couple of Foxsat questions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
Forum Member
The packing film has been removed from the front cover but response to the remote is poor unless it is left open. Understandable if the flap is partly obscuring the sensor, but it seems untidy - is this normal please?

Tried to copy a recorded radio programme to a 256mb SD card via a USB card reader, which was formatted and works ok on PC, but it was not recognised i.e. connecting it did not bring up the Media window - should this work, or have I misunderstood something please?

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris6 wrote: »
    The packing film has been removed from the front cover but response to the remote is poor unless it is left open. Understandable if the flap is partly obscuring the sensor, but it seems untidy - is this normal please?

Tried to copy a recorded radio programme to a 256mb SD card via a USB card reader, which was formatted and works ok on PC, but it was not recognised i.e. connecting it did not bring up the Media window - should this work, or have I misunderstood something please?

There are two pieces of film - there is another inside the flap on the display panel - removing this improves the remote reception slightly. It will remain somewhat directional.

What filing system did you format it with - It needs to be FAT32 (or EXT3), Connecting it will bring up a message briefly - to see programmes on it you will need to go into media and then select the device.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Yes I had removed the film from the inner panel too but find it is much less directional with the flap open

Did not know about the requirement for FAT32. Thanks
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris6 wrote: »
    Yes I had removed the film from the inner panel too but find it is much less directional with the flap open

Well, it's bound to be less directional with the flap open because there is just a small round window in the flap which significantly limits the amount of off beam signal that can get to the sensor.

It's generally best to replace the standard remote, anyway because it's dire.

When I did it made using the Humax a much more pleasant experience.
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    Well, it's bound to be less directional with the flap open because there is just a small round window in the flap which significantly limits the amount of off beam signal that can get to the sensor.
    At 45deg. and flap closed the remote needs to be pointed exactly, with flap open no probs, except that a couple of strips of label are needed to dim the standby light (missing the sensor)

When I did it made using the Humax a much more pleasant experience.
    Quite agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »

Replace with what tho'?
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WillS wrote: »
    Replace with what tho'?

Possibly one of the Logitech Harmony zappers.(I use a 525) Excellent remotes but the set up software is appalling - and that's being kind!

Other than that one of the All-in-One products will probably do nicely.
    Forum Member
    WillS wrote: »
    Replace with what tho'?
    As an alternative, how about Sony RM-VLZ620T?

8 devices, about £25. Learning as well as code list and enough buttons to include all the commands without the need for LCD, connection to PC, or website, and so 2xAA batteries last for a year.