor winners pass like corn in the wind - even Leona Lewis only scored about 30

Leon Jackson (my choice of answer!) got 1 I think. I was surprised Steve was so low actually. He hasn't let it go so thought he'd be higher than the likes of Shane Ward.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Bookstein brook
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's the release date ? Can't wait to read it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's the release date ? Can't wait to read it

He's probably taped all the interviews, so all the ghost writer has to do now is write the book.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll ever 'get over the X' - it's the only thing keeping him relevant... if you can call it that.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I don't think he'll ever 'get over the X' - it's the only thing keeping him relevant... if you can call it that.

Im all for him. Liked him on the x factor and for anyone saying he is bitter........wouldn't you be ? The way he was treat by the show is awful
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yeah I wasn't even here when he won but everything ive heard and read and all the truth we know about what really happens behind the scenes with Cowell, I think it would be interesting to hear.

I still cant wait for a tell all book to come out on everything that happens on xfactor, would be so good!
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »

Actually it was:

Leona Lewis 29
    Little Mix 18
    Alexandra Burke 17
    Joe McElderry 12
    Matt Cardle 7
    Steve Brookstein 2
    Leon Jackson 1

And XF was the best category of all the reality show winners in terms of scores and guesses
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like seeing new perspectives but he's just bitter and milking his 15 mins of fame and pretending like he's standing up for something.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it was:

Leona Lewis 29
    Little Mix 18
    Alexandra Burke 17
    Joe McElderry 12
    Matt Cardle 7
    Steve Brookstein 2
    Leon Jackson 1

And XF was the best category of all the reality show winners in terms of scores and guesses

They have to give eight answers - so who was the other one, James Arthur, Shayne Ward or Sam Bailey :confused:
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    They have to give eight answers - so who was the other one, James Arthur, Shayne Ward or Sam Bailey :confused:

It was the second round, so three pairs left, six answers needed, and the contestants had more than one category to choose from, there was BGT, SCD and Celebrity Big Brother winners too.

Joe, Steve and Leona were guessed by the contestants, as was Paul Potts who scored 9 (also Will Young and Homer Simpson by the couple who didn't watch reality TV!)

The rest of the XF winners I listed were in Richard's round up :) As it was before Nov 2012 only Shayne was not mentioned :(
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wasn't even here when he won but everything ive heard and read and all the truth we know about what really happens behind the scenes with Cowell, I think it would be interesting to hear.

I still cant wait for a tell all book to come out on everything that happens on xfactor, would be so good!

His ego collided with Simon Cowells
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Brookstein on Ex-Factor. In performance, he often raised one of his arms, with the palm of his hand facing the audience, while the fingers pointed vertically upward, so you expected him to see, 'How! Big Chief Running Nose great um palefaces!' Sometimes he did it with both arms & hands, so you expected him to do jazz hands, followed by a call of, 'Okay, Steve. We'll be in touch about the Al Jolson tribute!'

And that was such a fit of the giggles he got, while performing 'Against All Odds' after winning!
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promises to be a great read. From what I seen on twitter he mentions the following:

- How he clashed with Cowell over creative control of his album.

- How Cowell released his music without any promotion. Compare this to the £20m investment in X Factor losers One Direction and the non-stop promo of Ella Henderson.

- How Max Clifford used his media links to get Brookstein's interviews dropped. Effectively blacklisting him and ensuring he failed. I hoping he includes the email proof he had mentioned several times in the book.

- How the X Factor gives showbiz journalists free holidays to Judges' Houses locations in exchange for not mentioning how the show is fixed and for free positive hype for Syco acts.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Promises to be a great read. From what I seen on twitter he mentions the following:

- How he clashed with Cowell over creative control of his album.

- How Cowell released his music without any promotion. Compare this to the £20m investment in X Factor losers One Direction and the non-stop promo of Ella Henderson.

- How Max Clifford used his media links to get Brookstein's interviews dropped. Effectively blacklisting him and ensuring he failed. I hoping he includes the email proof he had mentioned several times in the book.

- How the X Factor gives showbiz journalists free holidays to Judges' Houses locations in exchange for not mentioning how the show is fixed and for free positive hype for Syco acts.

To be fair, none of that is in any way surprising or groundbreaking. But I will confess that I'd be intrigued to read it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    I find this Steve vs Louis and Simon very entertaining I have to say :p
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, that shows the lack of integrity on the part of those so called journalists.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    To be fair, that shows the lack of integrity on the part of those so called journalists.

Integrity and sun journalists in the same sentence? Really?
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing for Steve is that whilst he is so hung up on his treatment of the show and how desperate he is to expose the truth the fact is, hardly anyone cares. In fact, most people are aware that manipulation goes on, but people clearly aren't that bothered otherwise noone would watch.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested to know his take on why Sharon hated him so much as well. I do actually believe Steve's story on what happened with Cowell and how the press and public were manipulated to turn against him.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not like Steve at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Loads of interest in this 'bitter has-been' it seems!
    No.1 in the Amazon pre-sale chart, Waterstones are stocking it- available on Kindle and i-tunes too. My hardback is on order but I downloaded a free sample from the Kindle app for Samsung and it's a really good read.
    A friend has already received and read her copy and is raving about it with lots of insider stuff that would never have come out if he hadn't written the book himself.
    On his facebook page Steve said "I don't want to change the world, just the story" and I think he can safely say mission accomplished.
    (£4.95 on Kindle... go on... you know you want to!)
    #GettingOverTheX
  • delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone read it? Whats the goss?? lol :D